• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

sakuori

I was really about to post that link for the lulz when I found about it early in the morning.
But honestly, this poll amused me a damn lot
and when shit happens because of waifu wars

Xenoflare

I feel calm and un-hyped for PQ, I dunno why I was looking forward to it since it was announced.

Maybe things will change when I actually get my copy tomorrow. .

Gazoinks

I feel calm and un-hyped for PQ, I dunno why I was looking forward to it since it was announced.

Maybe things will change when I actually get my copy tomorrow. .

I'm calmly hyped. I'm looking forward to it and am gonna grab it digitally soon as it goes up, but I'm not counting down the seconds like I was for Smash Bros. Or will be for P5. :p

wmlk

Alright new page (for me), sorry about the previous one.

I'm guessing that it'd be best to forget the previous page even existed?

I personally don't understand why discussing it is so taboo. It's lighthearted and somewhat agreeable within the community.

PK Gaming

tumblr_nab33trzV31s73ku9o1_1280.png
tumblr_nab33trzV31s73ku9o6_1280.png

Picking up girls (and Yosuke)

84X

Banned
Was hit by physics assignment and spent all day doing that; so now trying to get some sort of PQ countdown image done (technically second last one)...

Photoshop crashed.

FML

I personally don't understand why discussing it is so taboo. It's lighthearted and somewhat agreeable within the community.

I guess. Though there's always the possibility it'll go down. Plus I'm pretty sure some people would prefer to discuss other things. :p

Ex: I'm pretty sure Flux is not into waifu wars. Not that I know him/her personally, but I'm just guessing. I know (s)he likes Shabrys, I'm pretty sure it's as a character and not a waifu though (and after watching the Ultimax scene featuring her, I kind of do too, even if the reasoning didn't make complete sense to me. Asterius is pretty cool). (Used as an example just because I don't recall him really mentioning anything on the subject, I don't mean to make fun of him/her or anything like that)

Did I mention I have complete garbage sense of humour/fun? Ex: There was a time a few years ago where I spent my free time playing Call of Duty, and at certain points in their life cycles all I would do is team-kill my allies to hear them rage. Also in general do things to piss enemies off and get hate-mail.

Also, as you can probably tell, I don't know if people are actually mad about it or not here, and can't tell if anyone might actually get mad about it or not. I remember back a while ago something similar kind of happened and I don't think it ended well. So it would probably be best to avoid that.

I guess. Though there's always the possibility it'll go down. Plus I'm pretty sure some people would prefer to discuss other things. :p

Ex: I'm pretty sure Flux is not into waifu wars. Not that I know him/her personally, but I'm just guessing. I know he likes Shabrys, I'm pretty sure it's as a character and not a waifu though. (Used as an example just because I don't recall him really mentioning anything on the subject, I don't mean to pick fun at him or anything like that)

Did I mention I have complete garbage sense of humour/fun? Ex: There was a time a few years ago where I spent my free time playing Call of Duty, and at certain points in their life cycles all I would do is team-kill my allies to hear them rage. Also in general do things to piss enemies off and get hate-mail.

Also, as you can probably tell, I don't know if people are actually mad about it or not here, and can't tell if anyone might actually get mad about it or not. I remember back a while ago something similar kind of happened and I don't think it ended well. So it would probably be best to avoid that.

So you were a troll.
At least you got over that.

FluxWaveZ

Ex: I'm pretty sure Flux is not into waifu wars. Not that I know him/her personally, but I'm just guessing. I know (s)he likes Shabrys, I'm pretty sure it's as a character and not a waifu though (and after watching the Ultimax scene featuring her, I kind of do too, even if the reasoning didn't make complete sense to me. Asterius is pretty cool). (Used as an example just because I don't recall him really mentioning anything on the subject, I don't mean to make fun of him/her or anything like that)

lol

If Flux has a waifu it shall be his deepest secret.

You guys are coming real close to making me want to say what I really think about the concept of "waifus" through an articulate, lengthy diatribe, but I'll restrain myself.

No, it is not something I indulge in.

Also, watch ME!ME!ME!

So you were a troll.
At least you got over that.

I'm trying to not act like a douche, though part of me still enjoys seeing salty tears and the like. Hence that's why I went on that site: sure, I was a bit curious of results when it popped up on my FB new thing, but the main reason I went was to look at comments.

So yeah, I'll try not to do anything really stupid or offend people. But chances are I will, I did that a couple of times unintentionally already.

Edit:

You guys are coming real close to making me want to say what I really think about the concept of "waifus" through an articulate, lengthy diatribe, but I'll restrain myself.

No, it is not something I indulge in.

Also, watch ME!ME!ME!

Sorry I'll try to stop.

It might just be my poor English, but you have really good vocabulary and stuff. Thought I should mention that eventually since your usage of vocabulary well above my level has occurred multiple times. Rather sad since I don't know any other language, and the French I do know is rather pitiful to the point of non-existent and ended with Grade 10. And I'm not French-Immersion and do not live in Quebec, so it's terrible.

Also, may I ask what the Me thing is?

I'm trying to not act like a douche, though part of me still enjoys seeing salty tears and the like. Hence that's why I went on that site: sure, I was a bit curious of results when it popped up on my FB new thing, but the main reason I went was to look at comments.

So yeah, I'll try not to do anything really stupid or offend people. But chances are I will, I did that a couple of times unintentionally already.
As long as you don't mean it, I have no quarrel with you. Sorry if I came of as judgemental.

I hope colleges still refer to geology classes as "rocks for jocks."

They absolutely do.

None that I've seen, but I'm Canadian.
If nothing else, if it wasn't for the SMT series I wouldn't be taking Myth and Culture next year.

SMT was the biggest influence on me studying Japanese. SMTI and SMTII are in Japanese and I can't read that language? Challenge accepted.

I'm not being entirely sarcastic, either.

Right... well, I wanted to avoid posting it here, but I guess I'm the one who brought it up. Extremely NSFW: Official page (worth it for the seamless loop)

Mentioned it because it's a glimpse into my psyche regarding the subject.

I see. It was rather ...disturbing(? not sure how to put it). I will admit I just skipped to random parts of it, watched a bit, skipped etc. But I think I get it, from what I've seen + reading the comments. The odd thing is, I may be wrong, but I think something there I recognize vaguely from something my friend who consider himself 'otaku' showed me. I don't know if he took a screenshot of something in the video or it was just something that looked similar (there's probably somewhere in the world an anime character that looks similar to one featured in the video).

Also maybe it was something on Tumblr, now that I looked at the site.

Edit: Actually I'm going to stop pretending like I know what I'm talking about. Cuz I don't really. If the term waifu is something that applies to mainly anime then I am not that knowledgeable on the subject, since I only watched probably like 2-3 anime to completion in my life (Gundam Seeds and P4GA). The only reason I know about the term 'waifu' at all is from PersonaGaf actually, probably back at OT3, and for the most part outside of a couple of instances it was used jokingly.

Kanra

Okay, I know I'm late but I just finished Persona 3 Spring of Birth and it was great! A lot better than the P4 animes. Makoto was handled perfectly. I really hope we get Persona 5 movies instead of a anime now.

Okay, I know I'm late but I just finished Persona 3 Spring of Birth and it was great! A lot better than the P4 animes. Makoto was handled perfectly. I really hope we get Persona 5 movies instead of a anime now.

Well the P4 animes probably aren't putting up much of a competition. It's a shame, I was looking forward to P4GA back when it announced and hoped it would be an amazing P4 anime.

I really like how Makoto was portrayed too, and how his character developed more than Narukami's character developed imo. I wouldn't mind if the next protag was more introverted/quieter compared to Narukami, or his only reason for making bonds was for power or something like that. However, my reasoning might be skewed because we've seen so much of Narukami recently. Something that contrasts a lot from previous protagonists would be nice, though in-game, chances are that the MC doesn't really have much of a personality since they are historically blank slates.

Sorry, I meant the challenge I "accepted" was being able to read Japanese, not that I intend to translate them. :p

Still, good luck memorizing the scripts.

Honestly, kanji's not as hard as foreigners fear. Granted, I only know about 5% of the "standard" set, but I'm having no problems so far. It's like knowing a dictionary of tiny logos. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is true. It's probably just my terrible memory.

Syllabic and logographic writing systems just don't jell with me, it seems.
Abjad too, but there's only three of those.

Soulflarz

Banned

I still havent seen that. Or trinity soul. Or persona 4s original anime.

Messiah

Mmh on page 3 of the Persona Q OT the thread descends into waifu wars, well at least I won't get spoiled for my playthrough I guess.

I am planning on replaying Persona 3 Portable. On higher difficulty levels, are there only changes to damage values or are there other significant changes like additional bosses or something?

Setsu00

Now I'm not saying you should skip class and play PQ all day*...

qykc57L.gif

*ATLUS does not condone or promote truancy or otherwise missing class for video game-related reasons.

One of my former teachers failed her math exam because she was busy playing Diablo that day. She's a cool teacher.

For fear of spoilers I think I'm just gonna stick to our little community tbh.

Also I just received an email from Canada Post, the package has been safely delivered to my house. We will see about how "safely" it got there but I'm hyped. Unfortunately I have to take care of an appointment at a clinic so I'll only be able to play it later today.

Xenoflare

I picked up Pokemon AS alongside with PQ, and lost my $1 of change LOL

Awww my new vita slim is going to eat dust for a long while.

FluxWaveZ

Premium edition release got delivered without problems. Looking forward to playing the game, though I've heard people aren't too happy with that 3DS XL case.

Top Bottom