• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

FluxWaveZ

To me, the oddest thing about P4D's situation isn't so much the change in development staff or that we've barely heard about it since its announcement, but the fact that they actually bothered to hide its reveal trailer. They took off Dingo's name from the official site too... Something definitely crazy must have happened behind the scenes, even if the official word is that Atlus is still co-operating with Dingo, but P Studio's mainly handling it now.

Hoping everything will be smooth from here on out, as P4D and P5's potential development stumbles might have been due to all of the Sega acquisition and Index split stuff that happened recently.

It's pretty disappointing, considering I was assuming I'd already have an import copy right now, and be crushing everyone's scores. I've never played a rhythm game before, but I'm sure I'm going to be the best player ever.

I'll be the best Persona 4: Dancing All Night player on NeoGAF.

So I got some cards! I assume the starter pack is the same every time so these are the ones you get in that.

Only thing is, I'm not fussed about playing the game with them, I just want to collect them, and as such I now have a few doubles, the green number indicates how many SPARES I have of each card.

Let me know if you want any. Or if you want a better, close up picture of any particular card.

ELdgpiFl.jpg
qpv8EHDl.jpg
J3dzdoV.jpg

Setsu00

Well, didn't Dingo have massive trouble with completing the Love Live games? The games were delayed twice and eventually came out on August 28, 2014. Hashino mentioned in the Persona magazine that the groundwork (I assume that he was referring to the game's engine) was already done and that they were now working on getting actual content ready. In May 2013 (at this point, they should have been working on DAN already), Dingo had only 53 employees according to Wikipedia. These 53 employees had to develop at least four games at the same time (the three Love Live games + DAN). Dingo probably had no time to work on Dancing All Night since they had to get Love Live out first since it was already announced, so the project probably came to a standstill. At least, that's what I think what happened.

Anyway, I'm glad they didn't show more of Dingo's version of DAN, especially if it diverged a lot from the final game.
I'm still kinda salty that FFXV had to reduce the amount of playable characters in order to get the battle system working.

84X

Banned
Did any of the small glimpses of gameplay show touch screen controls for DAN? The game will be much better if we don't have to deal with that crap (during the rhythm game).

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Question: when you cast fire spells in Persona/SMT, in your head do you pronounce it "ah-gi" or "ah-jee" (or something different?)

Asking because I realized I have to say it out loud for the first time in a video :\

Related:
lVBJRk7.gif

Ah-gi, zee-oh, boo-foo, gah-roo.

Those ones are easy, it's the mudo and hama skillset that ti don't know how to pronounce.

Moo-do-on? Moo-doon? Muh-doon?
Ham-ay-on? Ham-own? Hah-ma-on?

Xenoflare

Ah-gi, zee-oh, boo-foo, gah-roo.

Those ones are easy, it's the mudo and hama skillset that ti don't know how to pronounce.

Moo-do-on? Moo-doon? Muh-doon?
Ham-ay-on? Ham-own? Hah-ma-on?

IIRC Naoto pronounce Hamaon and Mudoon in P4A.

They sounded like Ha-mon and Moo-don

Tamanon

Banned
So, judging by that pronunciation, Michael Jackson had Holy affinity after all.

Hamaon....

Thank you, good night! Please remember to tip your waiters.

FluxWaveZ

The official PlayStation website, for banner reference.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a North American version of the recent Persona 5 trailer, along with a PS4 release confirmation as well as a re-affirmation of the release date (i.e. 2015), and/or a North American version of the recent P4D trailer.

Edit: It's also possible that Atlus' name is there simply for Citizens of Earth, however.

arue

I wouldn't be surprised to see a North American version of the recent Persona 5 trailer, along with a PS4 release confirmation as well as a re-affirmation of the release date (i.e. 2015), and/or a North American version of the recent P4D trailer.

Edit: It's also possible that Atlus' name is there simply for Citizens of Earth, however.
I was so hype when I saw the banner on twitter, but my hype plummeted after I read this.

I still believe in P4D and P5 to make an appearance though, especially after that Playstation video posted earlier. I might be too optimistic here, but I'm sure there will be something besides Citizens of Earth.

I'm expected just Citizens of Earth, but I'm kinda doubtful about this Playstation Experience in general. I'm not sure if it'll be good or not, but I get the feeling they're going to focus on games I'm not interested in. North American versions of the latest Persona trailers seems likely too.

Top Bottom