• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Poor guys...;_; I have to do a research paper.

Winter-inbewtweensemesters-break cannot come any sooner goddamnit. Persona Q hype doesn't help time go by either, I'm trying to resist looking at all these previews, and footage of the game...

Yep. Told myself I'd get it done early, out of like 7 'assignments' I got 2 done so far lol.

Getting cold, but fortunately I'm not too sick yet. I know what you're talking about, just going out at night to clubs or somewhat early in the morning and it's pretty cold. Luckily I spend most of my time indoors. And yet some of the geese are still here.

Yeah I got myself sick last week because I chose to go out with the girlfriend on the coldest of nights. Well we both got sick, so at least she got a bit of that poison too, muahaha.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Dang, good luck with that. Haven't done anything like that yet.

1500 words. ;_;
edit: wrong uniform but still funny.

1467228_1712336285658905_2018711409491663982_n.jpg

Winter-inbewtweensemesters-break cannot come any sooner goddamnit. Persona Q hype doesn't help time go by either, I'm trying to resist looking at all these previews, and footage of the game...

Yeah I got myself sick last week because I chose to go out with the girlfriend on the coldest of nights. Well we both got sick, so at least she got a bit of that poison too, muahaha.

Hope things get better for you.

Do you have any sketchy nurses to visit for questionable medicine that raises your courage?

1500 words. ;_;
edit: wrong uniform but still funny.

Good luck. May I ask what topic it's on/what it's for?

Advertising and does it affects you. I'm gonna write about Black Friday. I'll name the essay, "Brack Friday Bunduru".

Oh ok. I personally never took anything related to business or psychology or society, sorry. Just Asian 6-pack (3 sciences 3 maths) in high school, music and english, and currently studying engineering. Wish you good luck though!

And I didn't get that reference, had to look that up. Don't really watch any TV shows, just play/watch video games. So the only jokes I get are related to the video games I play or my school work.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Oh ok. I personally never took anything related to business or psychology or society, sorry. Just Asian 6-pack (3 sciences 3 maths) in high school, music and english, and currently studying engineering. Wish you good luck though!

And I didn't get that reference, had to look that up. Don't really watch any TV shows, just play/watch video games. So the only jokes I get are related to the video games I play or my school work.

South Park is a blast. Check some shows out.

I was wondering about this, where will most of PGaf be when Persona Q drops? I know we are a no spoilers thread, but will you be doing discussions of the game here, or on the OT that will eventually drop around its release?

There'll be an OT.

But will everyone be there or here? When P4A dropped I feel like most just stayed and discussed the game here. I could be wrong.

I'm incredibly excited that I can join the PQ fun almost as the same time as most of you guys :).

I'm hoping to be able to put a few hours in, since it is exam season and all around that time. After that's over, I'll be playing it all throughout my break.

I'm incredibly excited that I can join the PQ fun almost as the same time as most of you guys :).

Meanwhile I'll be incredibly jealous since I don't plan on buying a 3DS anytime soon, plus there's exams around that time :( . You guys have fun.

There aren't really any multiplayer features are there?

I'm sure there's something clever to go with this...
I just can't think of it right now.

I feel I've seen a few things like this, I recall one for DAN. For example, with the &Knuckles part.

And a couple others, but you get the idea.

Also the 'Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry Series' Sticker appears a lot in these images.

Dalius

I just finished P3: The Journey for the first time last night. I started The Answer today, and got immediately destoryed in my first battle. I know that The Answer is on 'Hard' difficulty but man, I wasn't expecting such a jump from Normal. Any tips on how not to suck? I brought
Aigis, Metis, Yukari and Aki with me... convenient how everyone seemed to lose their abilities/level a few months after fighting Nyx :\

I feel bad for you guys who will be getting ready for finals when PQ releases. Makes me glad I'm finished with school.

Then I think about how fun paying my student loans are, and having a real job every day, and how much fun I had in college and then it makes me miss it a great deal.

I just finished P3: The Journey for the first time last night. I started The Answer today, and got immediately destoryed in my first battle. I know that The Answer is on 'Hard' difficulty but man, I wasn't expecting such a jump from Normal. Any tips on how not to suck? I brought
Aigis, Metis, Yukari and Aki with me... convenient how everyone seemed to lose their abilities/level a few months after fighting Nyx :\

I'm pretty sure Ken is best equipped to handle the first dungeon. I remember a large number of the shadows being weak to light.
Also, yes. Being locked on hard doesn't improve it by any means.

I feel bad for you guys who will be getting ready for finals when PQ releases. Makes me glad I'm finished with school.

Then I think about how fun paying my student loans are, and having a real job every day, and how much fun I had in college and then it makes me miss it a great deal.

Just 2 more years... If everything goes smoothly lol. Then I'll be on that loan payoff grind too.

Kanra

Getting Persona Q and Smash within a week...it's so hard to restrain myself to not buy any other games when I also want that new Hatsune Miku and Tales of Hearts R.

Levito

Banned
Hey folks, after a month long break the podcast is back. Next episode is about the portrayal of love in Persona. (also comparing and contrasting with other games)

(Click image for questions post)

NichM

Banned
Oh wow, good topic. (And good header image; I've always thought that Social Links are a clear descendent, intentionally or no, of the Bioware/Black Isle companion relationship progressions.) Looking forward to this one.

arue

There will be Thanksgiving break two days after PQ releases, so I'll be able to play during that time. I doubt I could finish the game within that time period though.

Edit:
Hey folks, after a month long break the podcast is back. Next episode is about the portrayal of love in Persona. (also comparing and contrasting with other games)

Interesting... I look forward to this one!

Mobile Suit Gooch

I would ask a question but I don't really have a good one.
(It'll probably be ignored.)

EDIT: It might be a interesting question..

headofbowl

Neo Member
I bought three more packs of Persona cards. A quarter of the cards I got in the packs were Naoto, and that includes a regular shiny and the Arena autograph card.

That's pretty cool, I think Naoto, may have the most character cards. I've got 5 different variations not including the common uncommon variations (and I have at least one duplicate of each variation except for the signed one). I think Liz, Yu and Margaret are the hardest rare characters to get because there are so few variations (Aigis only has one, but I've got two of her rare, so probably not that difficult to get :p).

Speaking of Bioware, it's neat how they cited P4 as a solid example of relationships in gaming.

Thanks for linking that article PK, that was a really interesting read regardless of one's interest in Inquisition. Not sure if Bioware will accomplish everything they're setting out to do, but they do raise some good points about the positives and negatives of relationships in gaming now.

Levito

Banned
Oh wow, good topic. (And good header image; I've always thought that Social Links are a clear descendent, intentionally or no, of the Bioware/Black Isle companion relationship progressions.) Looking forward to this one.

Interestingly enough, the whole idea for the topic came from one of the panelists just playing through Baldur's Gate!

BG2 is still one of my fav RPGs ever, need to replay it again.

Kanra

From what I've heard, isnt the DS version better?
Not sure, I haven't played the DS version, but I think I might have heard that too. Which is weird because the vita should be the better version since it has voice acting, better graphics, and so on.

LX_Theo

Banned
Interestingly enough, the whole idea for the topic came from one of the panelists just playing through Baldur's Gate!

BG2 is still one of my fav RPGs ever, need to replay it again.
Never actually played Balder's Gate or BG2.

A bit off-topic, so I'll try to keep this brief, but... As a fan of most every Bioware game from KOTOR onwards, would you say BG would be up my alley at all? I'm curious if I should make a real effort to play the games.

headofbowl

Neo Member
Never actually played Balder's Gate or BG2.

A bit off-topic, so I'll try to keep this brief, but... As a fan of most every Bioware game from KOTOR onwards, would you say BG would be up my alley at all? I'm curious if I should make a real effort to play the games.

I haven't played KOTOR, but if you liked pretty much everything from there on Baldur's gate 1 & 2 should be right up your alley. Dragon age was built up as a spiritual successor, but it didn't really go that way... more like an intermediate between that and Mass effect (dragon age 2 being even closer to mass effect). I would compare jumping from, for example, dragon age, is like Persona 3 to portable. The content is fantastic, but graphically limited (although the background renders are great) and relies heavily on text. Hope that helps!

LX_Theo

Banned
I haven't played KOTOR, but if you liked pretty much everything from there on Baldur's gate 1 & 2 should be right up your alley. Dragon age was built up as a spiritual successor, but it didn't really go that way... more like an intermediate between that and Mass effect (dragon age 2 being even closer to mass effect). I would compare jumping from, for example, dragon age, is like Persona 3 to portable. The content is fantastic, but graphically limited (although the background renders are great) and relies heavily on text. Hope that helps!
Thanks. Aged aesthetics for games I'm approaching when they seemed age do put me off, so that might be a decision point for me. Given I even really like Dragon Age 2, though, I could imagine loving it.

Top Bottom