• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

I was thinking, are any of you guys thinking of using the DLC sub personas in Persona Q? Or are you already using the one available
(Kaguya)
?

Sophia

I was thinking, are any of you guys thinking of using the DLC sub personas in Persona Q? Or are you already using the one available
(Kaguya)
?

People told me the DLC Personas in Persona Q break the game badly. After seeing how SMT IV's DLC broke THAT game, I refuse to touch them, even the free ones.

Xenoflare

People told me the DLC Personas in Persona Q break the game badly. After seeing how SMT IV's DLC broke THAT game, I refuse to touch them, even the free ones.

Considering the fact that you can get
Thanatos
when it comes out at any point of the game of course it's breaking.

Didn't knew they break the game. Guess I'm gonna stay away from them as well, though I am going to buy the navigator's DLC.

Also, I just defeated my first FOE, yay! Didn't kill anyone in my party, but it was still a difficult and long battle, ran out of SP when he was about 25% of his maximun health, that's when stuff started to get difficult because of the lack of buffs and debuffs. My MC was at level 10 and the rest of the party at level 9.

Does that include the DLC that needed said game breaking DLC that came before it? Cause I think it fit pretty well.
There's some kind of simple joy to be found in cracking a game wide open. Though you're right that we shouldn't be able to just BUY game-breakers.

DNAbro

First labyrinth down! Almost lost to the boss due to SP getting way too low but man this game is absolutely fantastic. Also I guess I'm underleveled cause P3 guys are about 3-5 levels higher than most of my guys.

I'm guessing only the DLC sub personas have those unique abilities (not sure if they're actual skills or not)? For example I think Orpheus Telos's was similar to casting salvation each turn for 3 turns or something similar to that?

33 hours into Persona Q, third floor of the fourth labyrinth and
the party makes the obvious jokes about Kanji's sauna. Before the fourth labyrinth, I absolutely hated the puzzles of the third labyrinth - but I have to admit it was a definite change of pace from "figure out how to avoid the FOE and proceed". I have the strangest feeling that the fourth labyrinth may not be the final labyrinth at all, because the Big Bad and the Spider have yet to make their formal appearance, and a lot of scenes from gameplay trailers have yet to happen.

I'm heading off to bed, will get back to Persona Q after I finish studying tomorrow. I may have a problem, and lord help me when Persona 5 hits the shelves.

D-Man

I decided to look over my collective Tarot card set from both Ultimax and PQ and just realized that I never got a Fortune card from Ultimax's pre-order set.

I can't believe it took me this long to realize it. I'm actually kinda bummed out now.

Soulflarz

Banned
I decided to look over my collective Tarot card set from both Ultimax and PQ and just realized that I never got a Fortune card from Ultimax's pre-order set.

I can't believe it took me this long to realize it. I'm actually kinda bummed out now.

P-perhaps you dropped it?

Why isn't there a map or floor plan of the areas you're in, like the school for instance, so you know what floor you are on and each classroom is visible? Or haven't I looked hard enough. P4G

How's everyone's progress so far? I just got to the 2nd floor of the fourth labyrinth, and its a much needed change of pace from the 3rd labyrinth. Gotta say that I am not a fan of the 3rd dungeon. Other than that I'm loving game, and I'm really liking talking Makoto.

D-Man

P-perhaps you dropped it?

Nope. I had the Ultimax cards set in a zip-lock bag until PQ came out. I did get a duplicate Chariot card when I first got my set so I guess that's where the mix-up happened. Got a second Chariot in place of Fortune.

I doubt Atlus would be willing to send me a replacement Fortune this late though, so there's that.

abrack08

How's everyone's progress so far? I just got to the 2nd floor of the fourth labyrinth, and its a much needed change of pace from the 3rd labyrinth. Gotta say that I am not a fan of the 3rd dungeon. Other than that I'm loving game, and I'm really liking talking Makoto.

I guess I've been going slow, I'm about 11 hours in, first floor of the second dungeon. The shadows here are kind of kicking my ass.

Soulflarz

Banned
Nope. I had the Ultimax cards set in a zip-lock bag until PQ came out. I did get a duplicate Chariot card when I first got my set so I guess that's where the mix-up happened. Got a second Chariot in place of Fortune.

I doubt Atlus would be willing to send me a replacement Fortune this late though, so there's that.

*pokes hardin*

CorvoSol

I barely started the second labyrinth. Took time after finishing the first to even out levels and finish the third floor's map.

Just finished the second dungeon and turned it off. Haven't even seen the third yet. Had an easy time of the second boss, surprisingly.

The bottom of that second dungeon sure was...something.

Just finished the second dungeon and turned it off. Haven't even seen the third yet. Had an easy time of the second boss, surprisingly.

The bottom of that second dungeon sure was...something.

I've mentioned it before, until I'm done with the semester I can't play much. I'm only like, 6-7hrs in, first labyrinth 3rd floor. Literally just got there, I think Elizabeth was calling us back or something lol.

Meia

I'm only on the 3rd floor of the first dungeon. Going to guess that the pain in the ass bug enemies are meant to be brutal, since you have a high chance of just flat out running from one. Still has a habit of ending a run early for me if I run into one. Though maybe I just need to figure out how to farm the new armor I just gained access to, as their physical hits 2-shot...

Sophia

Six hours in and I just cleared my first F.O.E. on Risky mode. Aigis/P3 Protag are level 7, everyone else is level 4 or level 5.

So far, Risky doesn't seem all that hard. I was expecting a lot worse, but I beat the F.O.E. on my second try with the party largely alive. Definitely requires a lot more careful planning tho, seeing as I've racked up a bigger playtime than other players at the same spot.

Junpei is the party MVP so far. Taking hits, getting crits, and casting poison like a boss. :D

Just done the bit where the two parties meet. It is perfect.

But man, what the heck has happened to Akihiko?

I don't know whether to laugh or feel pity when I hear him talk, Aki what did they do to you? Other than him and Chie, the cast feels mostly like their old selves again, which is great.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, PQ messed up Akihiko pretty bad. There were his clothes in P4A, but even that game didn't make him to be so one-note in terms of personality. There was a single scene, at least in the P3 side, where he had reverted back to his normal P3 self, but aside from that it's unfortunate.

I beat the boss of the first laberynth yeasterday and I have to say....the music was top notch, and I'm really glad the boss fight was long as well. It was pretty difficult and I was glad that I brought the necessesary buffs and debuffs. Even then things got a little complicated when SP started to run low and when she hit some of the party members with their weaknesses. All in all, it was a good fight, and again...dat boss music.

LX_Theo

Banned
Akihiko has been slaughtered by recent renditions, unfortunately.

If he's says something, its basically just saying he wants to fight something in PQ. Everyone else is pretty good, as far as I've seen, though. Its amazing how much worse his characterization is.

PK Gaming

06aYdME.png

Pretty much

Dantis

What, like Kanji? :p

The weirdest part is that Kanji is completely open about liking cute things in PQ.

I think they just transferred that trait to Naoto because it's like a cliché thing for serious ladies in JRPGs.

It's still dumb though. Especially as it contradicts other things.

DNAbro

The weirdest part is that Kanji is completely open about liking cute things in PQ.

I think they just transferred that trait to Naoto because it's like a cliché thing for serious ladies in JRPGs.

It's still dumb though. Especially as it contradicts other things.

It's obvious that in this world Yu completed Kanji's social link. But yeah Naoto is a bit odd, not bad but odd.

Akihiko so far is the only character I dislike cause "PROTEIN, LET'S FIGHT, TRAINING". Even Chie's meat obsession isn't that bad.

Koromaru easily has the best characterization. "bark"

Nimby

Banned
Certain characters feel generally better than their Arena counterparts (Yukiko and Kanji), while others have just gotten hit with the shit stick (Teddie and Chie). All these Akihiko complaints are disappointing, he probably said the word 'protein' like 3 times in P3, and now it's his central trope.

Top Bottom