• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

FluxWaveZ

Games are getting pricier in Canada and I don't shop online, so I have to cut down my purchases.

Why don't you shop online, as a Canadian? Having stuff pre-ordered like Persona Q for $35, Persona 5 for $35 and P4AU for $42 feels good, man.

The rest I've got pre-ordered for the year is Danganronpa 2, Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright, and both SSB4 versions. Gotta get Guilty Gear Xrd as another day 1 purchase, as well. Gonna be importing both P4AU and P4D from Japan when those come out.

Xenoflare

Why don't you shop online, as a Canadian? Having stuff pre-ordered like Persona Q for $35, Persona 5 for $35 and P4AU for $42 feels good, man.

The rest I've got pre-ordered for the year is Danganronpa 2, Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright, and both SSB4 versions. Gotta get Guilty Gear Xrd as another day 1 purchase, as well. Gonna be importing both P4AU and P4D from Japan when those come out.

I'm the kind of person that you would call a paranoid freak, because I just don't feel safe withh my bank details on line LOL.

I think pre-paid visa works, but I'm not too sure about it's limitations for Amazon CA.

I'm the kind of person that you would call a paranoid freak, because I just don't feel safe withh my bank details on line LOL.

I think pre-paid visa works, but I'm not too sure about it's limitations for Amazon CA.

Why not then buy Amazon gift cards to use for your purchases? Especially if you're able to buy whatever denomination you'd like if you get the cards at a brick and mortar store.

That would get tedious after a while though you can always just keep reloading the pre-paid Visa and just use it on Amazon.

Xenoflare

Why not then buy Amazon gift cards to use for your purchases? Especially if you're able to buy whatever denomination you'd like if you get the cards at a brick and mortar store.

That would get tedious after a while though you can always just keep reloading the pre-paid Visa and just use it on Amazon.

I don't think Amazon has them for physical stores in Canada, unless I've been living under a rock, which I suspect that I am.

Squire

Banned
-P4AU
-DR2
-Destiny
-Dragon Age

Not a whole lot. I kinda want a Wii U for Christmas.

Literally fell into it. Was a physics major, but quit and switched to a multi-disciplinary studies degree because I didn't want to go into academia. Threw in some writing/production stuff in with the science and came out with some crazy-ass degree.

Got a job teaching snowboarding in Breckenridge shortly after college, then taught English in Japan for a year. I really liked video/movie production, so my first "real" job back in the states was as a video editing intern in Hot-lanta, then moved to LA to do more production work. Hated doing production in LA (it's awful), but my roommate was a games editor for an online video magazine thing. She got a job in games PR, then she told me when her company had an opening for something entry level. Decided I should get a "real career," (at this point, that meant a job that used Outlook) so I took it. I got that job purely based on the fact that I played video games, was good with computers, knew a little bit about video games press, and didn't fuck up the interview. Of course, that was all pre-2008 economic downturn, so I don't think anything that happened to me is valid for anyone anymore other than "make connections."

Bounced around at different agencies for a some years before winding up in-house at ATLUS. I took a year off to do some work in the financial sector, but I was awful at it and had zero desire other than "make money." Learned a lot of crazy shit along the way, and the reward is I work in video games.

I hope you all enjoyed this fireside chat.

Awesome story. You're alright, JL Hardrock. Too legit to quit
your job at Atlus

I don't think Amazon has them for physical stores in Canada, unless I've been living under a rock, which I suspect that I am.

Granted, I'm American so I do know that Amazon at least sells the cards everywhere but I just kinda guessed that they'd do the same thing in Canada.

Caladrius

Hey, now I won't be compelled to rage on twitter anymore!

Did you just beat that? If so. Congratulations.

Congratulations!!
Now go beat Satan in DDS2

I tip my hat to thee.

thou art a god, son of man.

Thank you. Took about 12-15 tries to actually nail him (I lost count). I didn't use the Red Star method, mainly because I didn't want to have to keep close track of how many turns the Demi-Fiend's minions had left.

The winning round took about 50 minutes. It's a good thing it ended when it did. Both of my reserve members (Heat and Gale) had already used up their Close Calls and he was a turn away from another Gaea Rage when I killed him. As soon as I noticed he was nearly dead I just hammered the shit out of him with Ragnarok+Last word and hoped Arahabaki and Titania wouldn't screw me too often with debilitate/sukunda.

My favorite part was the try that ended with him petrifying all three of my party members at once. There's like a 25% chance of that happening to one of them with death resist active.

Rhapsody

Banned
So, guys do you have your lists of games you will or may get this year? I NEED HELP THIS YEAR, ALL THOSE GAMES MAN.

UNIEL (which is tomorrow)
P4AU
PQ
DR2
Bayonetta 2
Smash 4 (both versions)
Pokemon Omega Ruby
GG Xrd
Tales of Xillia 2 (maybe since I already beat the JP version)
Tales of Hearts R
Neptunia Vita (maybe)
Layton vs Wright
Hyrule Warriors (maybe...)

and probably more. I really don't have the money for all this, so I'm going to have to pick and choose.

BtNA02WCEAIjzIo.jpg:large

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
It's a good piece of hardware. Got more going for it right now than the PS4 and XB1, imo.

It's been out for nearly two years, I would hope that it would have more games for it.

For me, nothing I really care about on the Wii U.

I gotta look at a list, because I forgot most of the stuff coming out...

off the top of my head...

PQ
P4U2
Driveclub
Project CARS
Daggon Ron Paul 2
Freedom Wars (maybe)
Assault Android Cactus (if that comes out on PS4 this year)

I also want Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive. But I don't know when I will be picking up a XBO.

Mdesilva

Under Night in-Birth exe: Late (Import)
The Last of Us: Remastered
Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
Destiny
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Evolve
Bayonetta 2
Pokemon Omega Ruby
LittleBigPlanet 3
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Persona 4: Dancing All Night (Import)
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

All "must-buy" games are bolded. The two italicized games are absolute necessities for me to stay sane and to satiate my hype. Everything else could either way.

...hopefully I'll get review copies of SOME of these, lol. Don't want to destroy my wallet.

Edit: What is formatting? :p

Levito

Banned
Goodness, some of you sure are buying a lot of games this fall haha. Not enough Evil Within though, Mikami is playing his final show in the director's chair.

Really tempted to get a Wii U, but with games like Destiny and Persona Q(and the fact that I can't play games as much these days) I doubt I'll have the time.

Also remember if you're picking up Destiny on PS4, we have a PersonaGAF clan!

Squire

Banned
Goodness, some of you sure are buying a lot of games this fall haha. Not enough Evil Within though, Mikami is playing his final show in the director's chair.

Really tempted to get a Wii U, but with games like Destiny and Persona Q(and the fact that I can't play games as much these days) I doubt I'll have the time.

Also remember if you're picking up Destiny on PS4, we have a PersonaGAF clan!

Got the same issue. I want one, but it was already 50/50. Dragon Age being delayed puts it in a good space to be my "long game for the holidays", too.

I hope Evil Within is good! Much crow was eaten after how Wolfenstein turned out, so I'm not counting them out.
/Mikami fanboy

Goodness, some of you sure are buying a lot of games this fall haha. Not enough Evil Within though, Mikami is playing his final show in the director's chair.[/URL]

Man, I'm really excited for The Evil Within, but if I wanna go to EVO next year, I need to resist the temptation and save money. I'll probably be able to get it cheaper next year, like Destiny and Wolfenstein. Plus, I have a huge backlog, with games like Demon's Souls, Bioshock Infinite, Spec Ops: The Line, Batman: Arkham City, and who knows what else will end up on Playstation Plus.

Soma

what would be funny is if the guys working on the game are like "man I can't wait to show what we have so far at TGS! How's that advertisement poster going?

"well we finished it but we just saw a mock-up floating around the internet that looks identical to what we made. what should we do now?"

"shit we can't display that now can we? it's okay we can hold off on releasing anything for another few months. let's get cracking on a new one!"

So, guys do you have your lists of games you will or may get this year? I NEED HELP THIS YEAR, ALL THOSE GAMES MAN.
So Far:
Guilty Gear Xrd
Destiny
Master Chief Collection
Persona Ultimax
Persona Q
Freedom Wars
The Evil Within
Forza Horizon 2
Hotline Miami 2
CoD Advanced Warfare
Platinum's Korra Game (MAYBE)
Metro Collection

PK Gaming

Added Flux's site to the OP.

Also, as far as that fake P5 image goes, it just feels mean and lame to me. Pranks are good when they're clever, require a lot of effort and when they're funny. This ticks none of the boxes, it's just a cheap troll for people desperate to see something.

The one Red Hunter linked to has over 200 retweets.

I just came to point out that Stunedge RTd that five minutes ago. Completely out in the ether now.

Oh the irony.

I... Don't.... I... Can't.... But he said.... And then.... But the prank..... And the amount of retweets...

images

This sort of reminds me of that one mistranslated scene in the P3 movie where it said that Makoto had a sister who survived the car crash and tumblr went crazy and took it as confirmation that feMC was canon.

Squire

Banned
I... Don't.... I... Can't.... But he said.... And then.... But the prank..... And the amount of retweets...

images

Added Flux's site to the OP.

Also, as far as that fake P5 image goes, it just feels mean and lame to me. Pranks are good when they're clever, require a lot of effort and when they're funny. This ticks none of the boxes, it's just a cheap troll for people desperate to see something.

#NeverForget

Edit: oh fuck

bzOmdhN.jpg

Kazzy

I find pranks funny, in so much that it preys on peoples need to 'break' news and try to get credibility from it - irregardless of whether it's genuine or not. If it's done incessantly, as a means to garner that attention, there's a certain irony to be found.

I don't like it when people get their hearts broken though. Those poor, naive, souls.

Summary: Pranks, lol.

Xenoflare

I find pranks funny, in so much that it preys on peoples need to 'break' news and try to get credibility from it - irregardless of whether it's genuine or not. If it's done incessantly, as a means to garner that attention, there's a certain irony to be found.

I don't like it when people get their hearts broken though. Those poor, naive, souls.

Summary: Pranks, lol.

Part of me hopes this blows to a proportion to a point that Soejima have to jump out and RT this. THE SALT.

But that's not gonna happen.... or will it?

Nachos

I'm curious to see if Atlus Japan is going to respond to it. It's clearly fake if you look closely, but I guess people are just so excited by the possible news that they're incapable of any scrutiny.

DANTIS, I HOPE YOU'RE PROUD OF YOURSELF.

Top Bottom