• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

PK Gaming

I think Persona Central has officially been a thing since early June 2014. I haven't really promoted it other than linking it when it was necessary 'cause I've never been much for self-promotion (e.g. I didn't post my Twitter handle back when that was happening). IsPersona5Announced was a funny thing, but the game actually got announced a bit after I created it, so I decided to transform it into an actual news website instead of hiding it behind the "joke" front-end.

kay-crossed(c).gif

I'm going to have to agree the others, this is something that should definitely be promoted (otherwise, what's the point of going to such great lengths to track news?!?)

Dantis, can you add this site to the OP?

Now I'm feeling kinda amused to be the only one who already knew about Flux's site. lol

He openly linked the site in the OT5 when we were discussing P4AU. You guys just didn't notice it seems. Check post #18392 at page 368 of the OT5 thread.

Lemstar

Now I'm feeling kinda amused to be the only one who already knew about Flux's site. lol

He openly linked the site in the OT5 when we were discussing P4AU. You guys just didn't notice it seems. Check post #18392 at page 368 of the OT5 thread.
are you surprised that people don't read

Moonlight

Banned

He openly linked the site in the OT5 when we were discussing Persona news. You guys just didn't notice it seems. Check post #18392 at page 368 of the OT5 thread.
5%28124%29.png

Better late than never?

are you surprised that people don't read

Actually I assumed that you guys already knew back then since no one seemed to be surprised and Flux linked his site like it was no big deal... lol

But yeah, It's normal to not read every discussion. It's too many things to read.

I also knew about Flux's website, I think he posted it in this thread or I found it while searching for Persona info. :p
Congrats! ^__^
Congrats! ^_^
Thanks!
Congrats, dude!

Now you are my senpai. Notice me sometimes, okay? lol
Haha sure! Also nice avatar!
No DanganRonpa sprite? O:
ace attorney dangan ronpa oh no pandemonium
where's Jojo

FluxWaveZ

Whoa, way more attention than I'm used to getting for anything I've done.

I'm going to have to agree the others, this is something that should definitely be promoted (otherwise, what's the point of going to such great lengths to track news?!?)

Heh, well I really just created the website because I'm obsessed with Persona and obsessed with news, so it seemed like a fun thing to do. I really intended it to just be something I'd update as regularly as I could and that I could personally check to refer to previous Persona news.

That's pretty much why I wasn't openly bringing it up, but it's awesome that other people could find a use for it as well.

I was just going to ask if he wanted me to do this, actually.

Oh, sure, that'd be cool. If members of this community and Persona fans find it to be a useful resource to check news like I'm designing it to be, it'd let more people check it out and stay up to date with recent Persona news (and check out anything that happened since it originated in late-June 2013). I haven't implemented ads or anything on it, so I'm not making any financial profit out of it (though, annoyingly, Wordpress will still push out ads from it on certain browsers for their benefit).

Andrefpvs

My PSN account is European. It's actually more expensive there and I've never seen it get a sale.

If I can find a physical version for under €32, I'll get it.

Style

Banned
You can't kill the Metal, even in Persona form it seems.

On that note, the idea of context-based music for battles started running in my head.

Do you mean like the music in Metal Gear Rising? That would be awesome and would make for some exciting boss battles. I generally wonder how much they will change the formula for Persona 5.

Sophia

Do you mean like the music in Metal Gear Rising? That would be awesome and would make for some exciting boss battles. I generally wonder how much they will change the formula for Persona 5.

Yeah. Xenoblade used it too. I guess it's more fitting for action games, but the concept is pretty cool and I like to see it.

FluxWaveZ

On that note, the idea of context-based music for battles started running in my head.

I've had that thought ever since The Genesis in Persona 4. It actually felt inappropriate that there would be a gradual build-up to
the Reach Out To The Truth remix
, even if one wasn't half-way through the battle. It might have been too much effort, but I thought it would have been better had that part of the song only kicked in when victory was in sight; perhaps dividing the song into two phases based on the boss' health.

Definitely a cool idea, though I won't be that disappointed if Persona 5 doesn't feature it.

Caladrius

I've had that thought ever since The Genesis in Persona 4. It actually felt inappropriate that there would be a gradual build-up to
the Reach Out To The Truth remix
, even if one wasn't half-way through the battle. It might have been too much effort, but I thought it would have been better had that part of the song only kicked in when victory was in sight; perhaps dividing the song into two phases based on the boss' health.

Definitely a cool idea, though I won't be that disappointed if Persona 5 doesn't feature it.

It'd be interesting to see how they would tackle that.

I think the most practical way to do it in the case of a boss would be to add additional instrument tracks as the Boss's health reached certain percentages.

What are the chances of this happening in P4D?

Junpei and Yu would make great swing dance partners.

Japan's Junpei vendetta tragically makes this impossible.

arue

What are the chances of this happening in P4D?

Junpei and Yu would make great swing dance partners.

...Is Junpei lifting Yu up or the other way around?

In regards to the context-based music, I'd love if P5's final boss song has (possibly P3 and P4 endgame music spoiler?)
a slow buildup to the remix of the opening song. It's like a combination of P3's Burn My Dread Last Battle and P4's The Genesis.

Top Bottom