• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

I think I'm on a roll now!
I probably just jinxed myself...
Ne8IU8a.png

7th Generation Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapon, Aigis, reporting for duty! She may be a super robot, but she wasn't programmed to play golf, so her technique could use some work. Though when she makes contact she can blast it really far. Just don't expect her to drive it exactly where you want it to. Sure she's not perfect, but what human is?

Next we head over to the velvet room.

...I never knew I needed this until now.

PK Gaming

Ne8IU8a.png

7th Generation Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapon, Aigis, reporting for duty! She may be a super robot, but she wasn't programmed to play golf, so her technique could use some work. Though when she makes contact she can blast it really far. Just don't expect her to drive it exactly where you want it to. Sure she's not perfect, but what human is?

You made Aigis look so dorky, yet so cute at the same time (I guess that's par for the course for her)

Purse Owners 2: Eternal Peppermint

Well damn. I commented on this before, but I think it's interesting how, for the most part, Eternal Punishment is a lot more reserved in its insanity than Innocent Sin. IS was all about crazy shit piling up on more crazy shit, but Eternal Punishment is more like this crime drama/conspiracy scandal where you wonder just how deep this stuff goes. Then the game throws you for a loop by pointing out that everything in the game has been more subdued because your cast are adults, and credibility is requisite to the sustainability of rumors among them. Which is itself an impressive thought.

But right as you're learning this, the game drops three really big bombs in your lap.

KANDORI LIVES. Which shouldn't be a surprise after learning that HITLER LIVES (and is an immortal space wizard), but considering you physically watched the light go out of Kandori's eyes in Persona 1, it's pretty mind blowing. How he figures into everything has yet to really be explained, but the man was a) possessed by Nyarlathotep last time and b) using the mental breakdown of a dying teenager to ascend to Godhood, so whatever he's doing is bound to be fucked up anyway.

Katsuya's Chief Togashi of the SPD betrayed his father, ruining Mr. Suou's life, reputation and career (and costing him his life?) and the man has dreaded his reputation since he first signed onto the force. This is some excellent development for both Tatsuya and Katsuya because it explains how Tatsuya got to be such an aloof troublemaker and how Katsuya became such an uptight stickler for the rules at the same time. The best part of it all isn't just that Katsuya's entire view of justice and the justice symbol is dealt a fatal blow, though, it's that Baofu, who has treated him like shit for it the entire game, chooses not to do so in this moment of vulnerability.

The above is important because it ties directly into the last part, that Baofu is in fact a former member of the justice system whose life was destroyed at the Ministry's behest, explaining more or less all his motivations for the entire game. When Baofu is robbed of his chance to avenge himself by the X-1 tank, though, the tables are turned, and it is Katsuya who withholds condemnation.

What I find specifically important about these second two is that they take the time to really develop the relationship between Katsuya and Baofu in an interesting way. The two are shown to be not so different ends of a single spectrum. At the same time, they're not friends, and no major overtures of friendship are ever made. If anything, one expects that Baofu and Katsuya would likely blow sugar chunks upon the kind of friendship held between the members of the IT, but what these two do have is a sort of begrudging respect for one another and a deepening understanding of where the other is coming from.

As a last interesting bit, I'm impressed by just how much of P2 sets up concepts in P3. Namely,
we know that the Kirijo group is a splinter from the Nanjo group, and we discover that the Nanjo group helped fund the X-1 Tanks and the Kegare harvesting systems (however unknowingly). The X-1 Tanks being a sort of prototype transition from the Knights of the Holy Lance to the Anti-Shadow Weapons of P3, and the Kegare experiments heavily foreshadowing the Shadow experiments that caused most of P3.

I've said this before, but Persona 2:EP has my favorite narrative in the entire series, bar none. You think you've seen shit? Just wait until you get in the endgame.

Itsashamethegameplayisnotsohot

Gazoinks

You made Aigis look so dorky, yet so cute at the same time (I guess that's par for the course for her)

I've said this before, but Persona 2:EP has my favorite narrative in the entire series, bar none. You think you've seen shit? Just wait until you get in the endgame.

For sure. I like IS's cast a little more (although EP's is also great), but EP definitely has the superior plot.

There was another phone case I was slightly interested in, but I hate wallet phone cases rather than the pinkish-purple color they chose for the Persona Q case.

Something about I'm okay with losing one or the other but not both at the same time.

Style

Banned
Ne8IU8a.png

Awesome!

CorvoSol

I'm not going to say the gameplay is anywhere near as good as P4 and P3P's, but I'm comfortable in saying it's less awful than IS'.

Dantis

I don't understand some of them. Pan and TurnipFritters? Sophia and Coldman? Inorigo and Acid?

Of course, the fact that I'm even questioning them is actually pretty bad.

Hello Euro Friends, Shin Megami Tensei IV will finally be available in your region as a digital download title this September for 20 euros. It will give you something to play while you wait for the 4 upcoming Persona titles.

Setsu00

Hello Euro Friends, Shin Megami Tensei IV will finally be available in your region as a digital download title this September for 20 euros. It will give you something to play while you wait for the 4 upcoming Persona titles.

Nice! I was expecting a 40 € price tag, so 20 € is a great surprise.

That's good! Good pricing too.
Still not sure if I'll buy PQ, but I'll buy this almost certainly.

Why do games come out in September? School starts in September ú_ú

I guess this will be £20. Not a bad price for a year old download only game. I guess.

Yeah, the price is surprising. Honestly it was the least they could do at this point but I was still expecting full price or at least 30 euros.
Nice to see a gesture of good will from them, hopefully this means a change of attitude regarding Europe.

£18 SMT4, yes please!

Now let's see how much the normal version of PQ will be and whether or not Ultimax is coming to EU, and atlus may well have started having good EU relations.

Yeah, the price is surprising. Honestly it was the least they could do at this point but I was still expecting full price or at least 30 euros.
Nice to see a gesture of good will from them, hopefully this means a change of attitude regarding Europe.

Think of it as them averaging out the cost of PQ. Since SMT4 is so affordable, you won't feel as bad about shelling out so much cash for PQ!

Ne8IU8a.png

I love this, she is so cheerful!

I also don't like it that much.
With the "new" Nintendo ID, does it now work like PSN or Steam?

Nope. As far as i know, if you lose or break your 3DS, your screwed out of all your digital content. You'd have to repurchase it again once you get another system. That doesn't sit right with me.

I may pick SMTIV down the road if it ever goes on sale. I'd be more than happy to spend twice the asking price on a physical copy. That isn't going to happen though, so it is what it is.

Nope. As far as i know, if you lose or break your 3DS, your screwed out of all your digital content. You'd have to repurchase it again once you get another system. That doesn't sit right with me.

I may pick SMTIV down the road if it ever goes on sale. I'd be more than happy to spend twice the asking price on a physical copy. That isn't going to happen though, so it is what it is.

Some people say that contacting nintendo helps but seriously, it's a hard to believe a system like this exists in this day and age, first time I heard about it I thought it was a joke.
SMT is pretty much the only franchise that could've gotten me to buy a system with region lock and such a retarded account system.
Never had so many negative feelings towards a piece of hardware I bought.

ssshadow

Neo Member
£18 SMT4, yes please!

Now let's see how much the normal version of PQ will be and whether or not Ultimax is coming to EU, and atlus may well have started having good EU relations.

A Swedish site already have the normal version of PQ up for pre-order at about 39€, free shipping. Link . So I imagine it will be the same in the rest of Europe, or maybe even cheaper.

Ultimax being region free already means it's coming within about 1-2 weeks of the US release, officially or not.

Zareka

I read somewhere you could just call up Nintendo and have them fix it by this point. Don't know if that's true, and it's still a bit annoying but not nearly as bad as it used to be.

Again, no idea how this stuff works myself because I've never had to deal with it, but I would think Nintendo could do something about it.

Well one thing is for sure, between the lower than expected prices for Tits PC and SMTIV, my wallet is relieved, was expecting to pay more than that for SMTIV alone.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
I'll research more into the Nintendo thing. I do want to play SMTIV.

Armada, whats with those medicine bottles? Howcome it has Chie, Yukiko and Atlusprime on them?

When we all went to the Heart Attack Grill at EVO, this is what they served our booze in. They customize the bottle for you, so we took some liberties :)

Sallokin

Pretty personal request, but okay.

Haha I can totally feel the love. Many happy returns.

Holy shit, I had no idea he took that. Haha.

Not pictured: NichM brutally savaging me in Netrunner with his Jinteki deck.

Also not pictured because of my big head...another prized possession next to the P3 figures. (CC: we.are.the.armada, Levito, Jello44, kewlmyc)

Those figures look great. In fact, your entire office space is cluttered in the best kind of way.

FluxWaveZ

Wonder if we'll get some more P4AU trailers from Atlus USA today. I'm leaning towards no, unfortunately.

Though, even more, I'm wondering what tomorrow's P4U2 video will be, if there is one. We haven't had a Thursday without a trailer yet, and I guess the signs would point to a captured member of the Shadow Ops.

Top Bottom