• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Not wanting to start waifu wars or anything, but I'm guessing that she's rather unpopular even among non-IT girls as waifu. (Please correct me if I'm wrong, since I don't really remember much about her outside of the fact she plays the trombone and according to Hiimdaisy you help with her self-esteem.)

Admittedly of the few somewhat serious waifu wars I've seen, they revolve more around the IT girls and Marie. Not so serious ones (or maybe they were serious) involve Kanji, Yosuke, Funky Student, Fox, etc.

Yeah, I admit she was an easy punchline.

Yeah.. but I was hoping for a different kind of noticing with more affection... but it seems that Gooch can only have tsunderes.
look at this sentence I made lol

Tsundere's aren't all bad. It just means they've got baggage to work past!
I'm sap as fuck.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Trying to dust this off from memory, so hopefully it still applies.

John's guide to faking your way through exams so you have more time for video games:

Art/Art History -- Everything was heavily influenced by the Byzantine period. Link the topic and Byzantine and you're fine. If it's a short-answer test, the answer is always Rococo.

Biology -- Ruthlessly argue that the answer can be confirmed by evolution. And the ideal clutch size for birds (exc. flightless) is always 7. Oh and an Elephant's gestation period is 22 months.

Botany -- Sclerenchyma, Parenchyma, Collenchyma. You're done.

Chemistry -- Convert every answer to Angstroms. Energy always goes from high to low, and if you don't have the naming stuff down, just convert the answer to Cl- and call it a chloride salt. If it's advanced chemistry, just remember the formulas for calculating the mass of chromium atoms in transitional states. If it's organic chemistry, admit failure already and look forward to next semester.

Computer Science --
10 PRINT "C++ is the motherfucking devil"
20 GOTO 10

Dendrology -- unless you have a lot of latin memorized, you're boned. admit defeat.

English - Everything is a shakesperean allegory. If the subject is Shakespeare, he's making fun of the crown and his plays are thematically similar to Dante's Inferno. draw the connections and get a 100%

Environmental Science - the answer is always the Coriolis effect. And ENSO is El Nino Southern Oscillation.

Foreign Language -- there's nothing that I can do to help you do better in foreign languages. But I can tell you that all you have to do is argue with the teacher that the present imperfect tense of whatever verb you were trying to conjugate is correct. Stand by that point adamantly (and know how to do it) and get 10 points added back to your test.

History -- You're screwed. Just write how the Vietnam war was terrible but through diplomatic relations, post-war Vietnam has become a critical ally in SE Asia through reconstruction to help promote regional stability. Then simultaneously equate the Tamil Tigers to nazis and che guevara. If this is a pH.D course, you might wind up with a book deal. :|

Math -- (pre-calculus) plug all the numbers you're given into the quadratic equation. Probelm solved. I SAID PROBLEM SOLVED. (post-calculus) Integrate everything, but then say the resulting series isn't rational and doesn't have an answer. (diff eq. or higher) make numerous references to the hypercube and how it proves no problem can be solved w/o complex algorithms.

Physics -- Torque is the cross product of the radius of the circle and the tangential force. Write this for every answer. 100%

Statistics -- Draw a bell curve. Put dots in the bell curve. Then say "the partial derivative of the statistical function resulted in data that had no statistical significance."

Please no one actually use this.

PK Gaming

Now I'm not saying you should skip class and play PQ all day*...

qykc57L.gif

*ATLUS does not condone or promote truancy or otherwise missing class for video game-related reasons.

I will actually skip class so I can go around town selling games to buy PQ.

It's Processor Architecture. Nobody goes to Processor Architecture class!

Oh yeah, did you see this, Miguel?
QczRKCj.jpg

I used other parts of the Q intro to fill empty spaces in the image, but let me know if you had something else in mind/decided you wanted to keep you old avatar.
Souda_%2823%29.png

Woooooooow O: That is amazing! The only thing I could do was this piece of crap:
qUDJis0.png

But that is WAY better in every way possible. Can't wait to use it tomorrow, thank you so much dude! May I ask, what's with the red lines in Yukari's side?
today I got my copy of Persona Q (they released it today here in Chile, South America).
Are you kidding me?! Maybe there is a chance!!!

Hi guys, I wanted to share some of my happiness with you (not to brag or anything) because today I got my copy of Persona Q (they released it today here in Chile, South America). This is the first Persona game I own, because Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 I've played, but they were lent to me by a friend with his console since I never owned a PS2. Needless to say I'm really excited about this and I have to say...Dem feels hit me since the first second of this game.

P.S: Don't know if it is against the rules to post a picture about my game, but here it goes

M00IVF8.jpg

John's guide to faking your way through exams so you have more time for video games:

You have a very wide range of knowledge, since most of the things that you talk about in some of the subjects actually make sense / actually exist, even if that won't carry us for our finals.

I don't know how long ago this was for you, but do you remember this from high school? That is impressive. I barely remember anything I learned in bio, and I learned that only a year ago, botany stuff was covered a bit and sounds vaguely familiar but I don't remember that from 2 years ago.

sakuori

I considered it for a split second but I realized I'm already out of college.

do you have any advice for music classes

Figure out the professors favorite pieces. Praise them to high heaven in your essays. If you're actually in a class where you play an instrument well.. I normally wrote the fingerings down on the sheet music under the notes for crazier stuff.

Open Link, see Fuuka lose in first round.

tumblr_mohxsy1dK11rzc0ato2_500.jpg

Edit: inb4 avatar quote

I didn't even look at the results, though to be honest I'm not too surprised. It's not like Fuuka is a bad character just because of this. :p

Dat Mitsuru vs Aigis tho.

Also half expecting Yu to win or be near the top.

And yes, surprised Kanji and Yosuke aren't in there. I think either would make more sense than Teddie, the only reason I think he's in would be Alice?

Edit;

Taking a closer look at the numbers, I'm surprised that so many people voted. Either some people take it seriously enough to vote( I wouldn't bother, Im there to read the comments), or this is a popular website.

Lol waifu wars, oh man. Good stuff.

Waiting for the salty comments that are probably
/hopefully
going to come from people who take this seriously.

Unfortunately, there aren't that many yet, outside of like 1.

Edit: Actually are there a significant number of people who actually take these extremely seriously? Based off of what I heard here it sounds like most of the time arguments happen, but it looks for the most part like people are joking.

Edit 2:

Doesn't happen here; I swear.

Well, I think most of the time if they occur here people are joking. Unless they're bashing Marie or something. jk

But I think someone mentioned here that it can easily devolve into people just arguing and insulting each other. Maybe it'll happen there later, but I didn't really see anything especially bad.

Gazoinks

Edit: Actually are there a significant number of people who actually take these extremely seriously? Based off of what I heard here it sounds like most of the time arguments happen, but it looks for the most part like people are joking.

In my opinion, John's repping of the wrong best girl in official Atlus material is a disgrace.

edit: Dammit John

arue

Aigis vs Mitsuru is so close. Aigis is winning with only 70 votes ahead.

Go go Aigis! o/

Edit: I just saw that Teddie and Yu count as waifus. Where is Kanji though???

Messiah

/hopefully

I predict death threats in the comments by tomorrow. :p

Has anyone finished all four courses of the Ultimax scoreattack mode on risky and got some tips on how to tackle it? I get steamrolled all the time. I guess if I win the first round I can burst and IK in the second, but it's hard enought to get to that point ...

/hopefully

Edit 2:

Well, I think most of the time if they occur here people are joking. Unless they're bashing Marie or something. jk

But I think someone mentioned here that it can easily devolve into people just arguing and insulting each other. Maybe it'll happen there later, but I didn't really see anything especially bad.

Joking or not, I expect personaism.txt to fill up my feed either way.
Ah, personaism... The PersonaGAF equivalent of getting smacked on the nose with a rolled up newspaper and a stern 'NO.'

Don't worry guys, the results of this competition mean nothing. I've seen some PQ stuff on Tumblr and
Yosuke
is shown to pretty much be the most canon with P4MC out of everyone.

Just to be clear, I don't actually think other waifus are shit and we should all respect each others' opinions. Though I might or might not be serious about Yosuke being canon waifu :p

PK Gaming

So I had a crisis of conscience...

Old and busted:
smMpyOj.png

New hotness:
imM6IxO.png

w/ apologies to fsteak, Erin F., and Jello.

You know what's ironic.

I had the same crisis of conscience, but in reverse. I used to be a Rise guy, but after playing a bit of P4G lately, I've switched over #TeamChie.

I still really, really like Rise though.

You know what's ironic.

I had the same crisis of conscience, but in reverse. I used to be a Rise guy, but after playing a bit of P4G lately, I've switched over #TeamChie.

I still really, really like Rise though.

I don't think I'm likely to switch anytime soon. Maybe it's cause the beta couples are acting as anchors.

Guys, seriously come on.

It's all about the best girl, Yukari.

Must... resist... agreeing!

I hope not, because the idea that a woman can be "used goods" is unfathomably shitty. If you're serious about that, you might want to rethink it.

I meant the Yosuke being pushed most for canon pairing in PQ, not the pic. Sorry, ill make it clearer.

Though this is based off of some of the stuff he says that's probably pulled out of context or edited, since that's generally what happens on Tumblr

Top Bottom