• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

kewlmyc

Nothing's been announced. If there was, I'd be shocked if it was for this year.

It's not an annual thing.

Oh. I know there have been concerts for the last two years, so I thought it was an annual thing.

Seems weird not to have one this year since they have a movie, an anime, and two new games worth of music by this fall. They're probably too busy for the exact reason I just listed.

Quick, PersonaGAF:What's your instrument? We're going to make this happen.

I played the Alto Sax for 7 years.

Hey guys, anybody want a Destiny Beta code? I got an extra PS4 and PS3 one. I wanted to offer to PGAF before heading over to the Beta thread just in case somebody here didn't get in.

Guitar and bass and piano! Wait, what's going on? :)

is_mayonnaise_an_instrument__by_cantseemyforeheadplz-d5ck0p7.jpg

Gazoinks

I feel like we've got the makings of a sweet jazz band in here.

I play flute, guitar, and piano, but have slacked off on practicing recently. :p

kewlmyc

If the Investigation Team could become a functional band within a week with members like Yukiko and Teddie, we should be playing at gigs by the weekend.

Caladrius

Oh. I know there have been concerts for the last two years, so I thought it was an annual thing.

Seems weird not to have one this year since they have a movie, an anime, and two new games worth of music by this fall. They're probably too busy for the exact reason I just listed.

I played the Alto Sax for 7 years.

Give me the vocals, I don't play any instruments. lol

I played Trombone for 8 years or so.

I played the trumpet for 5 years.

Hey guys, anybody want a Destiny Beta code? I got an extra PS4 and PS3 one. I wanted to offer to PGAF before heading over to the Beta thread just in case somebody here didn't get in.

Guitar and bass and piano! Wait, what's going on? :)

Can blast beat on drums, let's do this.

piano for a couple of years.

Vuvuzela

No really, it's the only instrument I own. No regrets.
I used to play the Baritone back in elementary school

Bass guitar - 6 years.

Who is it in the games that plays that?

Oh yeah........YEAH!

I played the saxophone during jr. high & high school for band.

I can play the timpani as well lol.

Excellent, our Neoclassical-Jazz-Black Metal orchestra will drive the crowd wild.

If you make weird slurping noises while eating it, yes.

If the Investigation Team could become a functional band within a week with members like Yukiko and Teddie, we should be playing at gigs by the weekend.

Good, Persona Music Live 2014 is in 3 days.

If I don't deliver the Yakuza are having my head on a silver platter.

Excellent, our Neoclassical-Jazz-Black Metal orchestra will drive the crowd wild.

If you make weird slurping noises while eating it, yes.

Good, Persona Music Live 2014 is in 3 days.

If I don't deliver the Yakuza are having my head on a silver platter.

LOL holy crap XD I forgot to mention that I'm kind of terrible, I did sing/compose this shit after all: https://soundcloud.com/followarmada/the-apple-song

Ill take the ps3 one if noone has already claimed it. Thanks dude.

Pm if still available.

PM'd!

Dugna

speaking of Persona Q....aren't we going to hear two yosukes basically because of who Makoto's Dubbed VA is. I mean it'll be like Yu and Makoto are old buds.

Nachos

speaking of Persona Q....aren't we going to hear two yosukes basically because of who Makoto's Dubbed VA is. I mean it'll be like Yu and Makoto are old buds.

Yeah, that's been brought up before. Someone should hit up Yuri on Twitter to see who's he's voicing. Hopefully he can say, now that some of the actors have made announcements.

Caladrius

Plus we need to raise enough money so Old Man Wilkins won't build a mall over the ol' creek!

*Implying Wilkins wasn't in league with them.*

What's going to happen? Also, trombone for eight years (haven't touched it in three, unfortunately), and guitar for about three days.

We're doing Persona Music Live 2014.

And by "we" I mean Dantis because I don't know how to book a venue.

LOL holy crap XD I forgot to mention that I'm kind of terrible, I did sing/compose this shit after all: https://soundcloud.com/followarmada/the-apple-song

Listen: I'm going to die. You'll do fine.
No really you'd do perfectly fine, though obviously not in 3 days.

So I'm interested in discussing what Persona 5 could be like mechanically. Would like to hear about what you expect and your opinion on some of the things I came up with.

How could they improve on the Social life elements and make it deeper mechanically?

Now I doubt that they'll do something on par with a The Sims game but I could see things like:

-Having a full 24 hours a day cycle
Right now days are split into 3 parts: Morning, Afternoon and Evening. Doing a activity (no matter how superficial) takes up one entire time slot. This will obviously be remedied by having a fully fleshed out time system. They can break up days into 24 hours and the activities you do can take up a certain amount of hours. Planting vegetables could take up 1 hour, eating at a ramen restaurant could take like 39 minutes, walking the dog could take 45 minutes ect. I'm not sure if time would flow automatically or be completely player dependent.

Having a full 24 hour cycle would also affect the the ways social links work. We already have people that are only available on certain days, so maybe we can have one person who has to work first shift on Saturdays but is free afterwards. Maybe we could have someone who plays basketball and has practice on Thursdays, joining the basketball team wouldn't be necessary to do his social link but it would help you level faster because you are spending more time with this person.

-Better interaction with the Social life elements of the game.
Currently Persona games are either walls of text or dungeon crawling. I'd like to see more gameplay stuff in the life sim portions of the game. Mini games similar to what Rockstar does for their games would be really cool. Like a tennis or kendo mini game for the sports team. Doesn't have to be as deep as Top spin or Bushido blade but stuff that makes the non dungeon crawling parts of the game fun is something I'd definitely like to see.

They might as well revamp the cooking system too. Doesn't have to be iron chef the game but something comparable to what you would find in a The Legend of Heores game would be fine. Being able to make my own food that can recover HP, SP, give stat bonuses or be used as a gift for social links would be cool.

I would also like to see the fatigue system be brought back and made deeper. Would be cool if stuff outside of dungeon crawling could make you tired as well.

I have no idea on what they could do with the social link leveling system or the dungeon crawling.

Yeah, that's been brought up before. Someone should hit up Yuri on Twitter to see who's he's voicing. Hopefully he can say, now that some of the actors have made announcements.
NichM said weeks ago that all the voice changes were already known, so I guess characters that we aren't certain like P3MC, Shinji or Marie will have their old VAs back.

Caladrius

So I'm interested in discussing what Persona 5 could be like mechanically. Would like to hear about what you expect and your opinion on some of the things I came up with.

How could they improve on the Social life elements and make it deeper mechanically?

Now I doubt that they'll do something on par with a The Sims game but I could see things like:

-Having a full 24 hours a day cycle
Right now days are split into 3 parts: Morning, Afternoon and Evening. Doing a activity (no matter how superficial) takes up one entire time slot. This will obviously be remedied by having a fully fleshed out time system. They can break up days into 24 hours and the activities you do can take up a certain amount of hours. Planting vegetables could take up 1 hour, eating at a ramen restaurant could take like 39 minutes, walking the dog could take 45 minutes ect. I'm not sure if time would flow automatically or be completely player dependent.

Having a full 24 hour cycle would also affect the the ways social links work. We already have people that are only available on certain days, so maybe we can have one person who has to work first shift on Saturdays but is free afterwards. Maybe we could have someone who plays basketball and has practice on Thursdays, joining the basketball team wouldn't be necessary to do his social link but it would help you level faster because you are spending more time with this person.

-Better interaction with the Social life elements of the game.
Currently Persona games are either walls of text or dungeon crawling. I'd like to see more gameplay stuff in the life sim portions of the game. Mini games similar to what Rockstar does for their games would be really cool. Like a tennis or kendo mini game for the sports team. Doesn't have to be as deep as Top spin or Bushido blade but stuff that makes the non dungeon crawling parts of the game fun is something I'd definitely like to see.

They might as well revamp the cooking system too. Doesn't have to be iron chef the game but something comparable to what you would find in a The Legend of Heores game would be fine. Being able to make my own food that can recover HP, SP, give stat bonuses or be used as a gift for social links would be cool.

I would also like to see the fatigue system be brought back and made deeper. Would be cool if stuff outside of dungeon crawling could make you tired as well.

I have no idea on what they could do with the social link leveling system or the dungeon crawling.

24 Hour cycle would be good so long as you were given a tool to keep track of who does what when. I don't really care for fatigue though. It just feels like an unnecessary restraint to me. I feel there are better ways to balance progression than putting a bottleneck on player activity.

Pirabear

Banned
Went from passing interest to day one buy on Persona Q once I saw the release date and listened to the battle theme(s).

Meguro's music is so entrancing (._.)

Clarinet for 2 years, Alto Sax for 1 year, Baritone Sax for 2 years. I quit because Marching Band practice was going to cut into video game time and fuck that.

Curious AP, how did you get into the video game industry? What was your major in, and what sort of experience did u have prior to being employed?

Clarinet for 2 years, Alto Sax for 1 year, Baritone Sax for 2 years. I quit because Marching Band practice was going to cut into video game time and fuck that.

Heh, I stuck with matching band and still balanced my gaming time. I would play Xenogears before going to school due to waking up early.

Clarinet was for 2 years (4th & 5th grade) & Alto Saxophone was from 6th grade to 12th.

Weiss

Banned
So if P5 doesn't show up at TGS, what would be the next event for it to be revealed?

I've basically lost faith in a Q1 2015 release. They would have at least announced something by now.

Top Bottom