• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Dantis

A video of Persona and dancing that makes me want to gouge my eyes out more than the actual P4D trailers. Impressive.

Much like my preponderance in fighting games, I actually do have rhythm when it comes to games, a factor that will lead to my superior ranking in P4D.

You've played rhythm games before?

That was about the Atlus logo being at the Playstation Experience event :p I only saw the video after and noticed how off base my comment would seem, so I posted about it shortly after aha.

Oh! That makes more sense, though it is also less amusing.

Imagine if Persona 5 pulled an FF XV, no playable female characters. Would the internet crash and burn?

You mean vanilla P3? :p

Lol It'll be like Nsync but with Persona.

Strange. My face suddenly scrunched up in disgust.

EDIT: Alright, I caved. TBH, being an actual best girl poll is better than a best wiafu poll.
So yeah. No war needed here.
Still kinda sad to see Chidori so low.

Sophia

Chie is fucking Garbage, and having Yukari above Elizabeth makes me want to burn everyone's dreads.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa~! No bringing actual legit waifu wars into the thread. You might hurt somebody with the sudden influx of such anime. It'd be overwhelming! >_>

I made it too obvious, huh? :p

That, and I was referring to the general rankings themselves. But yeah....

FluxWaveZ

You've played rhythm games before?

Here and there, but not that many. I tend to excel at them if I want to and put my mind to it, though (which I can do in most games). I bought the Vita version of Project Diva F about two weeks ago just so I could train for P4D.

I WILL BEAT YOU ON LUMINIES ONE OF THESE DAYS I TELL YOU. O_O

Ha, I think the current score I have in that I got from playing on public transit, so perhaps. Forgot about Lumines; it's a fun game I should go back to sometime.

Overall, I'm fine with this.

Chie is fucking Garbage, and having Yukari above Elizabeth makes me want to burn everyone's dreads.

It's already happening!

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-o.gif

FluxWaveZ

Persona 4 Ultimax arcade update

THERE IS A GOD

B2XuEpxCAAAoyLX.jpg

Naniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii?

Well, just from that image, we can tell that there's now most likely a visual indicator for when Shadow Frenzy is active/inactive. That or Shadows are being given some kind of Burst of their own, but that's real doubtful.

Famitsu link

It seems like the balance patch is hitting arcades on January

Yeah, and there's going to be a loketest for it next week. Looking forward to hearing about it.

Edit: Also, here's the actual Famitsu link, heh.

84X

Banned
Famitsu link

It seems like the balance patch is hitting arcades on January

So this is an actual balance patch and not just adding the console characters to the arcade version?
Should it be assumed the console version will receive a patch too?

It's not really stealing from reddit if it is on IGN. :p

I wanted John to do the unboxing. ;p

Yes, John would be preferred or at least someone who knows the dog's name.

FluxWaveZ

So this is an actual balance patch and not just adding the console characters to the arcade version?
Should it be assumed the console version will receive a patch too?

Yes and yes. Who knows when the console version will get the update, though.

So I know a lot of you guys like Danganronpa though I never played it...

Did you see the edited Persona Q opening with it (that contains spoilers)? Must take a lot of time, effort and dedication to do something like that, and people who played it would probably appreciate it alot more than me. As I have never played it, I don't know if there are any spoilers in the opening, nor do I know who any of the characters are.

Also balance patch could be interesting. Maybe like Flux guessed, there will be some sort of buff or change to shadow characters, given by the purple burst? Maybe some special burst while in frenzy, idk. Or maybe they just made it look different.

I hope they buff Junpei significantly. Just about anything would make a huge difference; even if it were just a damage buff or the ability to use Clean Hits outside of Victory Cry. I'd like to be able to fight my opponents on equal footing with my favourite character and not have to overcome an inherent handicap.

LX_Theo

Banned
So I know a lot of you guys like Danganronpa though I never played it...

Did you see the edited Persona Q opening with it? Must take a lot of time, effort and dedication to do something like that.

Also balance patch could be interesting. Maybe like Flux guessed, there will be some sort of buff or change to shadow characters, given by the purple burst? Maybe some special burst while in frenzy, idk. Or maybe they just made it look different.

Warning, contains many spoilers of major and minor varieties for both Danagnronpa games

Great video, though. My avatar is from it. :p

FluxWaveZ

Did you see the edited Persona Q opening with it? Must take a lot of time, effort and dedication to do something like that, and people who played it would probably appreciate it alot more than me. As I have never played it, I don't know if there are any spoilers in the opening, nor do I know who any of the characters are.

Do not watch this if you're avoiding Danganronpa spoilers.

Also, that Famitsu article for the P4AU update specifically refers to Shadow changes, so it seems that some aspect of them has been overhauled. That's pretty exciting.

PK Gaming

Well, just from that image, we can tell that there's now most likely a visual indicator for when Shadow Frenzy is active/inactive. That or Shadows are being given some kind of Burst of their own, but that's real doubtful.

Yeah, and there's going to be a loketest for it next week. Looking forward to hearing about it.

Is it worth doubting? I don't think they would tease it if it were just a visual indicator, and Shadow Ken's burst bar looks full to me. I think it's a new gameplay mechanic.

Edit: Also, here's the actual Famitsu link, heh.

Whoopsy oopsy!

FluxWaveZ

Is it worth doubting? I don't think they would tease it if it were just a visual indicator, and Shadow Ken's burst bar looks full to me. I think it's a new gameplay mechanic.

Now I'm thinking it might be a new gameplay mechanic, but I'm not too sure that it's really just a normal kind of Burst, especially since I don't really think the Shadows need it and since that input is already taken by Shadow Frenzy.

Sorry, edited original to state that. Hope nobody got spoiled :(

Probably should have thought about that beforehand given that I don't even know who any of the characters are, what the setting is, what the characters' goal is, etc. though I do know it's kind of like a visual novel. For all I know, within the first 10 seconds of the video it could have revealed something really important, like the identity of the culprit(s)/reason behind the deaths in P4 or something like that.

Did you see the edited Persona Q opening with it (that contains spoilers)? Must take a lot of time, effort and dedication to do something like that, and people who played it would probably appreciate it alot more than me. As I have never played it, I don't know if there are any spoilers in the opening, nor do I know who any of the characters are.
Finally someone uploaded it to YouTube! Yooo that was pretty awesome.
Even if it didn't have Nagito

someone make me a Sonia avatar
since Ishimaru looks kinda weird in some shots

Top Bottom