• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Playing the P3 side and I named him Makoto Yuki. I named the p4mc Yu Nrkami, because of that damned 6 character limit. Still works and in my head i read the word the way it should be :p

Levito

Banned
Went P3 myself, named the protagonist Willem Dafoe and (almost) called Yu "Spidah Mahn".

Almost, should have gone with it.

P4 side, because I wanted to see the P3 MC with dialog/a personality.

P3MC - Makoto Yuki
P4MC - Yu Nakami (close enough right?)

Ooh! I just realized I missed a golden opportunity!
I could have called him Yu Nakama!

EDIT: Wait. No. That would only work if it was his middle name...

I named my P3 hero Hideki Tendo and my P4 hero Shuhei Ogawa. Hideki was the name I used from by 100% run of FES, and the other three names are just lifted from the Battle Royale class list (which is how I name most Japanese protagonists).

I went with Makoto Yuuki and Yu Dojima, because fuck it.

Also, I've been speaking with a few people in the IRC and we've come to a staggering conclusion.................

FUCK CORROSION SPELLS!!!

Xenoflare

I went with Makoto Yuuki and Yu Dojima, because fuck it.

Also, I've been speaking with a few people in the IRC and we've come to a staggering conclusion.................

FUCK CORROSION SPELLS!!!

It seems like the Element Wall spells are there to counter this, since it's party wide effect.

But still, yeah fuck corrosion spells. It shows how daunting "xxx break" spells are if they are party wide and inflicts weakness too

Holy crap, we're only 10 pages away from the next thread.

I vote for "All This Macho Glory!" or "Who's Da Man?" as the subtitle for the next thread. 2014 was the Year of Junpei, after all.

I vote for "All This Macho Glory!" or "Who's Da Man?" as the subtitle for the next thread. 2014 was the Year of Junpei, after all.

Oh snap! *sassy Akihiko finger click*

I didnt even realise! Let the naming wars commence!

and then be settled by a civilised vote

DNAbro

Maybe Playstation experience will have P5 info.(maybe) I wonder which will come first though, the event or the thread ending.

Zareka

So what side did you all pick, and what did you name the protagonist(s)?

P3 side since it's my favourite of the two. I promised myself I'd name the protagonists the same thing as I did in the main games in any potential spinoffs.

now they both have identical names

Verder

What if the character in the p5 trailer wasn't the protagonist and the main character is actually
Sho
?

Or some kind of dual protagonist story

Sophia

What if the character in the p5 trailer wasn't the protagonist and the main character is actually
Sho
?

Or some kind of dual protagonist story

I actually like the idea of a dual protagonist story, but there's no indication so far they're doing that.

Not with Sho however. He needs to stay far away from Persona 5. The only reason people even think he's somehow connected to the game is that stupid 4chan bullcrap.

Found these on Twitter
B30AP4fCEAAUOGU.jpg

B30ARq1CYAAw_0i.jpg

Persona Community Thread |OT7| Seven days of no P5 news makes one weak
|OT7| Seven Deadly Spins -- ♪ THIS CAROUSELLLLL ♪
|OT7| Yer a Purse-Owner Harry-kun
|OT7| Never More (Sho puns, that is)

That last one might just be my own personal bias. And maybe the Harry Potter thing is played out already.

Top Bottom