• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

headofbowl

Neo Member
If I get a signed Narukami I'll trade for your Naoto, haha.

Are they actually signed? Or is it just printed on?

Sorry, just got back from work. Yeah I'd be totally game (I've got the standard version of the Naoto anyway :p ) Here's how they look, sorry about the quality... The initial picture was huge! I also have My Christmas Eve it's
Naoto in the Yaso High outfit hence Christmas Eve

elsCSCB.jpg

D-Man

Yo, PersonaGAF! I'm a long-time lurker who finally got their account approved, so I figured I'd make an introductory post.

I've been lurking since around OT3 and finally got the courage to sign up a few months ago. I love the Persona series and PGAF's
waifu wars
discussions was one of the reasons I decided to join GAF in the first place. I'm really glad that I got approved so close to the PQ release, too. I'm super hyped for it!

Anyways, I'm happy to be here and can't wait to get to know you guys better!

Mitsuru is best girl

Dantis

I haven't been checking back in awhile. But this page... I'm sure it's gotten even worse somewhere before this one.

Everything bad on this page comes from petrock's posts. Worth pointing out.

Given that Catherine is a story about romance, a lot of the fanservice in that game can't even be called egregious. It just kind of comes with the genre of the story. :\

I wouldn't say it's egregious, but it serves no purpose. The pictures Catherine sends you on your phone are optional and pretty much just there as a reason to show pictures of her in a state of undress.

Sorry, just got back from work. Yeah I'd be totally game (I've got the standard version of the Naoto anyway :p ) Here's how they look, sorry about the quality... The initial picture was huge! I also have My Christmas Eve it's
Naoto in the Yaso High outfit hence Christmas Eve

elsCSCB.jpg

Okay, that actually looks really fucking cool.

waifu wars

No.

Bad new poster.

Also welcome.

Yo, PersonaGAF! I'm a long-time lurker who finally got their account approved, so I figured I'd make an introductory post.

I've been lurking since around OT3 and finally got the courage to sign up a few months ago. I love the Persona series and PGAF's
waifu wars
discussions was one of the reasons I decided to join GAF in the first place. I'm really glad that I got approved so close to the PQ release, too. I'm super hyped for it!

Mitsuru is best girl

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your time in the thread!

I wouldn't say it's egregious, but it serves no purpose. The pictures Catherine sends you on your phone are optional and pretty much just there as a reason to show pictures of her in a state of undress.

I'm not saying that you're wrong, but a big part of Catherine's character is being seductive, and sending dirty pics is a pretty important part of being seductive nowadays. At least that's the impression I get from the number of sexting scandals in the news.

EDIT: Should add though that the above is just my opinion on Catherine's character. I'm all for less fanservice in P5. Or if they simply must do it (for whatever reason), I hope it's more creative than the girls in a hot spring complimenting each others' skin.

I have no self control, I literally just bought the fuck out of those trading cards on Amazon.

Ah well, It'll be an Xmas present from me to me :)

Dantis

I have no self control, I literally just bought the fuck out of those trading cards on Amazon.

Ah well, It'll be an Xmas present from me to me :)

...How much did you just spend? And what specifically did you buy?

I was just thinking that I might buy one of the boxes, and then just sell off, say, half the packs.

I was just thinking that I might buy one of the boxes, and then just sell off, say, half the packs.

I spent.........money........much money. I'll send the amazon link if you want.

I bought one of the 160 card boxes as well as the starter pack that has the rules,deck manual, playbook and the game mat.

If I get any doubles (which, lets face it, I will) I'll offer them out on here and my twitter for cheap.

headofbowl

Neo Member

I would get them from amiami http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...s=weiss+schwarz$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1 they're about £35 without shipping. I would offer to split it, but I've just bought a box and a half, a trial deck, then a box of the Persona Q set (and when I didn't get Liz or the P3MC I bought them on ebay :p ).

Just did the calculations, from AmiAmi its £75.66 without shipping for the 160 box + starter pack set, WITHOUT shipping or customs.

From Amazon, it was £78.17 WITH shipping.

headofbowl

Neo Member
Did you get hit with a customs charge for all that?

Nope, I got them in four batches. I got one pack from Chaos cards (whilst I was waiting for the booster box from Amiami). I got a RR shadow Labrys (like the signed one in the picture), I thought it was cool so I bought 10 more from them (which cost the same as the booster box from Amiami :p ). Then I got the PQ set on EMS from them, no charge from parcel force. The box and deck came today from Royal mail, and luckily no fine! I didn't get fined on ultimax either (I did get fined on a Yukiko figma though).

EDIT:
Paypal conversion for the 20 pack Box, Deck and shipping:

From amount £52.25 GBP
To amount ¥8,628 JPY
Exchange rate: 1 GBP = 165.148JPY

That's how much I paid, maybe they gave me a good conversion rate?

I was laying off anymore English cards till the Monogatari set was out, by you guys and your talk of buying made me get the person booster pack box!

84X

Banned
I really want to get some cards but shit is expensive (at least in Canadian dollars).

I think the best thing to do would be to buy a bunch of cards to build a deck and then sell off the ones you don't use, but on the other hand I don't know if I'd want to sell anything but extras :/

I have to remember that I'm spending about $300 on PQ this month, so gotta say no to pieces of paper.

PK Gaming

waifu wars

Mitsuru is best girl

Believe it or not, waifu wars aren't that prominent in PersonaGAF (in fact, "waifu" discussions are almost always facetious)

We usually get caught up in disagreements, bicker over plot points and character interpretations, and sometimes we can get at each others throats. It's never personal though, and it's usually a good time here.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

PK Gaming

They still happen, though. Facetious or not.

They're not really frequent to the point of mentioning, though.

Nobody bats an eye when John Hardin pushes Chie being the best girl, because we all know it's in good jest.

Compare that to say... the Persona 5 thread in gaming, which literally devolved into a waifu wars. And as always, we were blamed for it despite not having anything to do with it.

Nobody bats an eye when John Hardin pushes Chie being the best girl, because we all know it's in good jest.

Compare that to say... the Persona 5 thread in gaming, which literally devolved into a waifu wars. And as always, we were blamed for it despite not having anything to do with it.

Well. Except for me. Cause I'm kind of a tit.
But honestly, I think P5 would be best off if the characters from 3 and 4 were completely absent from it.

EDIT:
Why? Every single Persona main game up to this point has had a character reference, either explicit or implicit, from its previous game.

Not necessarily a good thing. Lack of actual appearances helps keep individual interpretations/headcanons intact.
Though, by all means, when it gets to the spinoffs, go wild.

FluxWaveZ

I guess, though the "Chie best girl" stuff is kind of what I mean by the facetious point. People might not be literally arguing about who the best girl in Persona is, but it's frequently joked about here.

But honestly, I think P5 would be best off if the characters from 3 and 4 were completely absent from it.

Why? Every single Persona main game up to this point has had a character reference, either explicit or implicit, from its previous game.

Edit: Persona magazine #September also apparently stated that P5 takes place in the same universe as P4, so a little reference is probably a given.

Sophia

Actual, genuine waifu wars make me roll my eyes. I love to joke in the name of humor, but people being serious about it just disgusts me.
Husbando wars on the other hand... ;p

Luckily, as PK noted, they're almost non-existent in here. Usually it's just someone making fun of it, like Hardin did. And considering how fantastically he did it, that is all sorts of awesome!

About 90% of things I know about anime, including waifu wars, I learned from this thread. Didn't realize it was a serious thing. Asking a couple friends that watched anime, they didn't know what 'waifus' were either.

Also, googling "gamefaqs waifu" brought up the first result pokemon related, with persona a bit lower.

FluxWaveZ

Not necessarily a good thing. Lack of actual appearances helps keep individual interpretations/headcanons intact.
Though, by all means, when it gets to the spinoffs, go wild.

I guess I disagree then, because screw individual interpretations and headcanons to that extent. If all the Persona games take place in the same universe, it's fun to see slightly grown up versions of minor characters or just have them be talked about in a TV show without seeing their portrait. Maybe not to a Persona 2: Innocent Sin extent where characters from the previous game are very active in the story, but I have no problems whatsoever with seeing Chihiro or Tanaka again.

Nimby

Banned
The joke gets out of hand sometimes though, as evidenced by that Persona 5 thread. I surely hope no one here is serious about 'waifus.'

I guess I disagree then, because screw individual interpretations and headcanons to that extent. If all the Persona games take place in the same universe, it's fun to see slightly grown up versions of minor characters or just have them be talked about in a TV show without seeing their portrait. Maybe not to a Persona 2: Innocent Sin extent where characters from the previous game are very active in the story, but I have no problems whatsoever with seeing Chihiro or Tanaka again.

You know what? You're right. Let me rephrase that as party members shouldn't show up outside of zany spinoffs. NPCs are less likely to be sacred cows to players, so they're a safe option.

EDIT: You know what? Nanaken is one of those "Sure, why not?" things for me.
Then I notice the age difference and I'm like noooooooo.

Acid08

Banned
Grown up Nanako in P5?
I don't think the ship with Ken is happening :p And I personally don't actually believe in this particular thing

Yeah the age difference by Ultimax probably prevents the shipping between the two. Only similarities I see anyways are they are both relatively young (though Ken is quite a bit older) and Justice

Man, fuck this.

Sophia

Grown up Nanako in P5?
I don't think the ship with Ken is happening :p And I personally don't actually believe in this particular thing

Yeah the age difference by Ultimax probably prevents the shipping between the two. Only similarities I see anyways are they are both relatively young (though Ken is quite a bit older) and Justice

I... uh.... hmm.... I dunno what to think about this? >_>;

I'm with PK on this one. :p

Nimby

Banned
Art/meme dumps are fine and all, but it gets a little old when it's every post. I think we would all appreciate if you contributed to discussions a bit more :]

Not really-sorta off topic: What should I play when I get back to my dormitory? Nocturne or DDS?

kewlmyc

Grown up Nanako in P5?

Isn't Nanako like 8 years younger than him? I mean I've seen it in real life, but still...

Isn't Nanako like 8 years younger than him? I mean I've seen it in real life, but still...

By Ultimax, she's 7, he's 13. 6 years. Not that big a difference further down the line, but at this point... yeeeeeah... no.

EDIT: Save it for Persona 10.
Where it turns out Ken's a dream all along.

Nimby

Banned
Seriously hope sub-personas make their way into Persona 5. I dunno if PQ has this restriction, but maybe limit them to their respective arcanas?

So this will be the P5 Cast....

that or...

You are a slave. Want emancipation?

No. I want to be... Free!

Seriously hope sub-personas make their way into Persona 5. I dunno if PQ has this restriction, but maybe limit them to their respective arcanas?

I still want to try out using sub-personas myself in PQ, but it certainly seems tempting. Could make the gameplay of P5 that much more interesting. Though at this point, I just want to know about P5 in general. All in good time I guess.

Caladrius

Not really-sorta off topic: What should I play when I get back to my dormitory? Nocturne or DDS?

Nocturne. The first DDS is really inconsistent in quality (The sequel is much better)

I almost always prefer 2nd installments of things for some reason.
Kingdom Hearts 2
Persona 4 (That's not a dumb joke. I personally consider 3 a reboot and treat it accordingly)
Mario Galaxy 2
New Super Mario Bros. 2/U
Mario 3D World
Pokemon Gold and Silver
Halo 2
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Majora's Mask (as 2nd 3D Zelda)

Only major exceptions I can think of are Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and F-Zero X. (I prefer the original Paper Mario and GX, respectively.)

So this will be the P5 Cast....

that or...

tumblr_n4yoxbNASj1r7xn3ko1_500.gif

Believe it or not, waifu wars aren't that prominent in PersonaGAF (in fact, "waifu" discussions are almost always facetious)

We usually get caught up in disagreements, bicker over plot points and character interpretations, and sometimes we can get at each others throats. It's never personal though, and it's usually a good time here.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

But you're a Yu main. It will always be personal, partner.

waifu wars

Mitsuru is best girl

Welcome! As long as you think Yosuke is top banana, we'll get along just fine :p

Top Bottom