• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
They're not really frequent to the point of mentioning, though.

Nobody bats an eye when John Hardin pushes Chie being the best girl, because we all know it's in good jest.

Compare that to say... the Persona 5 thread in gaming, which literally devolved into a waifu wars. And as always, we were blamed for it despite not having anything to do with it.

I don't like that PGAF is usually blamed for it, but I do like to joke around in those threads.

I mean, if you're going to be sarcastic and tell people you're being sarcastic, then it loses the point of you being sarcastic!

I have a pretty BAD(sorry didnt notice) sense of what's good or bad, funny or not, weird or not, etc. but I'll try my best to limit the garbage, unless it's a literal garbage can with Yosuke involved. Whatever mechanism in the brain that decides what's good or not is probably broken in mine, and I'm going insane.
For example I didn't find anything particularly wrong with Meatsuru, especially compared to some other stuff I saw on Tumblr. When I saw it the first time all I did was chuckle a bit really.

I have a pretty sense of what's good or bad, funny or not, weird or not, etc. but I'll try my best to limit the garbage, unless it's a literal garbage can with Yosuke involved. Whatever mechanism in the brain that decides what's good or not is probably broken in mine, and I'm going insane.
For example I didn't find anything particularly wrong with Meatsuru, especially compared to some other stuff I saw on Tumblr. When I saw it the first time all I did was chuckle a bit really.
You and me both.
obviously Nanako grows up and
becomes a really tall police detective, look forward to the novel detailing her exploits

Does she get a transforming motorcycle husbando too?

Dantis

I have a pretty sense of what's good or bad, funny or not, weird or not, etc. but I'll try my best to limit the garbage, unless it's a literal garbage can with Yosuke involved. Whatever mechanism in the brain that decides what's good or not is probably broken in mine, and I'm going insane.

#PROVEIT

Oh crap that was supposed to read pretty bad sense of that stuff. sorry. i think i proved how bad it was though unless you want me to prove it more :p

I accidentally kept pressing back when typing that and ended up having to rewrite the message 3 times. I got kind of annoyed and stopped checking to see if it made sense after it happened the first time.

But does that mean Shadow Chie's banana head means anything?

EDIT: Chie may be best girl. It just doesn't specify for whom.
Quite a clever way to circumvent the waifu wars...

Shadow Chie is a dominatrix banana head, and Yosuke is cool playing second banana.
It all makes sense now.
I have no clue wth I'm talking about

Edit: So basically you're saying that Yosuke is supposed to be with Chie?
Then Yu can't be with best girl
Yosuke

tumblr_n5vwrkucg91sd4mmco1_500.gif
Guess the ship sank

Sad as it is, it took me a while to figure out what was going on.

At first I thought something happened to you.

Then I looked a bit closer.

Hey guys, I've never played any of the Persona games before, but I hear about how good it is all the time here on GAF and from the Super Best Friends. I just ordered Persona 4 for PS2 last night on Amazon and plan on playing it for the first time. The most experience with RPGs that I have is with Pokemon and Paper Mario TTYD, so I'm not sure what to expect from P4.
I hope that it lives up to its reputation, will report back here with first impressions once it's been delivered to me.

Caladrius

Hey guys, I've never played any of the Persona games before, but I hear about how good it is all the time here on GAF and from the Super Best Friends. I just ordered Persona 4 for PS2 last night on Amazon and plan on playing it for the first time. The most experience with RPGs that I have is with Pokemon and Paper Mario TTYD, so I'm not sure what to expect from P4.
I hope that it lives up to its reputation, will report back here with first impressions once it's been delivered to me.

Just keep in mind that the game takes awhile to pick up. The game takes a lot of time to set up the story and characters, as well as to introduce you to the game mechanics. Once you hit April 19th (or was it the 20th) the game gets into full swing and you're given the freedom to do what you want..

LX_Theo

Banned

Remember its quite long, and has a slightly infamous slow start. So make sure not to write it off too early. I look forward to hearing your reactions. Its always fun to see what people think of games I love.

Nap1400

You got at least a good two hours before the game gets to the real meat. If you have the patience for that, you're good to go.

LX_Theo

Banned
I actually liked the game start's slow grind in building its setting :s

So did I. But a game with as positive a reputation as P4 has garnered over the years will lead to high hopes early on. For many, a slow start can hurt this immensely.

Yeah, I have no problem with story heavy starts like that as long as the content is interesting.

I disliked KHII's Intro (partly because I knew what would happen already, but puzting around in some town for 3 hours + minigames is boring...) but I didn't mind P3's at all.

I also came to the Persona series having only played games like Pokémon and Fire Emblem, you'll be fine.
I actually liked the game start's slow grind in building its setting :s
Me too!
I disliked KHII's Intro (partly because I knew what would happen already, but puzting around in some town for 3 hours + minigames is boring...) but I didn't mind P3's at all.
I also disliked KHII's, since by that time I was younger and KHII was my first KH game so I was always like "where are the Disney characters WHERE ARE THEY", plus the Nobodies and the mansion kinda freaked me out. lol

Acid08

Banned

Well yeah, like I said, the content has to be interesting. I'm pretty indifferent on KHII's intro, it was mildly entertaining.

I grinded the exact the same minigame, it was a pain. Plus for me it crashed occasionally.

Also, did they revamp parts of Naoto's social link in golden? Or everyone's? Or maybe's it's just one animation where Naoto removes his hat when he's angry that I don't remember.

Caladrius

I grinded the exact the same minigame, it was a pain. Plus for me it crashed occasionally.

Also, did they revamp parts of Naoto's social link in golden? Or everyone's? Or maybe's it's just one animation where Naoto removes his hat when he's angry that I don't remember.

I found the minigame thing only mildly annoying if I did the cargo minigame. Spamming jump attacks on the cart makes it really easy to finish fast enough for the highest amount of money.
It's a very good thing KH2 let you skip cutscenes though. Makes subsequent playthroughs much more enjoyable when you can just watch only the scenes you want to.

And there were no rewrites to existing social links.

I found the minigame thing only mildly annoying if I did the cargo minigame. Spamming jump attacks on the cart makes it really easy to finish fast enough for the highest amount of money.
It's a very good thing KH2 let you skip cutscenes though. Makes subsequent playthroughs much more enjoyable when you can just watch only the scenes you want to.

And there were no rewrites to existing social links.

OK thanks, it's been a while since I played P4.

Also I remember that minigame, did that the most because it was short and it was fairly obvious if you made a mistake so you could restart (if the cargo goes too much to the left or right). Though occasionally I did try a few other ones just to break the monotony.

abrack08

So, I was at a comic book store today and saw some Persona 4 trading cards. Ended up buying a Starter Deck and some booster packs. I was ready to take some pics and let you guys know they existed, but I see you all already figured that out. That's what I get for not lurking the past few days!

Didn't get any super rare signed ones. I did get an Infinite Possibilities Naoto! and a Miss Protag and Miss Teddie.

EDIT: And wow, that Maya pic is fantastic!

pariah164

itshappening.gif

Sadly, this will be a Christmas gift, so I will be about a month behind you guys when I finally crack them open. However, I will be joining the Persona Q crossover funtime party eventually, which is better than never.

Setsu00

Does anyone know whether I have to order Ultimax at Rice Digital if I want the first tarot card set? I'd prefer ordering from Amazon if possible.

itshappening.gif

Sadly, this will a Christmas gift, so I will be about a month behind you guys when I finally crack them open. However, I will be joining the Persona Q crossover funtime party eventually, which is better than never.

I will be in exams around the time the game releases sadly, I believe my first one will be on the 8th of December or something. I will be able to give the game a test drive, but I'll only be able to fully dive in, worry free, after that god forsaken awful week.

Soulflarz

Banned
I will be in exams around the time the game releases sadly, I believe my first one will be on the 8th of December or something. I will be able to give the game a test drive, but I'll only be able to fully dive in, worry free, after that god forsaken awful week.

You could do what I did the week I got p4g
Pray you dont fail and dont study

A miserable pile of homework.

Yep. Told myself I'd get it done early, out of like 7 'assignments' I got 2 done so far lol.

Miserable until this semester ends. Health has been pretty shaky these days too. Also it's getting cold as hell here in Canada.

Business as usual if you ask me LOL :D

Getting cold, but fortunately I'm not too sick yet. I know what you're talking about, just going out at night to clubs or somewhat early in the morning and it's pretty cold. Luckily I spend most of my time indoors. And yet some of the geese are still here.

Poor guys...;_; I have to do a research paper.

Dang, good luck with that. Haven't done anything like that yet.

Top Bottom