• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Is it normal that we still don't even have a proper gameplay trailer somewhat close to release? I mean, if the original idea was to release the game at the end of this year, it couldn't have been moved that far out in the winter period.

Hey man, that's really good. Love your style of color.

Great job

Here's the full pic ppl

tumblr_nfiapoCgHr1tky05no1_1280.png

Is it normal that we still don't even have a proper gameplay trailer somewhat close to release? I mean, if the original idea was to release the game at the end of this year, it couldn't have been moved that far out in the winter period.

We literally have no release date at all, so how can you claim it's close to release?

All we have is '2015', no month, no season, just '2015'.

Dont forget, development switched from being PS3 only to being a PS3/PS4 cross-gen title, this is probably a major reason for the delay from Winter 2014, amongst other things.

To be expecting gameplay right now is pretty ridiculous to be honest. There MAY be a trailer at the playstation experience, but I wouldnt get your hopes up for it, chances are it's just an AtlusUSA version of the trailer we've already seen.

I think the first real thing of note to come for P5 will be music at that concert. After that I would expect the promotion cycle to begin. Let's not forget they still have P4DAN to release first and the promotional cycle for that has barely begun.

I think maybe summer we'll start seeing things, with a fall 2015 release. That's just my guess though.

FluxWaveZ

To be expecting gameplay right now is pretty ridiculous to be honest. There MAY be a trailer at the playstation experience, but I wouldnt get your hopes up for it, chances are it's just an AtlusUSA version of the trailer we've already seen.

I don't see what's ridiculous about expecting gameplay for Persona 5 right now. It might not be P Studio's m.o. to show a game too long before it's released, but having gameplay for a game that's about a year off isn't outrageous by any means.

I think P5 is Atlus' first reveal trailer that didn't have any gameplay footage (outside of SMTxFE), and it's even more unusual that the second trailer released almost a year later still didn't have any either.

Edit: To clarify, I'm using "gameplay" as a synonym for "in-game footage" here.

Jumping in for a dumb P4 question since I can't find an answer anywhere for the life of me. Persona 4 Golden. Quest 4, angel statue. I know you're supposed to fine a Positive King on floors 5-7 of Yukiko's castle and he's supposed to spawn an Avenger Knight that drops the statue. I've been going between these floors for a while now (on my way to the optional boss) and I've encountered a few Positive Kings but they only ever seem to spawn Secret Bambinos, never Avenger Knights. Anyone happen to know what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do?

Edit: Oh, so I think I need to encounter a group of 2 on the 7th floor, and if they're both alive when they summon it'll bring up the Avenger Knight. Edit edit: Thank god, finally god the stupid thing.

I don't see what's ridiculous about expecting gameplay for Persona 5 right now. It might not be P Studio's m.o. to show a game too long before it's released, but having gameplay for a game that's about a year off isn't outrageous by any means.

I say its ridiculous because of the fact that we have seen nothing so far. Outside of the teaser which showed Glasses MC and what looks to be Shibuya, we've had no characters, no music, no setting location for the normal world or battle world (assuming they are different), and no plot points whatsoever.

I think it would be difficult to put a gameplay trailer together without ruining some surprises that I assume they want to keep under wraps until the game comes out. I think we need to learn other stuff before we see some gameplay otherwise it will either spoil some things (however light they may be) or leave Atlus having to answer a bunch of questions.

FluxWaveZ

I think it would be difficult to put a gameplay trailer together without ruining some surprises that I assume they want to keep under wraps until the game comes out. I think we need to learn other stuff before we see some gameplay otherwise it will either spoil some things (however light they may be) or leave Atlus having to answer a bunch of questions.

I guess I get what you mean, but it's not like we knew that much more about Catherine when the game was first revealed (we didn't even know what kind of game it was), yet we still saw some in-game footage and screenshots when it was announced.

But yeah, there's a reason we haven't seen any gameplay yet, whatever that reason is.

I do feel like the scene would have had a bit more impact had Shinji and Ken joined earlier in the game, it feels like they just joined and suddenly significant plot focusing on the two of them. This is especially true of Shinji who I think was playable for 1 FM before this event.

Persona 3 FES 10/04

WHAT THE FUCK?!

Interesting...

I do feel like the scene would have had a bit more impact had Shinji and Ken joined earlier in the game, it feels like they just joined and suddenly significant plot focusing on the two of them. This is especially true of Shinji who I think was playable for 1 FM before this event.

Yeah, that was a bit of a kick in the teeth.

I would spoiler tag your post! Remember there are still people who havent played this game.

Just a friendly reminder that Persona Q drops this tuesday. :)

Show of hands (or rather posts), how many are buying the game? And which version, Wild Cards Premium, Normal/Limited first print or Digital?

Day 1 Wild Cards over here.

Show of hands (or rather posts), how many are buying the game? And which version, Wild Cards Premium, Normal/Limited first print or Digital?

Day 1 normal version. I have an exam just before it, so I'm damn well taking the rest of the evening off.

Messiah

I preordered the normal edition. And I won't own a 3ds until december. Waiting will be hard ...

The Persona PSP games are on sale in the EU PSN btw

D-Man

Gonna pick up my pre-order of the normal/limited version on Day 1. I even got a call from the store saying that it should be waiting for me on Tuesday.

My copy will arrive........... erm....... well I dont actually know :/

I have it paid for on pre-order, so I would assume it will get here on launch day (Friday).

If it doesnt I'm going to be tearing my hair out until it gets here! Was bad enough waiting a week for Ultimax to be imported, this one is within the UK though so there shouldnt be any delay right?

Right?

I dont have an XL so I just went with standard, as long as I get the rest of the tarot set I'm happy. Ill be briskly walking to my gamestop after my classes finish on tuesday. Going to make my thanksgiving travel a lot more fun too!

Sophia

So, regarding Persona Q, what is everyone naming the P3 and P4 protagonists?

In absence of the ability to give both protagonists the closest thing they have to canonical names, due in no part to the bizarre fact that there is an apparent limit of six characters in a game released in 2014, I will probably just use the random name option. That, or take the same route as Buddha and give them something very silly. :p

Would like to carry over names from my run through the games, but my first time through P4 had Yu Narukami. So I'll have to use the name I used in my second run through P4: Swag Master. My P3 run's Makoto Yuki fits though.

84X

Banned

Thank you!~

Getting Wild Cards and special 3DS XL, I'll hopefully get them... within a week.

I'm not entirely sure but it'll probably just be:
P4 MC: Yu N. (or some variant)
P3 MC: Makoto Yuki (or the name I generally use for silent protags)

...or I'll be super cool and call them Swag Master and Mc Lovin'.

So was fighting Hell Knight x3 in Block 4 of Tartarus, on the knight with the least health and close to death Miritsu uses Marin Karin, to which I rage... but then it lands! Then Junpei proceeds to attack and kill the charmed enemy -.-

Persona 3 FES PLZ

Meia

Well, I wasn't going to buy the CE since I had the full soundtrack and the case I imported. Then I joined Gamer's Club for Best Buy, and found I could get it for $63 instead, and then remembered my niece(also a big persona fan) doesn't have the case obviously, so...

It should be coming in the mail on Tuesday. :D

Acid08

Banned

Premium Edition here. Looking forward to the case, the rest is meh.

P4: Chuck Tunoku

Don't know about the P3 protag. Will just see what I feel like when I start the game.

arue

Pre-ordered normal version and ready to pick it up in the morning on the way to school!

As for naming:
P3: Makoto Yuki
P4: Either Souji Seta or some variation of Yu Narukami mentioned by others.

P3: Makoto Yuki
P4: Yu Senpai

Also, day 1 premium edition. Although I still don't have a 3DS and I have a lot to study so I'll probably play it in January.

Top Bottom