• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

I think P5 will release between May and August in Japan. September/October in the West.

Doesn't Atlus' anniversary year end around April 2015? If so, I'd expect them to try and aim for that time-frame, at least in Japan, as a way of rounding out the celebration. If it's not a worldwide release, then I expect US/EU sometime in late summer or fall 2015.

FluxWaveZ

I'm thinking between June and August 2015 for a Japanese release. I think a concerted effort for an NA/JPN simultaneous launch would be the best case scenario for both the fans and the publishers, but that's most likely not going to happen. I do think NA will get the game in 2015, however.

The possibility of P4D launching after P5 is an interesting one raised on the previous page, but I'd be really surprised if that were to happen. Relatedly, I thought that there might be some media unveilings concerning those games soon for the 25th anniversary of Atlus on November 24th that P Studio liked to talk about in 2013 and early 2014, but it doesn't seem like that'll be a thing, at least anymore.

I'm thinking between June and August 2015 for a Japanese release. I think a concerted effort for an NA/JPN simultaneous launch would be the best case scenario for both the fans and the publishers, but that's most likely not going to happen. I do think NA will get the game in 2015, however.

The possibility of P4D launching after P5 is an interesting one raised on the previous page, but I'd be really surprised if that were to happen. Relatedly, I thought that there might be some media unveilings concerning those games soon for the 25th anniversary of Atlus on November 24th that P Studio liked to talk about in 2013 and early 2014, but it doesn't seem like that'll be a thing, at least anymore.

I was thinking about this too. Do you think there's still a chance of any media being released for either game later this month? A trailer might be a bit much, but what about a magazine spread for P4D, even if it just gives a tiny bit more detail on the stuff we already know? For example, a spread featuring artwork for Yosuke, Chie, and Kanji, with maybe a tiny blurb about what kind of dancing they'll do.

FluxWaveZ

I was thinking about this too. Do you think there's still a chance of any media being released for either game later this month? A trailer might be a bit much, but what about a magazine spread for P4D, even if it just gives a tiny bit more detail on the stuff we already know? For example, a spread featuring artwork for Yosuke, Chie, and Kanji, with maybe a tiny blurb about what kind of dancing they'll do.

The next Persona Magazine after the #September issue was apparently set to release this fall, and there's not much they'd be able to cover in it other than maybe some P3M #3 stuff, just a little bit more about P4GA (especially with the new upcoming episode), the P4A stage show and the Tokyopolis Persona collab. I guess that's where there could be real basic P4D info related to the recent trailer, but I kinda doubt that there's going to be a new issue in 2014 now.

For any new Persona game news, I was thinking it was either something for their anniversary or for one last 2014 issue of PM, but it doesn't seem like either are happening right now. Episode 10 of Persona Stalker Club later this month also won't be having anything new.

Dantis

Doesn't Atlus' anniversary year end around April 2015? If so, I'd expect them to try and aim for that time-frame, at least in Japan, as a way of rounding out the celebration. If it's not a worldwide release, then I expect US/EU sometime in late summer or fall 2015.

I'm personally inclined to say that this won't affect the release date. I think they'll base the release on when the content is done and polished, rather than an arbitrary date.

I think P4D will be shown after P5, but release before P5.

How was p4AU? Seems the game just came and went.

Sold less than Arena, but I think it's (arguably) a better game.

Most people seem pretty down on the story, mostly because it's terrible.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I am split between uncontrollable amounts of squeeing over the contents of that image, and wanting to critique the face a bit. It looks like she's wearing glasses, but they look... off? Also what Dantis said too.

I thought it looked like she was leaning forward with her pelvic region.

And yes, she's wearing goggles for some reason. :p

How was p4AU? Seems the game just came and went.

Oh, it's a perfectly good GAME. It's just that the story was unfulfilling drivel that belonged in an episode of YuGiOh and the characters were largely reduced to stale caricatures of themselves.
The DLC story was good, though.

The next Persona Magazine after the #September issue was apparently set to release this fall, and there's not much they'd be able to cover in it other than maybe some P3M #3 stuff, just a little bit more about P4GA (especially with the new upcoming episode), the P4A stage show and the Tokyopolis Persona collab. I guess that's where there could be real basic P4D info related to the recent trailer, but I kinda doubt that there's going to be a new issue in 2014 now.

For any new Persona game news, I was thinking it was either something for their anniversary or for one last 2014 issue of PM, but it doesn't seem like either are happening right now. Episode 10 of Persona Stalker Club later this month also won't be having anything new.

Makes sense. If anything new does happen before the end of the year, great! Much safer and more realistic to expect nothing though, and just enjoy PQ/other things.

EDIT:
Dantis said:
Sold less than Arena, but I think it's (arguably) a better game.

Most people seem pretty down on the story, mostly because it's terrible.

I'd agree with you there, Ultimax is a better game (ignoring the story mode) than the first Arena. I'm happy I own it, but I kinda doubt I'm going to play it again now that the novelty of a Persona fighting game has worn off. I usually don't play fighting games, so this is definitely a return to normal. Same thing happened with Dissidia, if any of you guys played that. Played the first one to death for the fanservice, despite its flaws. When the much better second one came around though, I respected what the game was, but didn't really play it that much because I don't like fighters.

Dantis

Compare the width of her stomach and her arms to one of my pictures of ol' Naoto-kun:

tumblr_nefqizNhwv1s602ggo1_1280.png

Also, what word would you use, Chet?

Just looked at it again. I didn't notice she had her arms behind her back.

EDIT: Huh. Just noticed I'm not a junior member anymore. Wonder when that happened?

Tamanon

Banned
Now this is something I can #BELIEVE in~

I am preparing myself for Ultimate Despair

The hashtag makes me think of what obnoxious social network trappings they hopefully won't put in P5.

Attacks being hashtags.

#Zio

#GodHand

Status effect updates - when a character is poisoned a tweet comes up talking about them not feeling very well with a few emojis.

Dantis

It's kind of weird when you think that Dancing All Night was announced nearly a full year ago, and the only new thing we've actually seen are Yosuke's, Chie's and Kanji's designs.

It's pretty disappointing, considering I was assuming I'd already have an import copy right now, and be crushing everyone's scores. I've never played a rhythm game before, but I'm sure I'm going to be the best player ever.

I think the things I'd like to see the most at this point are the remaining playable roster (assuming what we've seen already isn't the final roster) and some actual frigging gameplay. I just want a video of a full song, uncut, no voiceover, so we can see how the game actually plays.

It's kind of weird when you think that Dancing All Night was announced nearly a full year ago, and the only new thing we've actually seen are Yosuke's, Chie's and Kanji's designs.

Considering that it appears Dingo's game was scrapped for something in-house, I'm not surprised we haven't seen anything. We have no idea if they are starting again from scratch or what.

Dantis

Considering that it appears Dingo's game was scrapped for something in-house, I'm not surprised we haven't seen anything. We have no idea if they are starting again from scratch or what.

Based on the new trailer, I think it's safe to say they've largely started from scratch, yeah.

Shame we didn't see more of Dingo's game before they killed it. Would have made for an interesting comparison.

I would assume that they killed it because it was shiiiiiiiiiiiit.

If that the initial date for it was some-what accurate, I assume that they would have dropped it long before, if it was shit.

Truth is there are several reasons that could have caused it and we will probably never know.

Top Bottom