• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Sophia

Is it worth playing through P4A's story before P4U? Currently playing through P4A's story and the dialogue is so damn stupid.

Ultimax continues directly where Arena ends. While they recap the story to some degree, they expect you to play it. Luckily you do not need to play every character to finish the story.

Does the P4A story dlc/arc not cover it all?

If you mean the P4A Story DLC for Ultimax, that's actually the entire story mode from the first game. It's not a compressed bite-sized version like they did with BlazBlue.

Ultimax continues directly where Arena ends. While they recap the story to some degree, they expect you to play it. Luckily you do not need to play every character to finish the story.

Which characters do you recommend should I play? Yukiko and her fucking lunchbox put me off wasting any time on investigation team stories.

Sophia

.... ouch, yeah, Yukiko has the worst story mode. By far.

As far as story completion goes, you need one cliffhanger ending from the original four (Yu, Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko), the cliffhanger ending for either Teddie or Kanji, and one cliffhanger from one of the last four (Mitsuru, Aigis, Akihiko, Naoto.)

After which, you'll unlock Labrys's story, and then you can go back and get the true ending for any of the P4 cast members. Once you get the true ending for a P4 cast member, you can then get one for a P3 cast member.
Elizabeth's story, while optional, will unlock after obtaining a true ending, and is pretty interesting in it's own right

My preferred order is Yosuke > Teddie > Mitsuru or Aigis > Labrys > True Ending Route for Yosuke > True Ending Route for Mitsuru or Aigis. Mitsuru's story mode is by far the best of any in the game. Yosuke has the best of the original four available. And Teddie's story is way better than Kanji's.

Also I wish I could edit out my post now so it doesn't look like I posted three times in a row. XD

batrush

Interesting. I was planning to pick up both Arena games, but I didn't know about the existing story DLC for Ultimax. So I'll be fine with Ultimax + the Story DLC? Meaning, I won't be missing a single piece of dialogue from the first game?

Soulflarz

Banned
Interesting. I was planning to pick up both Arena games, but I didn't know about the existing story DLC for Ultimax. So I'll be fine with Ultimax + the Story DLC? Meaning, I won't be missing a single piece of dialogue from the first game?

I...think its the whole story? Either way, dont feel to bad if they cut certain things, its a very repetitive story mode :p

Andrefpvs

That's correct. As a bonus, every event movie and CG you unlock by playing that DLC will be viewable in Ultimax's Gallery, which is nice.

FluxWaveZ

So Atlus did do some cool stuff for November 24th again, just not for Persona.

It's interesting that back in July (before Untold II was announced), they teased the following projects:
  1. "That title."
  2. Game planned for release in three years time.
  3. "Brand new IP" akin to Dragon's Crown and Catherine.
And yet, from the three EO titles announced since then, they'd only be able to fit in category one, unless EOV is going to be a 2017 game (which is real unlikely). Which means that categories 2 and 3 are unaccounted for, still. Atlus has a lot going on.

FluxWaveZ

Persona 6 confirmed.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if we got it (relatively) shortly after 5.

Persona 6 is a possibility for it, but it's also likely something different, especially considering P5's dev. cycle. They've really got a lot going on now, though. Updated from last time:
  1. Etrian Odyssey II Untold: The Knight of Fafnir (November 27, 2014)
  2. Devil Survivor 2: Break Record (January 29, 2015)
  3. Etrian Odyssey and the Mystery Dungeon (March 5, 2015)
  4. Persona 4: Dancing All Night (TBA 2015)
  5. Persona 5 (TBA 2015)
  6. Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (TBA 2015)
  7. [Unknown] (TBA 2017)
  8. New IP (or several?) (TBA)
  9. Etrian Odyssey V (TBA)
Who knows if any of that even includes Team Maniax's project, Deviliser or Asraga Adventure Chronicle.

Past

So, I need to finish P3P asap so I can start PQ. I am at around floor 135~ in Tartarus and according to the game I have 3 shadow boss left to defeat (doubt that's true). Approx how far am I in the game?

So, I need to finish P3P asap so I can start PQ. I am at around floor 135~ in Tartarus and according to the game I have 3 shadow boss left to defeat (doubt that's true). Approx how far am I in the game?

Only at 135?
Tartarus has more than 200 floors.

Persona 6 confirmed.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if we got it (relatively) shortly after 5.

We'll get Persona 6 a few months after Persona 5, but it'll be such a mess that a few years later they'll release a patch where the Grand Cross happens and blows up the entire game so they can make a new Persona 6. Meanwhile, they will release Persona 5-2 and Narukami Returns: Persona 5.

Tamanon

Banned
Nah, Persona 4 Dancing won't release for several years until it's shown again for the Playstation 5 and the P4D logo morphs into P6.

Gambit61

Wish I saw that Persona event live with PGaf. I've only recently gotten interested in PQ and will be checking my amazon shipment nonstop all week. I guess I could play some P3 to kill time and get familiar with the cast. I've never played it before so I was planning on sticking with the 4 cast in Q.

Wish I saw that Persona event live with PGaf. I've only recently gotten interested in PQ and will be checking my amazon shipment nonstop all week. I guess I could play some P3 to kill time and get familiar with the cast. I've never played it before so I was planning on sticking with the 4 cast in Q.

I'm jealous of those virgin eyes of yours. Enjoy it!

PK Gaming

Some sweetdiculous fanart featuring everyone's favorite toaster and everyone's favorite Yandere.

labrys_by_observerz-d87f1a2.jpg

Source

Btw guys is that recent P4G anime any good?

It was considered by many pretty bad, especially in terms of animation quality. It is supplementary to the original anime or at least assumes you already know the original plot. Thus, they focus on the new Golden additions and as a side effect, they also seem to focus quite a bit on Marie, which some people disliked.

I personally thought that it had its redeeming moments. I would say about 1/3 - 1/2 the episodes are worth watching, but I have pretty low standards for anime.

Sophia

Shadow Labrys is Tsundere, not Yandere. She even does the classic "Calling everyone idiots" gag!

Btw guys is that recent P4G anime any good?

That depends. How much do you like Marie? Do you like Marie enough that you could tolerate her stealing the plot? Do you like Marie enough that she literally turns herself into Marie Sue? Do you like Marie enough that you could tolerate downright laughable animation that has no effort put into it at all because the animation studio doesn't care?

That depends. How much do you like Marie? Do you like Marie enough that you could tolerate her stealing the plot? Do you like Marie enough that she literally turns herself into Marie Sue? Do you like Marie enough that you could tolerate downright laughable animation that has no effort put into it at all because the animation studio doesn't care?

Remember when people thought it would be a better-made version of the first anime? A chance to fix some mistakes and remove double-Chie? Those were the days.

EDIT:
I can't believe you didn't add 'baka' to the end of that, PK. Isn't that illegal in most states?

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening

Loved Marie.
In-game by the way.

Sophia

Yeah, yeah, yeah

I'm still proud of that prediction to this day. It's my greatest triumph on PersonaGAF.

Part of that prediction wasn't even hard to make due to how ArcSys handles their games. Also I'm pretty sure you've mad better predictions, I just can't remember what they were....

Remember when people thought it would be a better-made version of the first anime? A chance to fix some mistakes and remove double-Chie? Those were the days.

I had hopes it might be that.

Then they announced it for a single cour (13 episodes) and it was pretty obviously going to be a massive train-wreck. Sure enough, from the first episode the "No shits given" feeling was out in full force. >_>

Tamanon

Banned
I liked the show personally. Some of the stuff they did was pretty cool and I like Marie. The Adachi episode was awesome. I can definitely see why some people don't like it though.

Top Bottom