• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

I feel like there is zero chance and zero reason for P4D to have dual audio.

I bet you it's English only.
On top of that I think it's unlikely it will be dual-audio mostly because none of the other Persona game have been. This one will be no different I assume.

Caladrius

There is a 199% chance that the music is JP Audio(As if the singers didn't use Engrish to begin with) and cutscenes are dubbed. DA chance could go either way, though I think ATLUS will probably conserve effort and do dub-only.

They might just translate menus and dialogue text. Keep everything else Japanese. No idea if this game will even have character audio.

I can't imagine them half-assing it like that. They could have done it with persona Q like the etrian odyssey way (main dialogue voiced but definitely not all of it), but by the sounds of it they voiced the entire thing.

Plus, if arena showed us anything it's that they will voice act any character dialogue, regardless of how much there is.
internal monologues not withstanding

Also, the story probably ain't going to be on the same scale of any of the other persona games, so it won't be as much work as previous titles.

Setsu00

I can't imagine them half-assing it like that. They could have done it with persona Q like the etrian odyssey way (main dialogue voiced but definitely not all of it), but by the sounds of it they voiced the entire thing.

Plus, if arena showed us anything it's that they will voice act any character dialogue, regardless of how much there is.
internal monologues not withstanding

Also, the story probably ain't going to be on the same scale of any of the other persona games, so it won't be as much work as previous titles.

Q isn't fully voiced.

Q isn't fully voiced.

Any proof of that?

Chances are I got a couple quotes mixed round in my head about localisation and voice acting. One of them mentioned the scale of it but I can't recall which.

Edit. By fully voiced I meant in the same way that P4 is. Not counting the miniscule unimportant stuff.

Meia

Any proof of that?

Chances are I got a couple quotes mixed round in my head about localisation and voice acting. One of them mentioned the scale of it but I can't recall which.

Edit. By fully voiced I meant in the same way that P4 is. Not counting the miniscule unimportant stuff.

Yeah, if I had to guess, the stuff that may or may not happen probably won't be voiced(aka the mid-dungeon banter depending on who you have with you at the time).

Levito

Banned
The those Persona 4 Ultimax avatars sure look a lot like the Persona Q models

M74lNSg.jpg

LX_Theo

Banned
I feel like there is zero chance and zero reason for P4D to have dual audio.

I bet you it's English only.
You think? I just feel as though the music game with lyrics in both languages is more likely to have dual audio than the others.

My stance is more likely mind you. Not that it will be.

Would there be a chance of an Ultimax x PQ DLC crossover pack with these models for Persona Q? Because that's the first thing that came to my mind.

So based on the fact that P4D is seemingly nowhere to be seen, what do we think is happening with it? Is everyone just assuming that it'll be shown soon but immediately (like in mid to late August) or does anyone think it's been delayed.

If I import it (which I likely will do), I think I'll make a Japanese import OT for it too.

I thought they cancelled it in lieu of Rise's dancing super in Ultimax being "close enough."

I hope we hear from it soon.

Setsu00

Any proof of that?

I'm not sure how to prove that parts of the game are not voiced without linking you to videos of said scenes, sorry. The major story seems to be fully voiced, but some side stories are not.

Dantis

I'm not sure how to prove that parts of the game are not voiced without linking you to videos of said scenes, sorry. The major story seems to be fully voiced, but some side stories are not.

This seems obvious to me. 3DS cartridges probably wouldn't even have the capacity for full voice over. I imagine this is a somewhat dialogue-heavy game.

Setsu00

This seems obvious to me. 3DS cartridges probably wouldn't even have the capacity for full voice over. I imagine this is a somewhat dialogue-heavy game.

I know it's obvious, but I wanted to clear that up in case anyone went into the game expecting each and every line to have voice acting.

FluxWaveZ

This reminds me that Soejima was announced as the character designer for Persona 5, but not as the art director for P5. I wonder whether someone else is doing the art direction this time.

The Catherine preview trailer presented Soejima the exact same way: just as the character designer. Evidently, he was also the art director for the project.

It's interesting how difficult it is to find certain Atlus related, really specific information, especially going back before 2007; even the Megami Tensei Wikia doesn't have it all. It's exactly why I created my website to archive all of that info—whether small or large—in one place.

So, one thing I was trying to find was precise evidence that Catherine was slated for a winter 2010 release, and I got it through this (Famitsu?) ad:

Not only that, but obviously all of their PR was about "Winter 2010" after it was unveiled until the February 2011 release date was announced later on, much to many people's confusion as to "what happened to 'winter 2010?'" (see: comments of that article). Familiar situation, isn't it.

Edit: Other stuff I was trying to look at and connect together, but couldn't find enough info to do so, was the Bloomberg report of December 2007 about Persona 4 before it was officially announced, and this seemingly false quote that was going around in 2007: "Atlus revealed that a new installment of Persona is in development for PS3, the game will be revealed after Tokyo Game Show is over."

Dantis

I know it's obvious, but I wanted to clear that up in case anyone went into the game expecting each and every line to have voice acting.

Oh, I wasn't taking a shot at you! I meant that evidence probably isn't even necessary, because I'm not convinced that full voice acting would even be possible.

The Catherine preview trailer presented Soejima the exact same way: just as the character designer. Evidently, he was also the art director for the project.

It's interesting how difficult it is to find certain Atlus related, really specific information, especially going back before 2007; even the Megami Tensei Wikia doesn't have it all. It's exactly why I created my website to archive all of that info—whether small or large—in one place.

So, one thing I was trying to find was precise evidence that Catherine was slated for a winter 2010 release, and I got it through this (Famitsu?) ad:

Not only that, but obviously all of their PR was about "Winter 2010" after it was unveiled until the February 2011 release date was announced later on, much to many people's confusion as to "what happened to 'winter 2010?'" (see: comments of that article). Familiar situation, isn't it.

Edit: Other stuff I was trying to look at and connect together, but couldn't find enough info to do so, was the Bloomberg report of December 2007 about Persona 4 before it was officially announced, and this seemingly false quote that was going around in 2007: "Atlus revealed that a new installment of Persona is in development for PS3, the game will be revealed after Tokyo Game Show is over."

Okay, this is actually really interesting.

It'd be pretty cool if DAN had Laura Bailey singing again.

Heck yeah it would!

I am always up for Laura Bailey singing. Those were my favourite parts in Saints row the third and IV.

What's your website?

FluxWaveZ

Dude, what?

Since when has this site been a thing? Why haven't you told us about it? Is HasPersona5Beenannounced still alive?

In any case, I'm psyched that there's a site that's constantly on top of accurate Persona news.

I think Persona Central has officially been a thing since early June 2014. I haven't really promoted it other than linking it when it was necessary 'cause I've never been much for self-promotion (e.g. I didn't post my Twitter handle back when that was happening). IsPersona5Announced was a funny thing, but the game actually got announced a bit after I created it, so I decided to transform it into an actual news website instead of hiding it behind the "joke" front-end.

Setsu00

Cool. Thanks for digging that up!

Oh, I wasn't taking a shot at you! I meant that evidence probably isn't even necessary, because I'm not convinced that full voice acting would even be possible.

I'm not mad at all, really! It's just that I'm sometimes bad with words :D.

Sophia

I think Persona Central has officially been a thing since early June 2014. I haven't really promoted it other than linking it when it was necessary 'cause I've never been much for self-promotion (e.g. I didn't post my Twitter handle back when that was happening). IsPersona5Announced was a funny thing, but the game actually got announced a bit after I created it, so I decided to transform it into an actual news website instead of hiding it behind the "joke" front-end.

I just added it to my RSS reader. You should promote it more. This is highly useful.

i added personacentral to my bookmarks a week or so ago. Its a good site. It explains why Flux know's so much when it comes to the latest news. :p

Dantis, I think you should add the site to the frontpage.

Top Bottom