• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

PQ is probably going to end up as one of my favourite games this year. Completely love it.

Gotta agree. I know a lot of you liked Arena/Ultimax, but I'll be honest something about it, and no it wasn't the fact that it was a fighting game, just didn't make my interest for the story peak. Maybe it was the writing? The fact that the whole P3 crew was grown up (although I highly doubt it)? I can't quite put my finger on what it was.

This game however I just love completely, the story and how nicely blended the EO/Persona elements are. I truly am having a blast, although I am playing it very slowly... Heck I haven't even met up with the P4 crew yet. Can't wait for that aha.

Dantis

Gotta agree. I know a lot of you liked Arena/Ultimax, but I'll be honest something about it, and no it wasn't the fact that it was a fighting game, just didn't make my interest for the story peak. Maybe it was the writing? The fact that the whole P3 crew was grown up (although I highly doubt it)? I can't quite put my finger on what it was.

This game however I just love completely, the story and how nicely blended the EO/Persona elements are. I truly am having a blast, although I am playing it very slowly... Heck I haven't even met up with the P4 crew yet. Can't wait for that aha.

Ultimax is very event driven (same with Arena). There is virtually no satisfying developments given to any characters except for Labrys, and if you didn't latch onto her plotline then the story was very dull. The narrative bits I like about Persona (as I've said lots of times before) are the bits about the characters, and the Arena duology dumbed them down too much for me to care. It also has some really badly written dialogue.

I haven't played a lot of games this year, but Persona Q is definitely the best of them.

I've played a lot of games, but PQ is still probably within the top 3 of them.

Is it cute enough for naoto to like it?

156.gif

Setsu00

Ultimax is very event driven (same with Arena). There is virtually no satisfying developments given to any characters except for Labrys, and if you didn't latch onto her plotline then the story was very dull. The narrative bits I like about Persona (as I've said lots of times before) are the bits about the characters, and the Arena duology dumbed them down too much for me to care. It also has some really badly written dialogue.

I agree. I found Ultimax's story okay, but it was kinda disappointing anyway for the reasons you mentioned. There's also the thing that Ultimax had like five different writers while Q had only one. Too many cooks spoil the broth, indeed. It's especially sad since I thought that Ultimax had a lot of potential and a very sound premise.

Yup I think you nailed it. There was a lot of writing and interactions but more than half of them I didn't really care about. The characters seemed so one dimensional at times too and that was al because of how the writing was structured.

PK Gaming

Damn... the puzzle in the 3rd dungeon of PQ makes you feel like an idiot...

Naoto can solve it for you if you screw up a few times, but still... damn.

Don't let her make a fool out of you guys!

I haven't played in a while, but there should still be plenty of people playing in Lobby mode, as there always was.

Unless you're actually talking about P4U, in which case online's probably a barren wasteland.

OK thanks. Just wondering cuz I might get the game in the future but if it was dead then I probably won't.

FluxWaveZ

That PlayStation Experience event thread has exploded. It's incredible.

Kinda makes me want to spread a rumor P2 style like I did for the rumored P4AU character or like Dantis did for P5 at TGS.

Nimby

Banned
Okay PGAF, am I out of the loop on this? I got the Wild Card edition,
which I thought was extremely underwhelming for the price it demands
, and I got this flimsy paperback artbook that is literally about the size of my hand with every illustration that was already on the internet to begin with. To put it quite frankly, I was a bit peeved. I thought the book would be much larger and wouldn't be so basic.

The 3DS carrying case is really nice, packing it everywhere I go now. I heard people had problems with their cards, but it looks like my set is all here. I was a bit mad when I removed the seal for the soundtrack as it STUCK to the case which caused some minor tearing. The artbook was extremely underwhelming, and I could have sworn the book looked completely different, so I dug a little bit, and I was right.

Why do some of these advertisements have a hardback book instead? Seriously what gives?

When referring to pre-orders for games like this, an "art book" is usually a small booklet like the one you got. It's practically never a full fledged art book, of which there indeed is for Persona Q.

I'm gonna agree with Nimby and say they should of done something a lot better than what they gave us, like out of it all only 3-4 pages are i would consider an art book, the rest were a glorified Instruction manual.

An art book should have stuff that your not gonna find anywhere else, like oh I don't know concept art for characters, dungeons, monsters, persona's. And some bonus art like the ones they had at the end of the one we got.

Persona Gaf it's my first time here and i need you're help. So i got a vita about 3 weeks ago yay! anyhow I'm stuck in P4G, currently i'm fighting shadow mitsuo having a difficult time. To give you an insight this is my Team levels:

Yu: 44
Yosuke: 42
Chie: 42
Yukiko: 44
Rise: 45
Kanji: 35
Teddie: 35

i feel like i'm not under leveled yet i can't get passed by the second layer of the boss.

Persona 3 FES 11/3 and 11/4 spoilers

I feel Strega went out too easily... and then the betrayal of Ikuski while not completely out of nowhere was resolved so quickly and randomly that it lost any impact it should have had. Also why did we go randomly Evangelion for 5 minutes?

Persona Gaf it's my first time here and i need you're help. So i got a vita about 3 weeks ago yay! anyhow I'm stuck in P4G, currently i'm fighting shadow mitsuo having a difficult time. To give you an insight this is my Team levels:

Yu: 44
Yosuke: 42
Chie: 42
Yukiko: 44
Rise: 45
Kanji: 35
Teddie: 35

i feel like i'm not under leveled yet i can't get passed by the second layer of the boss.

You dont appear underlevelled (except kanji and teddie), what is your strategy on this fight?

One we figure out where you're going wrong we can rectify it, I know this boss causes a few people some issues.

You dont appear underlevelled (except kanji and teddie), what is your strategy on this fight?

One we figure out where you're going wrong we can rectify it, I know this boss causes a few people some issues.

i switch between king frost and Anzu/Power to avoid dmg the ice and wind damage, but in the process my team gets wiped out. I'm going to give it another try in a few minutes and ill come back with the results.

Sophia

Run into F.O.E. by accident. No preparations. Risky Difficulty.

Win by the seat of my pants. Ken is useless the entire fight, ends up popping the Heal Stone every turn.

Get a level 18 Phoenix (most of my party is level 8-10)

That... was the most intense thing ever o_o

This game is amazing.

Top Bottom