• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Acid08

Banned
I meant too many in the sense that I doubt they'll maintain a standard in quality, if the third one doesn't already lose it.
I don't see why you'd assume they'll get worse. They're making money so I don't think budgets would be a problem.

84X

Banned
I don't see why you'd assume they'll get worse. They're making money so I don't think budgets would be a problem.

Very few movie trilogies manage to remain consistent in quality, and that should be easier than worrying about 5 movies that switch directors each time (though the director thing could be a style thing, so I can't say if that'll end up being good or bad).

Also many big budget movies are awful, so I wouldn't say a bigger budget will necessarily help them.

Very few movie trilogies manage to remain consistent in quality, and that should be easier than worrying about 5 movies that switch directors each time (though the director thing could be a style thing, so I can't say if that'll end up being good or bad).

Also many big budget movies are awful, so I wouldn't say a bigger budget will necessarily help them.

I thought the most common problem with trilogies is that the story is a mess by the time the third movie rolls around? Since all of these potential movies derive their story line from the same source, that shouldn't really be a problem.

I meant too many in the sense that I doubt they'll maintain a standard in quality, if the third one doesn't already lose it.

I sure hope it doesn't lose quality since the last couple of months are best part of Persona 3 imo. If you're talking about animation quality the first movie had a few moments, but nowhere near on par with the P4 anime.
Ultimately even with the switch of directors they should be fine, since they have a solid story to adapt and enough movies to do it in, without things being too rushed.

84X

Banned
I thought the most common problem with trilogies is that the story is a mess by the time the third movie rolls around? Since all of these potential movies derive their story line from the same source, that shouldn't really be a problem.

I actually considered this and you're right, but similar adaptions have still been screwed up in the past. I probably wasn't being totally fair with the comparison I made.

I sure hope it doesn't lose quality since the last couple of months are best part of Persona 3 imo. If you're talking about animation quality the first movie had a few moments, but nowhere near on par with the P4 anime.

I'm sure the animation quality will continue to be on the level it was, seeing how the budget is still good.

I'm referring more to how each movie is in general, if I was going to make a baseless guess I'd say the fourth movie will be boring filler/buildup (well there'd be one or two big scenes of course) while the fifth movie has the potential to be the best (or worst if they handle the end similar to P4Animation).

That's just my pessimism for the day, don't mind me too much.

Sophia

There is no way the quality dips below the first one. The first one did very well when you consider it only launched in a limited amount (26) of theaters.

WOW! The localisation team really dropped the ball on this one!

Koromaru clearly says "Arf! Arf!" but the subtitles say "Arf! Awoooo!"

Step it up Atlus!

I think I made this joke before somewhere

PK Gaming

PTmCmCf.gif

640.jpg

WOW! The localisation team really dropped the ball on this one!

Koromaru clearly says "Arf! Arf!" but the subtitles say "Arf! Awoooo!"

Step it up Atlus!

I think I made this joke before somewhere

I thought all the characters had dialogue that was different from the displayed text for the follow up attacks.

Also, I'm guessing that Rise and Fuuka have their own unique sub-personas for support?

Dantis

Getting pretty fucking hyped for Q at this point. Can't wait.

I really want the premium edition but £40 is too much more for me to pay for 4-track CD and a 3DS case.

I'm not made of money, NISA. :(

Sophia

Oh hey, if you were wondering what the actual 3DS case and cartridge would look like, here you go:

(mock-cartridge...doesn't work)

Is that code also a mocked code? :p

God I can't wait for this game. Of the trilogy of spinoffs, this was the one I had the most hype for.

Also, I'm guessing that Rise and Fuuka have their own unique sub-personas for support?

Yup. Each of them has different abilities they can use in battle at the cost of the bar on the right.

FluxWaveZ

First thing I thought of when I saw the pic. And, uh, I tried it.

Edit: Holy crap. I glossed at it for a hidden message, but I didn't even see that. Perfect.

Sophia

CH1-EB3S-7G1R-L4EVA

Oh John, you clever, clever bastard!

I didn't even notice it on the first pass :p

It took me a few tries before I figured it out.
And by that I mean I was actually considering entering it to see if it was mocked before I noticed the message...

Seems Flux was thinking the same.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
In the third movie, I want to see Minato walk into Wild Duck Burger and get pissed off because he is two minutes late for breakfast.

CH1-EB3S-7G1R-L4EVA

Oh John, you clever, clever bastard!

I didn't even notice it on the first pass :p

Simply genius. Also hyped as hell for this game. Gonna get to play as Both the P3 and P4 crew in an all new adventure, in which I know nothing of. As much as I want to watch the trailers, I'm staying away from those too, just to go in fresh. Just a couple more weeks guys :D

Top Bottom