• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Relevant

BsmoRPGIYAAyl6P.png:large

Its almost as if people dont realise that having DLC in a game doesnt mean you HAVE to buy it. I'm going to because I actually like Marie and more characters in a fighting game is never a bad thing :)

I wonder what they are going to do story-wise though? Have an Episode:Marie? Or just ignore it from the story altogether?

I actually think she'll be a part of Elizabeth's story arc, which we have seen nothing of yet.

Levito

Banned
Here are some EVO photos: (recommend right clicking and opening in new tab, super high res photos)

P4U with Dacidbro:

Rise was there in person:

Here's Armada and me with the legendary Yoshinori Ono:

When we went to heart attack grill we got our waifu's names on our presciption bottle shots: (John put his name)

Here's a full album. I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I should have.

Going to be having a podcast about P4U, Guilty Gear, and EVO2015 in the coming weeks with a all star panel. Will share some stories then. :)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Aren't they only nearing their 40s? That's still pretty active for everyone who isn't living in the middle ages.

Yes, but see the joke is they're old and probably too old to be fighting with teenagers.

And no one cares about them either.

Hey, I'm excited about Marie being in Ultimax. I hope she comes with a story episode or something, because I want to see her interact with the P3 cast and react to their outfits.

I'm thinking she'll be a part of the main story, though. Even Theo is there, why not Marie? It could actually tie together the P4 ending and the epilogue.

Also, don't be surprised when she's announced for Dancing All Night. We all know it's going to happen.

CorvoSol

Yes, but see the joke is they're old and probably too old to be fighting with teenagers.

And no one cares about them either.

As I begin the second half of my twenties I keep trying to convince myself nobody under fifty is really old so that I can pretend I'm young for a longer period of time.

I like to hope that the cast of P2, unlike the casts of P3 and P4, have lives they can't be away from, maybe kids and community involvements, I dunno, but it's not like Maya Amano is sitting at a riverbank in Inaba, reminiscing about a now long dead Tatsuya, telling Yu she's Death and he reminds her of her husband.

But I'll give you that last part. Spot on there.

Wait WHAT Marie is a playable character? But how? At which point does she gains at Golden? I thought she wasn't a party member.
The P4 cast have their base personas because they only get their ultimate personas by
completing their S Links.
The P3 cast, however, get theirs through
natural story progression.
I assume that this is the reasoning.
They used their original Personas because they are the most iconic and well known. Half of the game seems to be made with it being a crossover fighter in mind--the other half is trying to be an actual sequel. The two halves are kind of at odds with each other in a few places, this being one of them.
Yeah, specially because Teddie is an automatic S. Link, Yu refers to the Level 10 fight with Yosuke, Yukiko is working at the inn, Rise is back to being an idol, Chie keeps talking about her dream to be a cop, etc. which makes it seem like Yu did complete his party members' social links.

Here are some EVO photos: (recommend right clicking and opening in new tab, super high res photos)

P4U with Dacidbro:

Rise was there in person:

Here's Armada and me with the legendary Yoshinori Ono:

When we went to heart attack grill we got our waifu's names on our presciption bottle shots: (John put his name)

Here's a full album. I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I should have.

Going to be having a podcast about P4U, Guilty Gear, and EVO2015 in the coming weeks with a all star panel. Will share some stories then. :)

Looks like you guys had a blast. I look forward to the crazy stories in upcoming podcast.

What's the deal with that grill place, is it an all you can eat buffet or something?

You should have taken Rise to Smed :p

Why don't you draw Naoto as Lucina and Yu as Robin?

It's strange how naoto/lucina and yu/robin resemble each other in both look and personality.

I wonder who has more swag out of Yu and Robin?

Acid08

Banned
Oh jeez had no idea there was a new thread!

Anyway, Marie in P4AU is totally fine. I greatly dislike her but no one is forcing me to buy this DLC so who gives a shit? No reason to even be mad about it.

hao chi

You should have taken Rise to Smed :p

He actually posted a pic of himself with her on Twitter.

Edit: While the topic is relevant, my two cents on Marie:

I like Marie, but her poetry is fucking terrible and her S. Link is bad. Her S. Link isn't bad because of her as a character, but because of how everyone awkwardly happens to meet up with you - usually in pairs of two's, whenever you spend time with her. I'm convinced everyone is stalking Yu because they're secretly (or not so secretly, in Rise's case) in love with him and see her as a threat.

I'm late, but I loved Marie's addition to the P4AU roster. The more the merrier. And I already missed her in P4A, she should have been there to begin with. This game is getting better and better.

Acid08

Banned
Also good to see the thread in Gaming immediately went into best/worst girl shit slinging.

People are prob mad because that DLC spot could have been worked on somebody else instead of Marie who they hate and didn't even have a Persona before. That's my guess.
But like...who else would people even want? Margaret? Strega? Fox? Not like there are many options for more characters.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Also good to see the thread in Gaming immediately went into best/worst girl shit slinging.

But like...who else would people even want? Margaret? Strega? Fox? Not like there are many options for more characters.

Fuuka, maybe, but I'm pretty sure she's kidnapped during P4U, I could be wrong. But she literally has nothing. What is she going to do, throw bad cooking at you?

Squire

Banned
If they add one more character I think the most likely candidates are Margaret and Makoto. (My Margaret bias not withstanding.)

Margaret would be kind of cool if they actually had her use different Personas for each of her attacks like Elizabeth should have. If not, nah.

Squire

Banned
Margaret would be kind of cool if they actually had her use different Personas for each of her attacks like Elizabeth should have. If not, nah.

That would be great, but of course you realize the sprite work involved wouldn't be trivial, right? Like, as cool as it'd be it's not a reasonable expectation.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
I don't think the comparisons of Marie to Lightning is fair. This is the first and only game you get to play or against her. Lightning is just bad.

If they add one more character I think the most likely candidates are Margaret and Makoto. (My Margaret bias not withstanding.)

If they add her, at least not make her c-teir.

Would love to have Margaret in the game. I originally thought the allstar roster would include
Adachi, Makoto
and her as DLC. The inclusion of Marie however makes this seem unlikely.

Id be cool with an alternative skin for Liz at this point.

To be honest, the only character they could add now to get me excited would be Ryotaro Dojima.

I dont even care how they would make him work. Hell, Sho doesnt have a Persona and he fights, so that excuse is out the window.

I want my Ace Detective vs Ace Defective matchup!

Caladrius

To be honest, the only character they could add now to get me excited would be Ryotaro Dojima.

I dont even care how they would make him work. Hell, Sho doesnt have a Persona and he fights, so that excuse is out the window.

I want my Ace Detective vs Ace Defective matchup!

Dojima don't need a Persona

Shoot those motherfuckers in the face.

oops, almost forgot about Dojima. Yeah, it would be super cool if he was in the game aswell. He's probably the only guy that doesn't need a weapon or Persona to kick some ass.

Top Bottom