• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

PK Gaming

B1D46IwIUAART7-.jpg

I SO cannot wait for backlash.

EDIT: My god....
Chie is the Marie of the Persona fandom!

Wait, sorry, but I don't get the backlash thing? Based on the previous page I thought Chie was the best girl.

I am prepared though, just in case.

Master Chie will protect me.
I honestly don't think she's the best, but it's all opinion
Also I'm under the impression that people ship Yu X Yosuke

I think I probably have more proof that Yosuke is indeed best girl, but I'm too lazy to look for it. Apparently it's also present in PQ.

Edit: I already dumped a bunch of images, so why not add another a bit more?

Wait, sorry, but I don't get the backlash thing? Based on the previous page I thought Chie was the best girl.

Forget it. Probably just tired.
Can't wait for it to show up on on personaforum.txt

EDIT: Strange. The sight of an emotional cripple shuffling about has washed away my embarrassment.
Best go before I type something stupid again.

PQ is within 20 days.

The hype is real. Need to finish Freedom Wars before that in middle of papers and exams woo.

I know, I'm so ready. Although the time frame might be bad for some people since it drops right before Thanksgiving and some people will be pretty busy then. Also, at least at my school, finals start the week after. Will definitely make time for it though!

I know, I'm so ready. Although the time frame might be bad for some people since it drops right before Thanksgiving and some people will be pretty busy then. Also, at least at my school, finals start the week after. Will definitely make time for it though!

I'm on the same boat here. Finals are on that week, along with assignments and such. Then the following week, exams. Oh but after that... Ehehe. 3 weeks of nothing but free time to map the heck out of those dungeons :3

Of course people ship Yu with Yosuke, it's a solid pairing and the secret best OTP.

Note: I'm being 100% sincere here.

To be perfectly honest I don't know when people are joking about ships o not, or maybe just when they are sarcastic in general over the internet. I've seen statements like Yosuke is best girl (which I kind of copied here) and Kanji is best girl, things like Nanako x Junes, Yu x Fridge, etc. I just roll with whatever, (especially the ships in my head have crummy reasoning to them)

And I'm pretty sure I got quite a few photos from that blog, since I recognize the title and was following it previously :p

Exams for me start in about 3-4 weeks. I admit I was slightly confused when I glossed over this and saw Thanksgiving being mentioned, since I live in Canada.

Mdesilva

The Internet ships EVERYONE with each other. I understand YukarixMitsuru and AkihikoxMitsuru, but YukikoxMitsuru seems so random to me, lol

Setsu00

I always assumed that Schwarz Weiss would never get released overseas due to the amount of licences involved in the game. Well, color me surprised.

It still kinda bugs me though that they don't spell "weiss" correctly.

So my younger brother was in Forbidden Planet and came across some Persona trading cards and got me a pack:

They're pretty cool, and now I want them all. I got a shiny Rise:
I still gotta get a deck going for that, the promo card I picked up a little while back's just itching to get used.
I always assumed that Schwarz Weiss would never get released overseas due to the amount of licences involved in the game. Well, color me surprised.

It still kinda bugs me though that they don't spell "weiss" correctly.

You can see all the English packs here http://ws-tcg.com/en/products/

There's a fraction of the amount of Japanese sets out in English unfortunately, but it does seem like they're going forward with the game a little more in terms of localizing it so that's cool. Also for a little extra bonus the Arena cards seem to have been folded into the international P4 set release, rather than being an extra booster. Makes getting most of them a little easier (except for the Aigis promotional card, since that was given out at a regional tournament, that might be a little harder to track down I suppose).

so when can they loclalize that P3 set huh, I want my P3 cards :s

Dantis

Looks like the P4 deck only came out like two weeks ago, so that's why I wasn't aware of it.

If I can, I'm totally buying more.

84X

Banned
P4 cards are in English?

Must resist urge to buy them all.
Must resist urge to make shitty blue eyes white dragon joke.

Help me.

Looks like the P4 deck only came out like two weeks ago, so that's why I wasn't aware of it.

Buy the booster pack box. 20 booster packs at the lovely price of £50-70.

Chruncyroll and Amazon are your best bets online. Or if you have one near you Forbidden Planet and CG/Boardgame hobby shops.

Though the price will most likely be cheaper on the online options.

edit - I should note that this is for English packs. There's several sites that have the JP ones for good prices.

Yeah the english release for the P4 pack is very new. The card game can be a little tricky at first but there are online resources to help you get started playing if you're interested

Also I'm under the impression that people ship Yu X Yosuke

I think I probably have more proof that Yosuke is indeed best girl, but I'm too lazy to look for it. Apparently it's also present in PQ.

Edit: I already dumped a bunch of images, so why not add another a bit more?

Of course people ship Yu with Yosuke, it's a solid pairing and the secret best OTP.

Note: I'm being 100% sincere here.

Congrats, GAF. You convinced me that Yu and Yosuke were meant to be. I'm sorry, Rise.

headofbowl

Neo Member
Buy the booster pack box. 20 booster packs at the lovely price of £50-70.

Chruncyroll and Amazon are your best bets online. Or if you have one near you Forbidden Planet and CG/Boardgame hobby shops.

Though the price will most likely be cheaper on the online options.

edit - I should note that this is for English packs. There's several sites that have the JP ones for good prices.

First post!

Yeah the Japanese sites are really good (comparatively) amiami, just got some in stock again! Plus I just got a box through the post with the trial deck, which cost me about £50, and I got a signed Naoto and a signed Shadow Labrys :D . If anyone wants one I would trade either for a signed Yu (I think, there's a signed Yu right?).

First post!

Yeah the Japanese sites are really good (comparatively) amiami, just got some in stock again! Plus I just got a box through the post with the trial deck, which cost me about £50, and I got a signed Naoto and a signed Shadow Labrys :D . If anyone wants one I would trade either for a signed Yu (I think, there's a signed Yu right?).

Welcome \o/

Amiami is great but if you get hit with a custom charge it bumps the price up. Only worth it lately if you are ordering a fair amount of stuff.

Dantis

First post!

If I get a signed Narukami I'll trade for your Naoto, haha.

Are they actually signed? Or is it just printed on?

Yeah they're just printed/stamped on, but they can be very rare just because of it. Here's all the possible signed card characters as listed on the website

■ Exclusive SP Gold Foil/Hot Stamp signed cards from the Japanese voice actors / actresses are inserted randomly in packs.

Daisuke Namikawa (Protagonist)
Yui Horie (Chie Satonaka)
Rie Kugimiya (Rise Kujikawa)
Romi Park (Naoto Shirogane)
Ayana Taketatsu (Labrys/Shadow Labrys)

Now if this applies to all cards they can be on or just one per character I'm not sure, but I'm leaning on the latter. For example, my Fate/Zero trial deck made it look like signed cards would either be one specific Saber or one specific Irisviel, if any at all due to the rarity.

So, I'm playing through Vagrant Story while I wait for PQ to come out, and so far it's really fun, if kinda overwhelming. The best part though, is that there is a character named John Hardin. If he ever becomes a character I have to fight, I'm going to have some seriously conflicting feelings.

Sorry if this is old, just thought it was kinda funny.

The Internet ships EVERYONE with each other. I understand YukarixMitsuru and AkihikoxMitsuru, but YukikoxMitsuru seems so random to me, lol

Yeah, apparently Naoto x Rise is a somewhat popular thing too (compared to arbitrary things like KanjixChie)? Not exactly sure why Rise specifically though, Naoto is popular with all the girls (cards in foot lockers too, though there isn't any real shipping with nameless NPCs except maybe the Mitsuru admirer?). This includes the girls in IT apparently :p
Edit:

There isn't a single thing about this image I don't like

So, I'm just guessing, but does that mean that there are Yukiko, Chie, and Rise equivalents (I'm not sure about any others), and one could possibly make a deck revolving around the protagonist with all the ladies and actually be effective? I'd totally do that if it was viable :p

So, I'm just guessing, but does that mean that there are Yukiko, Chie, and Rise equivalents (I'm not sure about any others), and one could possibly make a deck revolving around the protagonist with all the ladies and actually be effective? I'd totally do that if it was viable :p

They all have cards, yes. You could build a deck with them all but how effectively it runs relies on the cards you can get to back them up, Cards in Weiss Schwarz are in one of four colors (Yellow has Yu and Yosuke, Red has Yukiko and Kanji, Green has Chie and Rise, and Blue has Naoto and Teddie, if we strictly talk about the Investigation Team and none of the other characters). Would it be viable though? In my personal opinion with the way the rules of the game work, not really. Three colors at most, if even that much. It'd take a bit too much time to explain why in here and I don't want to derail the post too much however.

Also on another note, I advise that those who have not beaten Persona 4 do not look up the card list. A few spoilery cards do lie in the set.

Dantis

The implications of where Rise is touching Naoto in that scene are a bit... much.

It was a bad scene in the actual game, but it was worse in the anime.

Dantis

There was barely any in Persona 3 or Persona 4. P4G was full of it, but even that only had a couple of additional egregious moments (in regards to sexual fanservice).

Yup. Catherine had a fair amount, but it was entirely optional. I didn't even realise it was all in there until my second playthrough.

LX_Theo

Banned
Yup. Catherine had a fair amount, but it was entirely optional. I didn't even realise it was all in there until my second playthrough.

It also usually made a lot of sense in Catherine, so it doesn't detract from the enjoyment nearly as much as fanservice can.

I doubt it'll be toned down any considering how it's only gotten more pronounced with each release. But I suppose it won't be as bad as what we eventually see in Persona 5 Vita.

Anyway: the album version of Azealia Banks's "Gimme a Chance" has a pretty big Persona vibe to it.

Sophia

Given that Catherine is a story about romance, a lot of the fanservice in that game can't even be called egregious. It just kind of comes with the genre of the story. :\

84X

Banned
You guys don't have to worry too much about fan service, P5 is going to be an all male cast.

There will however be some really manly HD bath scenes... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

They all have cards, yes. You could build a deck with them all but how effectively it runs relies on the cards you can get to back them up, Cards in Weiss Schwarz are in one of four colors (Yellow has Yu and Yosuke, Red has Yukiko and Kanji, Green has Chie and Rise, and Blue has Naoto and Teddie, if we strictly talk about the Investigation Team and none of the other characters). Would it be viable though? In my personal opinion with the way the rules of the game work, not really. Three colors at most, if even that much. It'd take a bit too much time to explain why in here and I don't want to derail the post too much however.

Also on another note, I advise that those who have not beaten Persona 4 do not look up the card list. A few spoilery cards do lie in the set.

Oh, so its kind of like Magic, where you have a chance of screwing yourself over if you try to actually evenly spread out to multiple colours (in that game I think if you wanted to use all 5 colours then you would use at the very most 3 with only 1 or 2 cards in the other colours. I think generally its more common to use 1 or 2 colours)

A question arises then, considering Yu and Yosuke are both yellow, of whether or not there is a Christmas Yosuke Card. (googling yosuke trading card game got me pokemon cards illustrated by someone named yosuke)

If it's going to be like P3 and P4, I think it might become a tradition for a 'guys spying on girls' hot-spring event. But you never know, they might break it, though I'm unsure about the others such as tradition for silent protagonist with wild card, magicians being the protagonists' bros (for the most part, I think some people disliked them hence the Yosuke dedicated podcast episode), Igor and Velvet room etc. Maybe things like both magicians being the protag's bros or Priestess with bad cooking were just coincidences in the first place.

Top Bottom