• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Sophia

Does the game let you equip the high-level Personas you get from FOEs like that?

It does. Your level is only relevant to fusing. If you get a high level in an FOE fight, it's yours to use no strings attached.

You'll notice in the image I just added that Fuuka has a level 12 Persona equipped, despite nobody in the party actually being level 12 yet.

How much longer is Persona 3 I saved and turned the game off at like November 6th or 7th part of me wants to be done already so I can move on to something else (or at least a zurg rush 100% social link run) though I am really enjoying the game, it just feels like it goes on and on at times.

How much longer is Persona 3 I saved and turned the game off at like November 6th or 7th part of me wants to be done already so I can move on to something else (or at least a zurg rush 100% social link run) though I am really enjoying the game, it just feels like it goes on and on at times.

Welcome to the dragging part of the game. It should pick up by the end of the month.

NichM

Banned
It does. Your level is only relevant to fusing. If you get a high level in an FOE fight, it's yours to use no strings attached.

Cool. I'm not usually one to play on higher difficulty levels myself, but I'm fascinated by accounts of people's Risky playthroughs. Keep up the stories of your near-death experiences!

Sophia

Cool. I'm not usually one to play on higher difficulty levels myself, but I'm fascinated by accounts of people's Risky playthroughs. Keep up the stories of your near-death experiences!

So far, it's not as difficult as I expected to be honest. Very well balanced especially compared to Persona 4 Golden's Risky setting. I've only had one game over, and that was intentional to get an idea of how hard the FOEs in the first dungeon were. The Burning Beetles in Floor 3 are a bit tricky, but mostly because they seem to get the advantage a lot.

About to attempt the first dungeon boss in just a second. We'll see how it goes. PK keeps telling me the later stuff gets harder, but I don't think his idea of hard is quite the same as my idea of hard.

I'm not enjoying the 3rd Dungeon fights so far in this one.
They love to set you up to be very effective to a specific element then the next enemy does a Mazionga and just kill all the party members.

I like how the dungeon puzzles are progressing though.

Was able to put a bit of time into the game today thanks to being stuck in bed sick all day. Aside from some readings and some catching up with some shows, I was able to complete the 3rd floor of the first labyrinth, and man I missed me these intricate, long labyrinths. At the end of it, I was so drained that even though I promissed myself to 100% every single map, when I went back to the chest and saw that the 4% was all in different spots of that map, all far away from me, I gladly payed the 8 3DS Coins (or whatever you call them) LOL. The boss fight was awesome, and what came after, even more. Strolls are exactly what I was hoping for them to be.

FluxWaveZ

when I went back to the chest and saw that the 4% was all in different spots of that map, all far away from me, I gladly payed the 8 3DS Coins (or whatever you call them) LOL.

8? Are you playing on Easy or Normal? Because on Hard, those chests always ask me for an absurd number like 200+ 3DS coins to open them.

8? Are you playing on Easy or Normal? Because on Hard, those chests always ask me for an absurd number like 200+ 3DS coins to open them.

Normal, and it asks me for that amount if I try to open them right from the start. It asked for 8 coins when I had 4% left to explore, which I would of done if they weren't so far from one another. At that point I just wanted to battle the boss and get on with things lol.

FluxWaveZ

Normal, and it asks me for that amount if I try to open them right from the start. It asked for 8 coins when I had 4% left to explore, which I would of done if they weren't so far from one another. At that point I just wanted to battle the boss and get on with things lol.

Oh... so that's how it works. I must have always paid attention to the number when I first came across the chests and went "screw that", only to go back to them once I had seen 100% of the floor.

Someone in the PQ thread said that you don't need to step on trap floors (like spikes) to get 100% for a floor, but that was a total lie that I only realized once I had seen the rest of the floor, so heads up on that.

Oh... so that's how it works. I must have always paid attention to the number when I first came across the chests and went "screw that", only to go back to them once I had seen 100% of the floor.

Someone in the PQ thread said that you don't need to step on trap floors (like spikes) to get 100% for a floor, but that was a total lie that I only realized once I had seen the rest of the floor, so heads up on that.

Ugh. Guess it's time I bring my 3DS to school to collect more coins LOL.

PK Gaming

So far, it's not as difficult as I expected to be honest. Very well balanced especially compared to Persona 4 Golden's Risky setting. I've only had one game over, and that was intentional to get an idea of how hard the FOEs in the first dungeon were. The Burning Beetles in Floor 3 are a bit tricky, but mostly because they seem to get the advantage a lot.

About to attempt the first dungeon boss in just a second. We'll see how it goes. PK keeps telling me the later stuff gets harder, but I don't think his idea of hard is quite the same as my idea of hard.

JfZZ6X3.png

It's way too soon to be celebrating. Haven't you heard that those who declare victory after one battle lose the war? Don't count your chickens yet!

Like I said earlier, the first dungeon is basically a freebie. Just wait until you get to the 3rd dungeon where enemies are spamming corrosion spells.

Sophia

First boss/dungeon cleared. Got a game over my first try, but easily beat it the second time.

Also, PK, that would be a mild improvement. :p

My PQ progress continues, slowly but surely. I've only begun to explore the second floor of the Wonderland dungeon, but the game is adorable and I'm liking it so far. I thought I would get more time over the Thanksgiving break to play it, but I never had time to just sit down and get to it. Will probably be playing it nightly from now on though. Exciting!
y'all play too fast ;_;

I just found this

http://i.imgur.com/QprZ6jN.png[IMG]

I'm claiming this as avatar[/QUOTE]

Lol I made this when [URL="http://joseole.minus.com/i/8xfzNBfTm9dt"]Ken [/URL]& [URL="http://joseole.minus.com/i/GC7yBZa7M8l4"]Koro [/URL]were revealed for Ultimax! I'm glad my silly work is circling the internet haha

Nap1400

Has anyone gotten to that puzzle that apparently had to be completely rewritten for the translations yet? I'm curious as to what it is.

After having trouble vs shadow mitsuo I spent like 100K and whooped his ass.. But I'm broke I'm now >.>

P4G so far is goat in my eyes, well let me keep on playing if any trouble arises I'll passby again thanks persona Gaf.

Xenoflare

JfZZ6X3.png

It's way too soon to be celebrating. Haven't you heard that those who declare victory after one battle lose the war? Don't count your chickens yet!

Like I said earlier, the first dungeon is basically a freebie. Just wait until you get to the 3rd dungeon where enemies are spamming corrosion spells.

I just cannot unsee the Yukari.

Dantis

Female Persona characters in Tekken outfits.

Really? What outfits? I can't think of any great ones. Alisa's is okay, I guess?

That PlayStation Experience event thread has exploded. It's incredible.

Kinda makes me want to spread a rumor P2 style like I did for the rumored P4AU character or like Dantis did for P5 at TGS.

DON'T TEMPT ME, MAN.

Okay PGAF, am I out of the loop on this? I got the Wild Card edition,
which I thought was extremely underwhelming for the price it demands
, and I got this flimsy paperback artbook that is literally about the size of my hand with every illustration that was already on the internet to begin with. To put it quite frankly, I was a bit peeved. I thought the book would be much larger and wouldn't be so basic.

The 3DS carrying case is really nice, packing it everywhere I go now. I heard people had problems with their cards, but it looks like my set is all here. I was a bit mad when I removed the seal for the soundtrack as it STUCK to the case which caused some minor tearing. The artbook was extremely underwhelming, and I could have sworn the book looked completely different, so I dug a little bit, and I was right.

Why do some of these advertisements have a hardback book instead? Seriously what gives?

The art book is no good? Kind of glad I didn't get it then. Anyone want to post some pictures so that I can see what's inside it?

Sophia

Really? What outfits? I can't think of any great ones. Alisa's is okay, I guess?

To give you some ideas, perhaps Yukari with Asuka's outfit or Chie with Ling Xiaoyu's outfit from Tekken 5/6

Also for some reason the idea of Yu or Yosuke wearing Violet's outfit (glasses included) sounds like it'd be hilarious.

So after snagging the PQ XL I knew I'd have to wait a little bit to get Persona Q itself, but things are looking pretty much where I can get it tomorrow, provided the GameStop is in stock of it. Probably will be though. Preeeeeeetty hype over here to finally jump into it

Did anyone blow up their bop bag?
I've still got it wrapped, and I dunno if I'll actually inflate it.

Blew mine up the day I got it and it's STILL inflated.

Heard a few people had problems with the air leaking out of it, so I'm happy mine is still in good condition.

You know what's really disappointing? I just looked and asked in every store in my town that sells games, and not ONE of them even stocks Persona Q.

They're not sold out, they never sold it in the first place. Didn't see any Ultimax either.

UK video game stores are disappointing round my area.

Levito

Banned
So I've put in about 8 hours into PQ and I've gotta say, I'm quite floored by it.

*Ahem*

Nah but really this game is amazing. The combat system is exciting and fantastic, the map drawing is actually pretty addictive, the dungeon design is way better than P3/4 (imo), the writing is pretty sharp, Mitsuru of course, and yeah the music is outstanding.

B3WPb30CEAAi4Dt.jpg

So much fun!

Dantis

So I've put in about 8 hours into PQ and I've gotta say, I'm quite floored by it.

*Ahem*

Nah but really this game is amazing. The combat system is exciting and fantastic, the map drawing is actually pretty addictive, the dungeon design is way better than P3/4 (imo), the writing is pretty sharp, Mitsuru of course, and yeah the music is outstanding.

B3WPb30CEAAi4Dt.jpg

So much fun!

It has so far exceeded my expectations in almost every way.

FluxWaveZ

Hm, Junpei called Rise "Risecchi" instead of "Risette" in a PQ scene. Wonder if that was a mistake.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I'm also enjoying PQ way more than I thought I would. I was actually rather lukewarm on it after the Japanese release, but it's an amazing game.

kewlmyc

Played 25 or so hours of PQ in like 3-4 days, so I got kinda burnt out. I get back to playing it by the end of the week though. It is a really good game however. Gonna focus on Tales of Hearts R now for a bit.

Nimby

Banned
The art book is no good? Kind of glad I didn't get it then. Anyone want to post some pictures so that I can see what's inside it?

It consists entirely of illustrations we've already seen. We have one picture for each character, the box art picture, a picture with all Velvet Roomers and Rei, that Kanji and Koromaru picture, and one with Mitsuru and the MCs.

I expected some concept art and stuff like that, but my expectations were probably through the roof as Flux said. This is my first premium edition.

Tamanon

Banned
3 months today since our last Persona 5 info(the trailer). Hopefully we get something this Week of Playstation that kicks off Wednesday!

Top Bottom