• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

So excited about the Marie DLC! Golden was essentially my gateway to Persona, so as may be expected, she is one of - if not my favorite - characters!!

biodude

Neo Member
I've started golden and I'm going to go for marie's s-link soon- from screenshots showing the nospacetext and her super tsundere attitude you see early on, it was kinda a put-off. Does she get better in her S-link?

tumblr_n8r1roctiT1t46pjso1_500.png
Tubular

Also Marie as DLC huh... I like her but I'm not sure if I'm as excited for this as the other newcomers. I'll have to see how she plays first I guess.

I'm ok with this. I wonder what her two persona reference colors will be, who is even left to reference aside from a tiny few p1/2 people they haven't covered ? Anyone in p3/4 worth referencing?

Mitsuru's Female Stalker and Funky Student

nah but seriously I'm interested in finding those out too. Same goes for the other two main reference colors (Guilty Gear and BlazBlue). Given the announcement timing I'm going to randomly guess Celica on the latter of the two. If nobody has Valentine from Overture that's my random GG color guess.

FluxWaveZ

I like the idea of custom skins but Ark don't do that, right?

Involved alternate costumes in a sprite-based fighting game would be extremely resource intensive. That's why Capcom has the ability to implement them in their modern fighters, and why ASW will probably be doing the same with Xrd now that they've gone that route.

Involved alternate costumes in a sprite-based fighting game would be extremely resource intensive. That's why Capcom has the ability to implement them in their modern fighters, and why ASW will probably be doing the same with Xrd now that they've gone that route.

That's what I figured. If ASW can keep it looking pretty, which Xrd seems to be proving.

A thought occurred to me. What would you guys think of Ultimax DLC where an S-link character gains a persona and becomes playable? (Not necessarily Dojima or Nanako)

Marie, eh? I figured if we were getting another DLC character (which I didn't, seeing as how a certain Atlus rep shot it down :p) she would be the one. You know, to maximize synergy and all that.

I'm definitely interested to see how she fights. Maybe she uses her satchel as a weapon and/or expends skill cards (as a finite resource perhaps?) for some attacks. Definitely some sort of bubblegum attack or grab haha! Also, poetry IK, nospacespeech, general tsundere-ness etc etc

Tamanon

Banned
Thinking back on Persona 4's concept of how someone gets a persona. Yu should open up the ultimate self-help therapy. Someone would pay him to take them to the TV, they confront their inner self and become stronger because of it. He just cheeses any boss that appears and counts the yens.

Sophia

A thought occurred to me. What would you guys think of Ultimax DLC where an S-link character gains a persona and becomes playable? (Not necessarily Dojima or Nanako)
It would feel like if krillin from dragonball became a super sayian.

Would be going quite far into fanfiction territory, to say the least.

Oddly, all the human characters getting a super mode of their own would have improved Dragon Ball at least.

Levito

Banned
Made a bet with MikeMuscles that it'd be Marie, and I guessed right. (He bet it'd be Theo)

That's awesome that Marie has joined the Ultimax cast. Would be really cool to see more too! (Please Maragaret)

I realize I'm pretty late in asking this question, but what is the deal with the new P4 Golden Anime? I've spent the last week in Spain without Internet access so I'm catching up on everything right now.

I'm guessing it's New Game+? I just don't see someone who just summoned their Persona for the very first time
killing literally a million Hableries without breaking a sweat.

Also: we're really burning through these threads quickly, aren't we?

I realize I'm pretty late in asking this question, but what is the deal with the new P4 Golden Anime? I've spent the last week in Spain without Internet access so I'm catching up on everything right now.

I'm guessing it's New Game+? I just don't see someone who just summoned their Persona for the very first time

People are saying that its New Game+ but there's been no official statement to confirm it.

Mdesilva

So, we may be getting ANOTHER character after Marie? I think the only possibilities are…

Margaret
Theodore
Fuuka (after Rise, Marie, and Celica, anything can happen).
P3 spoilers
Makoto Yuki (Not really sure about this one, considering it's entirely dependent on how Ultimax's story goes)

Hopefully we'll see more in GG Xrd.
Thing is, all the characters they've been adding (Ramlethal, Sin) are new. I wonder if they'll add veterans like Jam, Johnny, Baiken, Zappa, or Testament.

So, we may be getting ANOTHER character after Marie? I think the only possibilities are…

Margaret
Theodore
Fuuka (after Rise, Marie, and Celica, anything can happen).
P3 spoilers
Makoto Yuki (Not really sure about this one, considering it's entirely dependent on how Ultimax's story goes)

I don't see it being Theodore since we already have Elizabeth. Margaret could work but I don't know what Persona she would have. Fuuka would also work since we now have Rise as a playable character.
Makoto could be added without there being a story attached to him. Not gonna hold my breath though.

Sophia

The Golden anime is pretty much a straight up official Persona 4: The Abridged Series. >_>;

Well even though it is Marie, I am still pretty happy to see a new character added. I didn't really mind her personality later on into golden, but her title makes me think she'll be an even more flanderized version of herself. I kind of enjoyed her when she got better, but I don't know if I can deal with the angst again lol

Swedesu

Well even though it is Marie, I am still pretty happy to see a new character added. I didn't really mind her personality later on into golden, but her title makes me think she'll be an even more flanderized version of herself. I kind of enjoyed her when she got better, but I don't know if I can deal with the angst again lol

Well the titles were always kind of exaggerated, not saying there won't be any angst tho.

FluxWaveZ

P3 spoilers

I like to consider every possibility at all times, but this is really what I keep coming to. At this point, I find it hard to think it wouldn't be this character, as the final piece of the P3/P4 celebration puzzle.

I really, really doubt it'd be yet another Velvet Room member, in any case. Marie and Liz make sense, even from a personality stand-point, as they were both rebellious in nature as a means to follow their own dreams, while Margaret and Theodore really seem like they'd purely be observers as opposed to active participants. Two reps from the Velvet Room is good enough.

I'm still not sure these 37 cards mean one more DLC character. Would seem a little strange to have a future DLC character be featured on a DLC card for a launch character. Eh.

Marie isn't a bad character in my opinion, it's just that her s.Link is pretty weak when it was being shown as the main addition to golden.

I like her story and character, it's just that the fact you
ran into another party member EVERYTIME you met with her
got kinda tedious.

Will be good to see how they deal with her in Ultimax since
all the angsty stuff has been and gone by then

Plus her design is awesome!

So I guess this retroactively makes P4G the canon entry in the series. It'll feel weird since there's absolutely no reference to Marie at all in P4A even though she's supposed to be an important person to the investigation team. It'll be doubly weird for persona fans who didn't play golden why this person is acting familiar to the IT.

As for the possibility of
Makoto
being playable, I'm willing to bet that he's
the final boss

hao chi

I don't follow. Why would he be
the final boss
? If
Makoto
does return,
Erebus in some form
would make a more
likely final boss

Yeah, as mentioned, there's a common theory that the "one true vessel" the Malevolent Entity mentioned is Makoto's body.

Also, regarding Erebus, Liz already defeated him in P4A, which happens right before Ultimax, and she says that it won't return for another year. So unless some story stuff happens to accelerate its return, it won't be in this game. Not that defeating it will completely solve the problem, since humanity's desire for death is what causes it to exist.

Top Bottom