• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

I just turned on avatars and it's like my world has changed

Thanks for linking that article PK, that was a really interesting read regardless of one's interest in Inquisition. Not sure if Bioware will accomplish everything they're setting out to do, but they do raise some good points about the positives and negatives of relationships in gaming now.

May someone link me please? I did a search on this thread and all I found was a thread on bioware forums about tali's sweat

EDIT: I'm hesitant to ask but... how so?

Just stronger attachments to headcanon. Like if there's a plothole people will come up with their own explanations. And since the story just ended, there's a large contingency of people wanting to disregard it.

Wait, does that mean you couldn't see your own avatars DER?

Yeah I turned them off because a lot of people were getting Dangan Ronpa 2 avatars and I didn't finish the game yet.
I pretty much forgot that I had the blue face IFC Yipes avatar 5 minutes after changing it.

First time posting here in months. Let me guess, no P5 news since the PS4 announcement?

It seems that we're in Persona Q pre-release mode.

It's going to be odd once it's over since we've had Japanese and English trailers for Persona Q and Ultimax coming constantly for a while now.

Having no Persona media coming out is going to be strange.

Hopefully this post jinxes it and we now start getting DAN/5 media coverage

MSMrRound

B2JTjLXCcAAnJ7P.jpg:large

That's right DAN should be next. Maybe we'll start stuff on that. To be quite honest I'm curious about it but not as hyped as I was for PQ.

Same, I don't really want to play the game that much and would be fine just watching someone play it. I personally am curious to see the justification for dancing as opposed to fighting shadows directly like in P4. I also kind of want to see everyone's dance moves, but then I'm not even sure who to expect in the game.

Also MSMR, that's a lot of games in the background. This the place you work at? It's cool that they let you have Teddie there with that mask, I guess he's kind of like a mascot?

Meia

Great idea for the next podcast. Ya know, eventually even in Mass Effect in 3 the game was smart enough to realize who you weren't paired up with, so they started pairing up themselves in some situations(
Garrus x Tali OTP :p
), makes me wonder if they'd ever bother doing that in a Persona if they continue with the idea.

Playing the hell out of Mass Effect, you can really see some Persona comparisons with some things. Garrus is totally a Magician in terms of relationship to Shepard, for example.

Great idea for the next podcast. Ya know, eventually even in Mass Effect in 3 the game was smart enough to realize who you weren't paired up with, so they started pairing up themselves in some situations(
), makes me wonder if they'd ever bother doing that in a Persona if they continue with the idea.

Except for that time
they had the only black squadmate hook up with another woman, no matter what.
Regardless, I think it's a good idea to try in other games. Even if none of the Persona games import saves, they could just as easily have a choice in the current game determine a past character's choices. (e.g. Yu calling to someone off screen, then getting to choose who responds)

I salute you.

Tamanon

Banned
Persona 5.

They have enough out there on P4D to coast for a bit, but P5 they need to show SOMETHING in engine eventually, right?

I mean, I can't wait until we analyze a screenshot, trying to spot what's held over and what isn't.

Like I won't be surprised if the calendar is gone.

Dantis

I think P4D is still in the super early stages, based on my over-analysis of the new trailer next to the old one. I think Hashino and co will be much further on in the development of P5.

Meia

Yep, definitely see us getting more P5 info before P4D info. I do wonder how informative the trailers are going to wind up being, or if they're mostly going to be in the style of the first real trailer we got...

Hey I'd be all for it, like I said, P4D sounds interesting on paper to me, and I'm curious to see how they make the plot work, but I am honestly not much of a rhythm games fan. I'd be pretty happy with seeing a bit more of P5, a snippet of gameplay, or just a screenshot just to see what the game actually looks like.

arue

Which do we hear about again first, Persona 4: Dancing or Persona 5?

I'd say Persona 5. Maybe they will slowly build the hype for P5 and suddenly announce P4D release date, like they did with DS2:BR. P5 will still be advertised, but P4D will take the spotlight for a while until it's released.

It sounds silly, but I won't be surprised if this happens.

Sophia

I am split between uncontrollable amounts of squeeing over the contents of that image, and wanting to critique the face a bit. It looks like she's wearing glasses, but they look... off? Also what Dantis said too.

Meia

Now that Bloodborne has been delayed; think Persona 5 will take that February spot?

I would be utterly shocked to see P5 anytime before E3, to be frank. We don't know when in 2015 it'll be, but yeah...

Of course, this is also the JPN version, so fingers crossed we see P5 in english in 2015. :p

Please no. Those 2 months are so crammed right now! The Witcher, MGS, the Order, FF Type-0/FF XV demo and Bloodborne? Like damnit, I don't have the time or money for all these must buys, you add persona 5 in there and I'll have to quit real life in order to be able to manage LOL.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
I would be utterly shocked to see P5 anytime before E3, to be frank. We don't know when in 2015 it'll be, but yeah...

Of course, this is also the JPN version, so fingers crossed we see P5 in english in 2015. :p
It'll please me greatly,

Please no. Those 2 months are so crammed right now! The Witcher, MGS, the Order, FF Type-0/FF XV demo and Bloodborne? Like damnit, I don't have the time or money for all these must buys, you add persona 5 in there and I'll have to quit real life in order to be able to manage LOL.

"games2Many4me"

Top Bottom