• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

FluxWaveZ

Yo, people: as a friend of Neni's (though not the 'friend' in question), she's not saying she has insider info, nor is she trying to make it seem like she does. When she said she heard from a friend, she means she heard from a friend who's been watching the P4U2 livestreams and thought s/he heard something about two DLC characters. She's in no way saying or trying to say she's certain there's more characters to be found.

Her exact words:

Precisely, thanks for clarifying. It was too harsh of me to assume anyone was lying, though, but thinking that anything about it could be reliable would just be nonsensical. I don't think anyone here hates her, and most took her word with a grain of salt like Rocksxp advised so it's not as though she did anything wrong.

Marche90

People in this thread seriously needs to relax when it comes to the words "leak"

Just take them with the appropiate grain of salt and move on. Stop going at each other's throats

*sigh*

^And this. Really guys.

Its all good GSR, its just the nature of the internet beast when it comes to things they like. Sorry this happened to her!

Nachos

Yo, people: as a friend of Neni's (though not the 'friend' in question), she's not saying she has insider info, nor is she trying to make it seem like she does. When she said she heard from a friend, she means she heard from a friend who's been watching the P4U2 livestreams and thought s/he heard something about two DLC characters. She's in no way saying or trying to say she's certain there's more characters to be announced.

Her exact words:

Thanks, GSR. This has really gotten out of hand. Who is yu-are-foolish, anyway?

LX_Theo

Banned
Lesson: Always treat supposed leaks with calm, respectful skepticism. Never know what the reality is when we get some vague set of information.

GSR

Thanks, GSR. This has really gotten out of hand. Who is yu-are-foolish, anyway?

I dunno - might just be someone from the Persona side of Tumblr, not a GAFfer (it sounds like they don't realize you can't immediately sign up and post on GAF.)

But yeah, moral of the story, be wary with leaks. This isn't Sumaru City - repeating hopes for another character won't make it happen.

The only Persona games I've played are Innocent Sin and half of Eternal Punishment, currently in progress.

Maya for P4U2 or bust

LX_Theo

Banned
I dunno - might just be someone from the Persona side of Tumblr, not a GAFfer (it sounds like they don't realize you can't immediately sign up and post on GAF.)

But yeah, moral of the story, be wary with leaks. This isn't Sumaru City - repeating hopes for another character won't make it happen.

The only Persona games I've played is Innocent Sin and I'm halfway through Eternal Punishment.

Maya for P4U2 or bust

Lisa puts Maya to shame. :p

Nachos

The only Persona games I've played are Innocent Sin and half of Eternal Punishment, currently in progress.

Maya for P4U2 or bust

It's just weird to think that there are plenty of people eyeing this thread without bothering to register. At least in that case, they'd then know about the approval period. It's even weirder that someone would then bring it up to her, seemingly without having any idea of how GAF works.

Also, good taste.

I wonder what it is about P4AU that makes PGAF so animated. This amount of speculation/content dissection/arguing didn't happen with PQ up to it's release.

Bravo to Atlus on generating this much hype for a sequel.

GSR

Lisa puts Maya to shame. :p

I don't go in for waifu wars but I'll fight ya I swear on me mum

(It's actually just really refreshing playing an RPG with a female, self-supported main character in a modern setting.)

There's a high chance that there'll eventually be another PQ.

There is absolutely no chance it will feature P1 and P2 characters.

As someone who's only played P2 and isn't all that interested in P3/P4's high school sim focus, I'm disappointed that P1 and P2 seem to have been erased from later games, especially with all these crossover things going on.

Though from my random wiki trawling, doesn't P3 take place a decade after P2 or something? And then P4 a few years after that? So Atlus might not want to deal with designing adult versions of all the characters, or find it difficult to slot them into the high school setting.

Though from my random wiki trawling, doesn't P3 take place a decade after P2 or something? And then P4 a few years after that? So Atlus might not want to deal with designing adult versions of all the characters, or find it difficult to slot them into the high school setting.
They haven't been erased from timeline. Some characters are mentioned in a TV program in P3 where they talk about what are they doing now in life. And there's this pic in P4A:

shadowoperatives.png

So some of them are working with the Shadow Operatives apparently.

Hey guys, I'm back from my vacation!

Pretty cool that Marie and maybe Large Marge will be playable in Ultimax; I'm especially looking forward to seeing what they do with the former's moveset. I can't believe that they've more than doubled the roster of playable characters between games!

Nachos

Yeah, there are even connections between the Nanjo group of 1/2 and the Kirijo group of 3. Then, there's also this:

They haven't been erased from timeline. Some characters are mentioned in a TV program in P3 where they talk about what are they doing now in life. And there's this pic in P4A:

shadowoperatives.png

I'm going to be disappointed if that buildup doesn't lead to a P1/P2 connection.

Pretty cool that Marie and maybe Large Marge will be playable in Ultimax; I'm especially looking forward to seeing what they do with the former's moveset. I can't believe that they've more than doubled the roster of playable characters between games!
Nice. Where'd you go?

21-P3P-00130.png

I don't think we have talked before, so nice to meet you I guess? :p

FluxWaveZ

P-Studio just has bad taste, or the Persona fanbase just have bad taste, it can't be helped!

lLshfqk.jpg

As someone who's only played P2 and isn't all that interested in P3/P4's high school sim focus, I'm disappointed that P1 and P2 seem to have been erased from later games, especially with all these crossover things going on.

P1 and P2 have a few references here and there in P3/P4 but, yeah, they don't have a big place in those games. I don't really think they need to, though, since in the entire series, it's really only P1 and P2 that have been closely connected in terms of mainline games. Where the P1 and P2 frustration comes from for some is with all of these spin-off games as of late where they have practically zero presence, which I can understand.

I suppose having to redesign some of the characters because of the timeline could be an issue (hadn't thought of that before), but they did do that with most of the P3 characters in Persona 4 Arena (which takes place 3 years after Persona 3). It'd have to be a more dramatic change, though, sure.

Even though the P2 cast is among my favorite of the games, I'm alright with them being left to rest.

GSR

Yeah, there are even connections between the Nanjo group of 1/2 and the Kirijo group of 3. Then, there's also this:

I'm going to be disappointed if that buildup doesn't lead to a P1/P2 connection.

Right - I didn't mean to say there was absolutely no connection, just that after P2 was packed with P1 stuff and there's these P3/P4 crossovers there seems to be a much harder break between [P1/P2] and [P3/P4] than within these pairs.

Though that's some Amigara Fault anatomy in the P4A pic.

Okay so I just beat the mirror boss. I still need to figure out the social links available and which to focus on.

I've completed Kenji and Kazushi and I've started Yuka, Chihiro, student council guy and photography guy.

I was reading in the original you can reverse links if you work on too many girls at once. Does that still apply to P3P?

Make sure to play the MMORPG that Junpei gives you when you get the chance. One of the best S. Links in the game. Also make sure to get drink lots of pheromone coffee so you can do Yukari's.

Dugna

wait.....if they really are in the shadow operatives....why can't they be in P4U2 I mean I don't remember them losing their persona ability.

LX_Theo

Banned
Lisa Silvermaya confirmed.
For Smash

As Makoto's Final Smash

wait.....if they really are in the shadow operatives....why can't they be in P4U2 I mean I don't remember them losing their persona ability.

Because Atlus prefers to showcase and use the characters from the games in the series that their fanbase has actually played. Not to mention them being in the shadow operatives is at best a vague reference for diehard fans that they'll never confirm.

FluxWaveZ

It's all speculation. When it was shown, it was really only possible to tell Mitsuru, Junpei and possibly Yukari from it. We still don't know who all of the people in that image might be other than all of the Shadow Ops we know of right now, and we never might.

Buddha does any fighter have an Elly alt color?

Not Buddha, but Shadow Labrys.

^Yup, S-Lab has Elly in the JP version of P4A and all versions of P4AU

I still implore P1/2 fans to give P3/4 a shot and P3/4 fans to give P1/2 a shot

P1 and P2 have a few references here and there in P3/P4 but, yeah, they don't have a big place in those games. I don't really think they need to, though, since in the entire series, it's really only P1 and P2 that have been closely connected in terms of mainline games.
Right - I didn't mean to say there was absolutely no connection, just that after P2 was packed with P1 stuff and there's these P3/P4 crossovers there seems to be a much harder break between [P1/P2] and [P3/P4] than within these pairs.
You know, for some reason I really like how P1-P2/P3-P4 are connected between each other in pairs. So when P5 releases, I'm hoping that they don't any crossovers with P3-P4 (but knowing ATLUS, they prob will) and instead wait for P6.

As Makoto's Final Smash

I like the cut of your jib.

Because Atlus prefers to showcase and use the characters from the games in the series that their fanbase has actually played. Not to mention them being in the shadow operatives is at best a vague reference for diehard fans that they'll never confirm.

You know, I wonder if it would ever be viable to remake P1 and 2 with the 3/4 combat system? That'd draw fans. I dunno. Maybe on their downtime after P5.

FluxWaveZ

You know, I wonder if it would ever be viable to remake P1 and 2 with the 3/4 combat system? That'd draw fans. I dunno. Maybe on their downtime after P5.

No one would care (figuratively). Seriously, it'd be their lowest selling Persona games in recent times unless they revamped the entire thing, and at that point they could just focus the effort on Persona 6.

LX_Theo

Banned

Maybe. Though, I think if they're going to build a game from the ground up to that extent, they seem like they'd prefer to go all in and make a completely original experience. I mean, that's essentially what they did for P4. Use the assets there to churn out a fresh experience. Doing that for P1 or P2 would essentially be the same thing (in terms of how much work they'd have to put in), except they would be remaking games instead of making a new one.

Okay so I just beat the mirror boss. I still need to figure out the social links available and which to focus on.

I've completed Kenji and Kazushi and I've started Yuka, Chihiro, student council guy and photography guy.

I was reading in the original you can reverse links if you work on too many girls at once. Does that still apply to P3P?

Max your academics and try to be the number one in your class. I think there's a girl who would love that.

Her exactly words:

Oh boy, half that thread sound like they hate me now…

Don't worry Neni, I don't hate you. :D

Come join us! ;)

PK Gaming

I don't go in for waifu wars but I'll fight ya I swear on me mum

(It's actually just really refreshing playing an RPG with a female, self-supported main character in a modern setting.)

You should probably look into playing the modern Persona games for their excellent character to character interactions. Since you're an Ace Attorney aficionado (plus you've dabbled in DanganRonpa right?), i'm sure you'll find them enjoyable (since the characters play off each other so well.)

And if you're looking for a solid female protagonist, Persona 3's FeMC is definitely worth checking out.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
I'm trying to decipher the lyrics of the P4G anime opening, seems to reinforce the idea that it's New Game Plus the Animation.

He's standing right in your shoes and you feel like you're in his too.
One day he showed up right next to you, how strange that you should only notice now.
The hero you know is gone, just the memory of a past life.
He's back in full force(?). He's leading the way, has something changed?
Blah blah blah
Grab your next chance to become whatever you want.
The next chance to move on.
The next chance to find out where you belong.

Not sure if this has already been pointed out, but it's really clever imo
Also the song's really catchy

I still haven't decided on who to romance because I was thinking of leaving main parties alone but I might as well max the social link.

*cough* Yukari *cough* do it *cough*

Dugna

Kinda wish when they made P3 they made the auto AI just alittle smarter, I mean they use Single element attacks on groups where all enemies are weak to that type. Just sat through Akihiko spamming Ziodyne when he could've just ended it with one spell...

Wazzy

Banned
I don't think so, no.
Cool. Thanks!
Make sure to play the MMORPG that Junpei gives you when you get the chance. One of the best S. Links in the game. Also make sure to get drink lots of pheromone coffee so you can do Yukari's.

I started the MMORPG so it's at level 1! and yeah I've been drinking coffee to raise charm which I now assume is what you need for Yukari.

Thanks! I still haven't decided on who to romance because I was thinking of leaving main parties alone but I might as well max the social link.

I was considering Yukari or Mitsuru but I kind of like the things going on between Yukari/Junpei and Mitsuru/ Akihiko :p

I'm trying to decipher the lyrics of the P4G anime opening, seems to reinforce the idea that it's New Game Plus the Animation.

He's standing right in his shoes and you feel like you're in his too.
One day he showed up right next to you, how strange that you should only notice now.
The hero you know is gone, just the memory of a past life.
He's back in full force(?). He's leading the way, has something changed?

Not sure if this has already been pointed out, but it's really clever imo
Also the song's really catchy

Nice job!

Speaking of which. I want a P1/P2/P3 anime so bad. :(

Thanks! I still haven't decided on who to romance because I was thinking of leaving main parties alone but I might as well max the social link.

Dude, don't choose. Listen to my friend Ash Ketchum when he says:

"GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL"
tumblr_m0r1s0wjxI1qjiqyp.jpg

Top Bottom