• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

I always thought Arena had a very weak roster. Ultimax on the other hand has probably one of the best rosters. Add
Makoto
, Margaret and........Dojima/Nanako to make it the greatest ever.

Oh crap, i didnt see that. Happy days.

I haven't played Golden, so i have no attachment to the character, but im glad she's in. Enjoy Marie fans

I didn't see it either, and surprisingly there's not much on my twitter feed about it. But damn, can't wait for scans. Delicious. Marie.

Remember the DLC cards and how there would be 37 in total, with [Redacted] being #035? Marie is obviously going to be #036. Just something to consider.

Still chance for that group shot / foil but I'm liking the idea of one more DLC character!

Not even evil. It'd be cool if they could have a character who legitimately countered the whole friendship mantra without being evil. It'd be cool if he simply represented a conflicting perspective rather than some diluted one the cast has to convince him otherwise of
Yeah, I'd say we need both: "evil" characters and characters who don't necessarily need to be best buddies.

FluxWaveZ

Still chance for that group shot / foil but I'm liking the idea of one more DLC character!

Quoting myself from Dustloop:
A few things like Yu Namba's quote (that we can now look back on properly after this news), the DLC card numbering (with Marie obviously being #036, with Adachi being #035 and there being 37 in total), the potential layout of the character select screen thinking about how Marie would be implemented and the fact that every month since April, there has been a new character reveal with a possible last one in August makes me now bullish on the idea that there will be one last character reveal.
About the character layout: consider the number of Persona 3 characters and Persona 4 characters on the screen now. To balance it out properly if they were to keep the conceptual symmetry, a last character would have to be relevant to Persona 3.

Setsu00

Marie's title (from the Japanese source): "虚ろの森のツンデレ詩人" -> "The Hollow Forest's Bipolar Poet"

"Bipolar" might not be the best translation for tsundere though.

Furthermore, Marie will be available at a later date via DLC according to the source.

Marie's title (from the Japanese source): "虚ろの森のツンデレ詩人" -> "The Hollow Forest's Bipolar Poet"

"Bipolar" might not be the best translation for tsundere though.

Furthermore, Marie will be available at a later date via DLC according to the source.

I really hope Atlus/ASW support this game in the long run and not abandon it like Arena.

A constant stream of dlc characters throughout the year will continuously keep this game in the spotlight, especially since Guilty Gear is approaching.

It would make sense if it was Makoto. I mean people are begging for him, the P3 movies are still ongoing and also
Elizabeth's arc in P4A, which they could very well pursue.
I honestly don't see Margaret being playable. Her being such a calm and collected character, I feel like it would be very off. Dojima? Maybe, from what people have said here, he was already considered and scrapped on the first game. And if we are to go by what you said, in order to maintain the symmetry a P3 character is needed... If not Makoto, maybe Metis?? Idk.

About the character layout: consider the number of Persona 3 characters and Persona 4 characters on the screen now. To balance it out properly if they were to keep the conceptual symmetry, a last character would have to be relevant to Persona 3.

Assuming Marie isn't available from day-1, there's no reason to assume they won't announce one more before release day.

But I'm leaning more towards what you said.

So, SO happy to hear that we're getting Marie as DLC for Ultimax!

However, with the character select screen layout: in the current ATLUS USA build, there are three random slots. One is taken by (P4 SPOILERS)
Adachi
and there are two others, one in each corner. If Marie takes one of those slots, and there is speculation that another P3 character, probably
Makoto
, takes the other, then where would the random slot go?

I guess the easy answer to this would be that they'd simply extend the selection screen again and create two new random slots.

In any case, fantastic news! :D

Meia

I'm ok with Marie. I'm not ok with Marie if because she's a DLC character she has no bearing on the story. Considering who Marie is, she should have a fairly massive bearing on things...

That or this will be yet another game they horribly misuse her in, further ruining the character. :\

What the... I wonder if she's just going to be some playable DLC character or if she'll actually have some part in the story.

Yep, exactly what I was about to point out. I had posted the list earlier semi-facetiously, but now I'm seriously looking at it. [Redacted] was announced very early if they were going to be the last reveal, which is something I had stated before, and then this happens. Kokonoe was announced a month before BBCP came out, so this could actually be the last reveal, but who knows...

Remember the DLC cards and how there would be 37 in total, with [Redacted] being #035? Marie is obviously going to be #036. Just something to consider.

Edit: Yeah, I went from being pessimistic for a prospect of any new character to now actually expecting one last reveal following this one. Exciting stuff.

Hmm interesting, who could it be?
Theodore? Margaret? Makoto?
The plot thickens.

Can safely say I didn't expect this one!

Can't wait for the salt that's going to happen when the masses find out though :p

If there is going to be one more dlc character, I'd rather have it be Dojima or Margaret rather than you know who.

kewlmyc

Well I guess you guys aren't gullible after all. My apologies.

Holy shit at Marie though. Wasn't expecting that. Like at all.

kewlmyc

Couldn't 37 be Marie's shadow, if she has one?

LX_Theo

Banned
Hmm... Maybe Marie, story wise, would be along for the ride with Elizabeth? The Investigation team does note (P4G Epilogue spoiler)
that they haven't seen her between the goodbyes in P4 and the epilogue.

Meia

I didn't even know Marie had a Persona. Was that in P4G?

Talking about it in IRC. In the epilogue credits for P4G, they show the third tier of everyone's persona as they show their epilogue appearance, and when it gets to Marie they show Kaguya. Kaguya apparently was also a persona you can fuse as the ultimate Aeon though once you max Marie.

Well, I guess I'm buying this DLC.

I really didn't see this coming. At all. Get ready for people complaining about Marie being playable and not Fuuka.

Talking about it in IRC. In the epilogue credits for P4G, they show the third tier of everyone's persona as they show their epilogue appearance, and when it gets to Marie they show Kaguya.
About that, did they ever explain why in P4A they don't have the second/third tier of personas? It's weird, considering they also appear in the anime.

About that, did they ever explain why in P4A they don't have the second/third tier of personas? It's weird, considering they also appear in the anime.

The P4 cast have their base personas because they only get their ultimate personas by
completing their S Links.
The P3 cast, however, get theirs through
natural story progression.
I assume that this is the reasoning.

The P4 cast have their base personas because they only get their ultimate personas by
completing their S Links.
The P3 cast, however, get theirs through
natural story progression.
I assume that this is the reasoning.

This is the reasoning given in the official works for P4A, yes.

Setsu00

The argument doesn't work for Teddie though, but I guess they just picked Kintoki-Douji instead of Kamui for consistency.

I'm ok with this. I wonder what her two persona reference colors will be, who is even left to reference aside from a tiny few p1/2 people they haven't covered ? Anyone in p3/4 worth referencing?

The argument doesn't work for Teddie though, but I guess they just picked Kintoki-Douji instead of Kamui for consistency.

Why? Just curious. I don't remember myself so I'm referencing the wiki but it says Kamui is available after maxing out the Star Arcana social link.

Setsu00

Why? Just curious. I don't remember myself so I'm referencing the wiki but it says Kamui is available after maxing out the Star Arcana social link.

The Star S.Link levels up automatically over the course of the game. In other words: If you have finished the game, you've also seen Kamui.

FluxWaveZ

All they said in the art book is that they picked their original Personas because they're the most iconic/recognizable (supplemented by the fact that most of them were optional), and they're right.

They just didn't want kamui to have to pull the rocket literally out of its ass in order to use it in his super.

After kintoki-douji, teddies persona designs just get dumber and dumber. His 3rd tier is god awful.

Yu references the Yosuke level 10 social link in his story mode, yet he still has Jiraiya. Also in the sound test, each P4 character has two lines saying their second tier Persona. I guess at one point in development the second tier Personas were in.

Hmm... Maybe Marie, story wise, would be along for the ride with Elizabeth? The Investigation team does note (P4G Epilogue spoiler)
that they haven't seen her between the goodbyes in P4 and the epilogue.

Yeah, that makes me worry that she's just going to be dumped in without any story explanation whatsoever.
Unless, of course, she has an episode that takes place after the epilogue. If her DLC comes with epilogue skins for the IT... I don't think I could handle the awesome!

Yu references the Yosuke level 10 social link in his story mode, yet he still has Jiraiya. Also in the sound test, each P4 character has two lines saying their second tier Persona.
It's easier to think of it as a perception thing. It LOOKS like Jiraya and Kintoki-douji, and they're called that, but it's ACTUALLY
Takehaya Susanoo
and
Kamui-Moshiri.

Yeah, that makes me worry that she's just going to be dumped in without any story explanation whatsoever.
Unless, of course, she has an episode that takes place after the epilogue. If her DLC comes with epilogue skins for the IT... I don't think I could handle the awesome!

Just 'cos she's a DLC character it doesn't mean she won't have a solid role in the story. It might be because of her inclusion into the story that she is now a playable character. Who knows. Probably not and she'll just be tacked onto the end of Yu's story or something.

I like the idea of custom skins but Ark don't do that, right?

All the third tiers look stupid as balls imo

I agree with this.

They used their original Personas because they are the most iconic and well known. Half of the game seems to be made with it being a crossover fighter in mind--the other half is trying to be an actual sequel. The two halves are kind of at odds with each other in a few places, this being one of them.

Top Bottom