• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

BsmyOkNCAAAiswo.png

Amazing.

Finished the P4 Endurance Run. WORTH IT.
Man, Jeff and Vinny are awesome people, There were soooo many funny moments, and they even made me laugh at moments I didn't. Sometimes it kinda made me mad when they made bad decisions while choosing skills for Personas but whatevers. Glad they chose Yosuke to be in the party for the game. Too bad Chie was the chosen waifu. Their impressions of the character were so spot-on "GET BENT" "BITCHEEEES" or moments like "Yukiko: Here's my virginity Charlie, it's in a box". I really loved to see their reactions to certain events like when a
a "killer" was found not to be the killer
or the camp or the drunk scene,etc. I'm kinda surprised they were able to get the True Ending by themselves. It's also funny that they only completed one social link (Sayaka, and even then I loved how they went from "I like where this is going" to "Mehh") outside IT minus Kanji and Nanako and Dojima, since no one called Charlie
after the hospital
or showed up at the train station. Now I like Funky Student and Misterious Overall, it was pretty awesome.

I know one of them played some of P3 and at the end they were looking forward to P5 (this was way back in 2009 lol), but after the Endurance Run have they talked anything about Persona? Do they know about Arena, Q or Dancing?

FluxWaveZ

I'm kinda surprised they were able to get the True Ending by themselves.

The secret is, they weren't. It should be pretty obvious what's happening there, especially if you go back and watch it.

A lot about the Endurance Run's nuance is lost when following it after it was on-going, with large discussions happening between episodes and Jeff and Vinny paying attention to them, with stuff like Jeff talking about how idiots were linking him the hiimdaisy comic while the ER was still going on, but I imagine it's still a great thing to watch.

I know one of them played some of P3 and at the end they were looking forward to P5 (this was way back in 2009 lol), but after the Endurance Run have they talked anything about Persona? Do they know about Arena, Q or Dancing?

Jeff Gerstmann reviewed both Persona 1 and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment with great scores over at GameSpot when they first came out in North America.

Jeff is aware of the upcoming Persona games; he was watching the November 24 event stream live when they were revealed along with the rest of us.

All he needs to do is flick his cigarette's butt at his opponent for an insta K.O.

Either that or he'll give them the Dojima look. The sharingan can not even begin to compete with that stare :p

The current character select screen.

FTVrufl.png

The most logical scenario is that Marie will go above Rise on the far right, whilst
Makoto
will be the first character on the far left. I say that because of the dlc cards on the website, and because we still have one more month before release to reveal another character. I also believe that Marie is to underwhelming to be the final character.

On the other hand Marie might be the last character and the last space might be the random box. It has to go somewhere right?

Then again there are 4 more blank tvs on the outskirts of the character select screen. Will the positioning of the tiles be adjusted to include the 2 random boxes like Arena? Or will there be more DLC characters down the road, similar to what's happening with blazblue at the moment.

I certain 1 of these 3 scenarios will come true.

FluxWaveZ

The most logical scenario is that Marie will go above Rise on the far right, whilst
Makoto
will be the first character on the far left. I say that because of the dlc cards on the website, and because we still have one more month before release to reveal another character. I also believe that Marie is to underwhelming to be the final character.

I don't think that's the most logical scenario at all. If there were to be two more characters added to it, I think it would simply grow in width with both random icons added to basically the same segments they are now, with the character icons possibly being re-arranged.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
Ugh, I'm so late. Marie getting announced was so left field for me! P4U has been a rollercoaster of hype and speculation, and I love it.
I can't fucking wait for this game to come out o__o

I'm betting all my yenz that the last character is Makoto. I'll buy everyone in Pgaf a hotdog if it's not.

Man, this is an AMAZING time to be a Persona fan :3

The secret is, they weren't. It should be pretty obvious what's happening there, especially if you go back and watch it.

A lot about the Endurance Run's nuance is lost when following it after it was on-going, with large discussions happening between episodes and Jeff and Vinny paying attention to them, with stuff like Jeff talking about how idiots were linking him the hiimdaisy comic while the ER was still going on, but I imagine it's still a great thing to watch.
Huh? I thought the only time they went for help was with Funky Student's riddles, the exams' answers and one of Naoto's social link rank, Now that you said, it felt kinda strange that they chose the correct answers and so. So I guess
they knew about the Adachi?
I remember reading one comment that said Jeff was spoilered.
Jeff Gerstmann reviewed both Persona 1 and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment with great scores over at GameSpot when they first came out in North America.
Jeff is aware of the upcoming Persona games; he was watching the November 24 event stream live when they were revealed along with the rest of us.
Wooooow really? What were his reactions? That's pretty awesome. Do we know about Vinny?

I don't think that's the most logical scenario at all. If there were to be two more characters added to it, I think it would simply grow in width with both random icons added to basically the same segments they are now, with the character icons possibly being re-arranged.

Could be. Regardless of what happens, this roster is shaping up to be excellent.

FluxWaveZ

Huh? I thought the only time they went for help was with Funky Student's riddles, the exams' answers and one of Naoto's social link rank, Now that you said, it felt kinda strange that they chose the correct answers and so. So I guess
they knew about the Adachi?
I remember reading one comment that said Jeff was spoilered.

Wooooow really? What were his reactions? That's pretty awesome. Do we know about Vinny?

They were doing a video series where things would have felt extremely anticlimactic and where fans watching would be very disappointed had they not followed the game to its true conclusion. Jeff followed a non-spoiler True Ending guide.

Well, I'm not going to answer everything about GB and Persona (the answers are easy to find), but Jeff talked about them a few times on the Bombcast. His Nov. 24 reactions mirrored pretty much a lot of peoples':
(After PQ, P4AU and P4D, during the very long delay until P5)

LX_Theo

Banned
To be honest, the only character they could add now to get me excited would be Ryotaro Dojima.

I dont even care how they would make him work. Hell, Sho doesnt have a Persona and he fights, so that excuse is out the window.

I want my Ace Detective vs Ace Defective matchup!

Dojima as a character would be so bad and stupid as far as I'm concerned.

They were doing a video series where things would have felt extremely anticlimactic and where fans watching would be very disappointed had they not followed the game to its true conclusion. Jeff followed a non-spoiler True Ending guide.

Well, I'm not going to answer everything about GB and Persona (the answers are easy to find), but Jeff talked about them a few times on the Bombcast. His Nov. 24 reactions mirrored pretty much a lot of peoples':

(After PQ, P4AU and P4D, during the very long delay until P5)
Ahhh, I see. Thanks for info! Sorry if I bothered you. This was like the first time I heard about GB I think so I wouldn't know.
Edit: Oh, after checking Jeff's twitter, I just realized he's the one that hates Yoshi and had a thread about naming a Yoshi after his name. lol

I'd love to play this game with Makoto, but I doubt Atlus would put him in the game.
I think Fuuka, Theo, Margaret or even Dojima has more chances.

Zebetite

Banned

Jeff also put a reasonable amount of time into P4A (Quick Look EX, reviewing it, and a TNT featuring it). Vinny played a chunk of P3 but I don't think he ever beat it.

PK Gaming

So a part of the script for the 2nd of episode of P4GA was just leaked. Going to post it under spoilers.

Note: The translation is fairly rough

(the following takes immediately after Yu and co leave the TV world)

Yosuke: That's weird, it got really hot all of a sudden.
Chie: Yeah, now that you mention it... i'm burning up!
Yosuke: Aww geez, I think my phone's busted. The date says it's July 13th...
Yu: It is July 13th.
Yosuke: Dude, what? How the hell did could we travel 2 months into the future?
Yu: I made it happen.
Chie: You're joking, right?
Yu: I seem to have control over time now.
Chie: Seriously?!? How is that even possible?
Yu: I don't know.
Chie: I don't believe this!
Yosuke: Oh god, 2 months of my life, just gone. I've missed so many golden opportunities... I could have gotten a girlfriend by now!
Yu: Oh yeah, I think you guys have scooters now.
Chie: This day just keeps getting weirder and weirder...
Kanji: Yo, are you guys still up for that operation up close and personal thing?
Yosuke & Chie: Who the hell are you?!?

Interesting direction if you ask me.

So a part of the script for the 2nd of episode of P4GA was just leaked. Going to post it under spoilers.

Yosuke: Oh god, 2 months of my life, just gone. I've missed so many golden opportunities... I could have gotten a girlfriend by now!
Kanji: Yo, are you guys still up for that operation up close and personal thing?

Sophia is right. This really is Persona 4 The Abridged Series.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

LOL So it's like NG+ and the player is using the start button to fast forward dialogue

Squire

Banned

It sounds like a reference to
the fast forward function from Golden.

This is so meta. I still haven't seen the first episode. But u see it's on Hulu, so I'll get to it, soon.

I really like this direction on paper.

Meia

See, there's been so many fake spoilers in the past, I cannot take this. Going to guess fake based on time though, since july is 3 months after. :p

Dantis

Dressed. As. Marie.

YOU CANNOT DENY THIS.

Sure, but I still don't like Marie.

I'm going to be honest: this sounds fake to me.

It would be hilarious if it turned out to be true though.

It sounds like a reference to
the fast forward function from Golden.

This is so meta. I still haven't seen the first episode. But u see it's on Hulu, so I'll get to it, soon.

I really like this direction on paper.

The thing is that the first episode wasn't even close to that self-aware, which makes me think that it could be liiiiiiiies.

Holy shit. The Golden Animation is going to be A LOT more interesting than originally expected. Can't wait to see where this goes if it is true. I really hope it is honestly.

This can't be happening... it's too much.

PK Gaming

Jesus christ

Guys. I made the whole thing up!

I tried to poke fun at the lightning quick pacing, but I guess I went overboard.

Hinata_%2828%29.png

I can't breathe

Andrefpvs

Jesus christ

Guys. I made the whole thing up!

You know the first episode was cuckoobananas when people believe this

CorvoSol

PK, Flux thinks your writing sounds like fanfiction

You guys don't know it, but PK is actually short for PhanPhiction King. Fanfiction.net users regularly bow down in praise and worship of their deity.

I know this because of a dark and sordid fling with fan fiction that happened once in my early teens and if Magius ever says more than that I will cut him.

Top Bottom