• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Kinda wish when they made P3 they made the auto AI just alittle smarter, I mean they use Single element attacks on groups where all enemies are weak to that type. Just sat through Akihiko spamming Ziodyne when he could've just ended it with one spell...

isn't there a specific command for your teammates to concentrate on knockdowns?

isn't there a specific command for your teammates to concentrate on knockdowns?
There is, but if the enemies have been scanned, the AI will only use single targeting spells to knock enemies down, even if it's the only enemy type on the field, no matter what command you set them to.

So, I haven't posted in this thread in forever.

First off, Persona 4 Weather will return to the iPhone by... the end of August, i hope. I'm rewriting it after learning a bunch doing side projects (my Neogaf app and some menubar applications for the Mac). I'll post it when it gets finished. And, there won't be an Android version. I can't ask for donations to get an Android device to test on, and I have no Android devices to test on, so there will never be an Android version. Sorry. Don't ask for it, please.

Secondly, just minutes ago, I finally finished Persona 2 - Innocent Sin! And, it sucked! Man, random battles in RPGs stink. Also, paper-thin characters, a nonsensical plot that jumps around all over the place in tone, and kind of boring music doesn't help. I will say that I do like the battle music, the piano stuff, and over world theme, and the ending is really sweet in how they all SPOILERS
meet again
. The whole
Hitler
stuff is so dumb, but on the strength of the ending, I'm ready to begin the march to Eternal Punishment... right after I resume Lunar Silver Star Story (I think I'm halfway through that game).

Lastly, it's a bummer that it sounds like the new anime isn't very good, and probably won't get a OVA dubbed version in English. And even if it was, all of the original voice actors seem to be dropping like flies. Which sucks because.......

...I'm trying to finish up my Persona 4: The Audiobook project, and it's built from a rip I made of the original Persona 4 voice work, and I think I'm in the minority at this point, but I loved Chie and Teddy in that game. I'm not sure how much production I'll put into it (i.e. background music), but I'm right up to the hospital setting. It's taken a while to sort through all of these audio files and figure out chapter markers.

So, yeah. I somehow got sucked back into Persona hard this month.

Wazzy

Banned
Max your academics and try to be the number one in your class. I think there's a girl who would love that.
That's Mitsuru right?
*cough* Yukari *cough* do it *cough*
I know but I kind of like her and Junpei D: I mean, I know nothing will happen between them but they're fun to watch.

She is one of my considerations for romancing, though.
Dude, don't choose. Listen to my friend Ash Ketchum when he says:

"GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL"
tumblr_m0r1s0wjxI1qjiqyp.jpg
:lol

I do want to max all dem social links :p

That's Mitsuru right?

Yes, she likes nerds. lol

But she is only available later in the game. You can prioritize the others first. But keep in mind that because of that she has less time than the others to max. Yukari isn't available in the beginning either, but she will become soon. A good tip is to always carry a Persona from the same arcana as your S. Link when you are hanging out with them it will increase your ranking faster. :)

Woot! Just realized I'm a member now!

cKKYRC1.png

Congrats, dude!

Now you are my senpai. Notice me sometimes, okay? lol

Nachos

Cabin in the woods, yeeeeeah~

It was very relaxing, but going without internet for a week was a bit of a bummer.
Cool. Even if there are plenty of distractions and sources of interest/entertainment to vie for your time at every possible moment, what with the internet being as connected as it is, it's always nice to disconnect from it all once in a while. Sounds like it was pretty fun.

...I'm trying to finish up my Persona 4: The Audiobook project, and it's built from a rip I made of the original Persona 4 voice work, and I think I'm in the minority at this point, but I loved Chie and Teddy in that game. I'm not sure how much production I'll put into it (i.e. background music), but I'm right up to the hospital setting. It's taken a while to sort through all of these audio files and figure out chapter markers.

So, yeah. I somehow got sucked back into Persona hard this month.
Could you tell me more about that? I imagine it'd be pretty hard to do – or at least tricky – without any actual sources of narration. When you say hospital, are you talking about the Devil social link, or are you talking about the scene later in the main story? Sounds like it could be pretty cool, either way.

Woot! Just realized I'm a member now!

cKKYRC1.png
Anyone got that NeoGAF social link image?

Cool. Even if there are plenty of distractions and sources of interest/entertainment to vie for your time at every possible moment, what with the internet being as connected as it is, it's always nice to disconnect from it all once in a while. Sounds like it was pretty fun.

Could you tell me more about that? I imagine it'd be pretty hard to do – or at least tricky – without any actual sources of narration. When you say hospital, are you talking about the Devil social link, or are you talking about the scene later in the main story? Sounds like it could be pretty cool, either way.

Anyone got that NeoGAF social link image?

Spoilers, I guess.
I mean, I'm at the scenes where Nanako is in the hospital and we're investigating it.

Yeah, it's been a slow, long pain. I have no idea when I'll finish it.

Dantis

So based on the fact that P4D is seemingly nowhere to be seen, what do we think is happening with it? Is everyone just assuming that it'll be shown soon but immediately (like in mid to late August) or does anyone think it's been delayed.

If I import it (which I likely will do), I think I'll make a Japanese import OT for it too.

So based on the fact that P4D is seemingly nowhere to be seen, what do we think is happening with it? Is everyone just assuming that it'll be shown soon but immediately (like in mid to late August) or does anyone think it's been delayed.

I wasn't expecting to see any info or trailers till right before the release so my thought hasn't changed. The only thing that might sway me towards a delay is that it was taken of the main page on p-ch.jp

If I import it (which I likely will do), I think I'll make a Japanese import OT for it too.

Shouldn't someone who has a history with Dingo/JP rhythm games do the import thread? It will be alot harder for someone who doesn't know them to translate and understand everything, not that I know who these people would be though.

It's an unusual situation really, I don't think that when atlus announced these games back in November that they realised just how big of a task was at hand.

Pushing out 4 games in approximately a year is a big ask, even with 4 different development teams working on them.

The only thing I can think as to why DAN isn't being promoted yet is because it just isn't ready yet. I imagine that it will get the same level of promotion as Q and Ultimax did, but i just don't think it's at the stage yet where it can be cleanly shown.

Plus it's kinda hard to promote a rythym game, I can imagine character trailers coming for it eventually so we can see the new designs, but i wouldn't want too many song trailers. I would want to hear the music for the first time when I play the game. Also, I don't think there will be mechanics trailers like Q since its just tapping buttons to a beat (to put it extremely basically).

All in all, I think it's a case of good things come to those who wait, and I think we'll be waiting a little longer than originally anticipated, but it'll be soooo worth it.

Dantis

Shouldn't someone who has a history with Dingo/JP rhythm games do the import thread? It will be alot harder for someone who doesn't know them to translate and understand everything, not that I know who these people would be though.

Hmm, maybe you're right. I'll let someone else do the Japanese one then.

I really hope we hear something about it soon.

FluxWaveZ

Won't find the P4D situation too abnormal until we hit September. I already thought that if it were to release in December, it would start being promoted in mid-August if it were to match the P4AU situation exactly, and that's not taking into account what was stated above like how P4D probably won't be promoted the same way as PQ or P4AU because of its genre/nature.

The only thing I can think as to why DAN isn't being promoted yet is because it just isn't ready yet. I imagine that it will get the same level of promotion as Q and Ultimax did, but i just don't think it's at the stage yet where it can be cleanly shown.

Dingo are releasing their Love Live game mid-late August, arguably a larger franchise for them, I could see most of their assets and time being put into that till the the game is released. Also they said the game was near completion back in Nov 2013 "“Persona 4: Dancing All Night, too, is pretty much done for the most part, but we’re about to make more dances and events for it,” continues Hashino."

Plus it's kinda hard to promote a rythym game, I can imagine character trailers coming for it eventually so we can see the new designs, but i wouldn't want too many song trailers. I would want to hear the music for the first time when I play the game. Also, I don't think there will be mechanics trailers like Q since its just tapping buttons to a beat (to put it extremely basically).

This I agree with which is why I'm not expecting trailers till much closer to the release.

Hmm, maybe you're right. I'll let someone else do the Japanese one then.

I really hope we hear something about it soon.

If no one else is doing it though, you might aswell.

Dantis

I guess the 'more events' thing refers to the story mode? I hope it's beefy.

Speaking of story mode, anyone have any idea what the dialogue here says? I've never seen anyone translate it:

iZh0b94.jpg

I guess the 'more events' thing refers to the story mode? I hope it's beefy.

Speaking of story mode, anyone have any idea what the dialogue here says? I've never seen anyone translate it:

iZh0b94.jpg

Using the google translate photo app thing on my phone it says something around the lines of "Oh, 4 members of Kanamin Kitchen apparently have been missing"

Take that as light as possible, as we all know how great Google Translate can be.

Setsu00

Using the google translate photo app thing on my phone it says something around the lines of "Oh, 4 members of Kanamin Kitchen apparently have been missing"

Take that as light as possible, as we all know how great Google Translate can be.

It's pretty accurate, though.

"Oh, the four members of Kanamin Kitchen have all disappeared."

I can confirm the first part. Not sure what it means with kitchen though.

Don't quote understand the verb of the second sentence, but th he the first four kanji mean something like "nuclear whereabouts", so Google translation was right.

Never thought I'd say that.

Setsu00

I can confirm the first part. Not sure what it means with kitchen though.

Don't quote understand the verb of the second sentence, but th he the first four kanji mean something like "nuclear whereabouts", so Google translation was right.

Never thought I'd say that.

行方不明 (yukue fumei) = missing

The second part of the verb is actually a form of "naru" that is used when something happens to someone without their consent - that might not be the best explanation, however. It's an expression that is used when you have no control over the situation.

行方不明 (yukue fumei) = missing

The second part of the verb is actually a form of "naru" that is used when something happens to someone without their consent - that might not be the best explanation, however. It's an expression that is used when you have no control over the situation.
Thanks for the explanation :D I thought it was なる but I had never seen it that way.

Kanami Mashita (the new character) nickname is Kanamin, and they all dress in diner outfits.
But yes, it's a pretty bad name.
Yeah, I was referring to the kitchen part in particular, I knew her name. I mean, it makes sense, but it's still bad.

Yeah, I was referring to the kitchen part in particular, I knew her name. I mean, it makes sense, but it's still bad.

It's kinda hard to come up with a group name with a K though.

Other choices could have been;

Kanamin Klassroom, teachers and schoolgirls

Kanamin Korporation, business style

Or Kanamin Kombat, where they all dress up as Scorpion and Sub-Zero

Dancing All Night is literally going to have the stupidest story ever.

Yep, and it's going to be Awesome!

Dantis

It's kinda hard to come up with a group name with a K though.

Other choices could have been;

Kanamin Klassroom, teachers and schoolgirls

Kanamin Korporation, business style

Kanamin's Kitchen sound super J pop to me, so I'm fine with it.

If the Investigation Team don't form their own dance troupe, I will be very disappointed.

We need to get Ed Boon in contact with Hashino.

Kanamin's Kitchen sound super J pop to me, so I'm fine with it.

If the Investigation Team don't form their own dance troupe, I will be very disappointed.

Dance troupe...so western. I think you mean Idol unit :V

I hope they do form some sort of group, name speculation incoming!

Dantis

This reminds me that Soejima was announced as the character designer for Persona 5, but not as the art director for P5. I wonder whether someone else is doing the art direction this time.

Eh? Are you sure? I thought they'd announced him as the art director too.

Time to go investigate.

EDIT: Hmm. You're right. It just says he'll 'reprise his role as character designer'.

If the outcome of all these spinoffs is that Soejima is no longer the art director on any of them, that would actually be really bad. I don't think it will be the case though.

Setsu00

Eh? Are you sure? I thought they'd announced him as the art director too.

Time to go investigate.

Yep, both the Japanese and the English trailer say that he's the character designer.

EDIT: Hmm. You're right. It just says he'll 'reprise his role as character designer'.

If the outcome of all these spinoffs is that Soejima is no longer the art director on any of them, that would actually be really bad. I don't think it will be the case though.

To be fair, I think that P5's trailer has Soejima's signature style all over it.

But yeah, I agree with that. Soejima's art direction is one reason why I enjoy P3 and P4 (and Catherine) a lot more than any of the spin offs. The other reason would be Hashino.

Why would it be bad?

I don't either, I just think Character Designer is better sounding and probably appeals alot more to people.

But yeah, I agree with that. Soejima's art direction is one reason why I enjoy P3 and P4 (and Catherine) a lot more than any of the spin offs. The other reason would be Hashino.

My only fear of keep the same art direction is how relatable the new work is to the old.

Dantis

Yup. I feel exactly the same way. The core Persona Team is the reason I care about the franchise, and Hashino, Soejima and Meguro are a kind of super group when it comes to creative direction.

Why would it be bad?

I don't either, I just think Character Designer is better sounding and probably appeals alot more to people.

I think (and hope) that this is correct.

Also, it would be bad because Soejima's art direction is one of the things I care about most in the series. and it's generally very obvious when he hasn't directed the art on a project (Arena, for example).

If, through some weird set of circumstances, Atlus came to me and said "Dan, we have to choose between going ahead with Arena, PQ and P4D or having Soejima do the art direction for Persona 5, which should we do?", then I wouldn't even bat an eyelid.

I just hope that hilarious announcer from the trailer is in the real game. Even in the english version.

That would be hilarious, but there's no chance. I think they'll get Patrick Seitz back again, like on Arena.

Top Bottom