• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

what if Yosuke just disappeared halfway through the game and never came back

a bold new direction
P4MC would suicide
I'm just saying, what if one September school day you came in and this guy greeted you:

YskgFb6.png
honestly I like this haircut more than the normal one

Setsu00

Hey guys, I've a question. Do we now if the tarot cards for Persona Q are limited to the "duh" Limited Edition? Or do they also come as a pre order bonus?

If you live in Europe, you're lucky. The cards are preorder bonus for the normal edition. I have no idea about NA, though.

If you live in Europe, you're lucky. The cards are preorder bonus for the normal edition. I have no idea about NA, though.

The early gotten copy some chump's trying to sell on Ebay appears to be wrapped in the same way Ultimax was. It also says it includes the tarot cards at the bottom.

LX_Theo

Banned
I mean is there any way to legally punish shops who actively break the street date?

Refuse to sell your games to that retailer again? I suppose it depends on the wording of their contract with the retailer. There are probably ways they can act on it through that, but the details of what store actually sold it are rarely made well known enough to act on it. Especially if they can't prove it was that retailer.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Is there anything you can do about early copies in the U.S.? I've been wondering about that for a while now.

Can't really unring that bell. I'd like to think that even if a non-fan got their hand on a title, they wouldn't be dicks and upload spoilers to YT, etc.

From a business standpoint, I'm not sure. Maybe a store mgr would be fired or something, but that doesn't make anyone happy.

People selling broken street date copies on eBay is downright scum of the earth shit though. But I'm sure somewhere, some Persona fan is going to buy it for whatever premium, and it'll make them happy, and that in turn is what we're all after at the end of the day, right? It's a weird situation to be in.

And to others asking, yes. Both the premium and limited standard edition come with tarot cards. Idk when the limited standard will run oight, but I'm pretty sure our entire first run is already spoken for, judging by how many (next to nothing PR copies I had access to.

I'm just saying, what if one September school day you came in and this guy greeted you:

YskgFb6.png

aaaagh

(yes, I wanted an excuse to draw that)

But anyway, it's probably unavoidable, but it'd be nice to see a P5 that isn't made with brand identity super in mind and is free to do what is best for itself and let the merchandising come after. But I probably wouldn't know the difference anyway.

Well, in the manga we have this:

tumblr_m2cv9z8sDl1qgio9ro1_500.jpg

Looks better than his actual haircut imo. lol

FluxWaveZ

Of all people, Shadow Labrys has a unique win quote vs. Margaret in P4AU, and vice-versa. Wonder what their process was to decide which MUs would have them.

PK Gaming

Of all people, Shadow Labrys has a unique win quote vs. Margaret in P4AU, and vice-versa. Wonder what their process was to decide which MUs would have them.

What do they say to each other?

Speaking of win quotes, Yosuke doesn't have one against [Redacted]. He doesn't even have a pre-battle quote or in-battle quotes either.

FluxWaveZ

Huh. Is it because she's the only real shadow in the game?

Maybe, though I don't know if she has one with any other Shadow. She at least has an in-battle intro quote unique to Shadows. Shadow Labrys still seems like an odd one to single out.

What do they say to each other?

Speaking of win quotes, Yosuke doesn't have one against [Redacted]. He doesn't even have a pre-battle quote or in-battle quotes either.

Shadow Labrys vs. Margaret:
...You look so composed, but you've gotta be pissed on the inside, don'tcha? You sure took your time coming out, and you still lost! Ahahahaha!

Margaret vs. Shadow Labrys:
I sense your impulse for destruction... Perhaps it is something sleeping within everyone's hearts.

Relatedly, [Redacted] has something unique for every member of the Investigation Team except for Yukiko and Teddie. More of the unique dialogue would be welcome in a P4A3; I still think the game should have BB style, match-up specific intro/outro animations.

Edit: And something I've been thinking about: there's nothing quite wrong with Shadow Yukiko in terms of personality. What she wants is to "walk her own path" and she also really wants a boyfriend. She talks about burning stuff, sure, but normal Yukiko's pretty into that, too.

NichM

Banned
Edit: And something I've been thinking about: there's nothing quite wrong with Shadow Yukiko in terms of personality. What she wants is to "walk her own path" and she also really wants a boyfriend. She talks about burning stuff, sure, but normal Yukiko's pretty into that, too.

"Wanting a boyfriend" is not quite what Shadow Yukiko is about. She wants a prince, someone to lean on and do all the heavy lifting in her life so she doesn't have to deal with her problems. It's the classic childish fantasy of "I'm secretly a princess, and someday my real parents will come for me and take me to a better life," with "my prince" substituted for the parents. She wants to be independent, but not to put in the work of achieving it--she just wants it handed it to her.

FluxWaveZ

"Wanting a boyfriend" is not quite what Shadow Yukiko is about. She wants a prince, someone to lean on and do all the heavy lifting in her life so she doesn't have to deal with her problems. It's the classic childish fantasy of "I'm secretly a princess, and someday my real parents will come for me and take me to a better life," with "my prince" substituted for the parents. She wants to be independent, but not to put in the work of achieving it--she just wants it handed it to her.

Ah! I was mostly being facetious, but an elaboration on her character's nice. I did actually ignore the aspect of her personality concerning her desire for freedom, but from someone else granting it for her instead of seeking it by her own volition.

Yellow_Magic

Neo Member
Just started playing Persona 4 Arena (yes the first one - I'm in the UK and I couldn't be bothered earlier) and what the F.C.U.K is up with Labrys' accent. Is that Brooklyn I hear??

That and the whole spitting on her family's inn's reputation as "a bunch of bullshit."

FluxWaveZ

That and the whole spitting on her family's inn's reputation as "a bunch of bullshit."

That was in P4, though I guess P4AU Shadow Yukiko probably still has the same opinion (since all of the P4 Shadows are pretty much the same, except for Shadow Naoto ditching the whiny kid facet of her personality). Wish they had a bigger presence in the story (even if they're "fake"), and had more scenes of character development like Shadow Aigis had. Wish the context of the story also gave way to Shadows interacting with each other.

Still, at least their different personalities are conveyed through fights. And it's a fantastic touch that Shadow Labrys and "Shadow" Labrys have different dialogue.

84X

Banned
I haven't bothered finishing P4AU's story yet, but all my hopes, dreams, and (wishful) expectations were crushed when
Shadow Yu was defeated in the first 10 or so minutes.

That was in P4, though I guess P4AU Shadow Yukiko probably still has the same opinion (since all of the P4 Shadows are pretty much the same, except for Shadow Naoto ditching the whiny kid facet of her personality). Wish they had a bigger presence in the story (even if they're "fake"), and had more scenes of character development like Shadow Aigis had. Wish the context of the story also gave way to Shadows interacting with each other.

Still, at least their different personalities are conveyed through fights. And it's a fantastic touch that Shadow Labrys and "Shadow" Labrys have different dialogue.

Oh that. I honestly don't count them, considering they're not their repressed emotions made flesh, but just evil versions of their hosts. Except Shadow Kanji, I guess, but he was a popular one.

Sophia

Just started playing Persona 4 Arena (yes the first one - I'm in the UK and I couldn't be bothered earlier) and what the F.C.U.K is up with Labrys' accent. Is that Brooklyn I hear??

Hey! Don't be talkin smack about her accent around these parts, or I'll be puttin da kibosh on it. :p

Dantis

I dunno, Aigis's storyline throughout P3 and the answer was alot more fleshed out and elaborate than the rest of the cast.

With Adachi, we got his backstory in P4GA episode 6, his actions in P4, and in Ultimax, him playing the anti hero and trying to set things right for his past mistakes. Oh and his bond with Dojima (Episode Adachi)

I actually thought you were gonna seriously say Naoto. :p

I would sincerely say that I feel Naoto is more developed than Adachi, if that means anything. :p

I still haven't played Ultimax's story mode, but I'd be surprised if it offered any real development, and P4GA's 'development' drastically alters the character and his motivations. It's not further development as much as alternative development.

I BEAT PERSONA 4 GOLDEN

Thoughts:

I was spoiled on pretty much everything before hand, so I can't really talk about the plot, but the thing that comes to mind is-

Couldn't they have implemented the touchscreen better? I remember when I first started that I kept tapping the screen to advance text when it didn't work like that.

Touchscreen Shuffle Time would have worked too...

But I guess it was hard to recode everything or something?

Dantis

I BEAT PERSONA 4 GOLDEN

Thoughts:

I was spoiled on pretty much everything before hand, so I can't really talk about the plot, but the thing that comes to mind is-

Couldn't they have implemented the touchscreen better? I remember when I first started that I kept tapping the screen to advance text when it didn't work like that.

Touchscreen Shuffle Time would have worked too...

But I guess it was hard to recode everything or something?

That is a very unusual complaint. Literally can't say I've ever heard it before.

Did you enjoy the game? Who was your favourite character? Least favourite?

Sophia

Lots of games actually do the "tap touchscreen to advanced dialogue" thing. Ys: Memories of Celceta does it off the top of my head, and I actually was able to make Persona 3 Portable do it too.

Dantis

Lots of games actually do the "tap touchscreen to advanced dialogue" thing. Ys: Memories of Celceta does it off the top of my head, and I actually was able to make Persona 3 Portable do it too.

I meant in regards to P4G. Never heard anyone complain about the lack of touch controls.

Sophia

I meant in regards to P4G. Never heard anyone complain about the lack of touch controls.

I've heard it before, and it's an honest (if minor) complaint seeing how many other games use it for that functionality.

I legitimately love Labrys's accent, sucks to be you guys :p

Japanese or English, Labrys's accent is very endearing. Especially because it's not meant to be a direct application of the accent, but one where they altered aspects of it to make her more youthful.

Dantis

I actually don't mind Labrys' voice in the VN sections, though I find her a bit annoying in battle.

It's her design that I dislike, mostly.

I just realized that Kanji's dropkick attack is based off of the thing where he endures a mortal blow for you.

Also do Akihiko and Yu have any special dialogue?

That is a very unusual complaint. Literally can't say I've ever heard it before.

Did you enjoy the game? Who was your favourite character? Least favourite?

Yes, definitely. (It kinda says something when I still haven't beat P3P despite having it for over a year, and I beat P4G in a couple of months. I like it but I guess I just got stuck someplace...)

Favorite Character: I still can't pick, but I've gained a better understanding of Yukiko, Chie, Teddie, and Rise I think. I definitely need to prioritize finishing Kanji, Rise and Naoto's SL's next round though, because I managed to not finish their SL's before end game. (Naoto's didn't even get started. I really need to work on the Stat thing, this messed me up in P3P too...)

Least Favorite: Uhhh... I still don't like the nurse all that much? I mean, I guess she's less creepy now but meh.

Top Bottom