• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Sophia

Oh hey everyone, I just woke up! What's going on in this thre-...

No, I actually like Marie and having her in the game was the best thing they could show.

She's made the game ten times better because she's so cute and cool.

I totally agree with you.

Marie is a super cute sugoi poetry-goddess and a totally kawaii princessu to boot!!!

I ♥ Marie-hime~

aigiswtfddacy.jpg

Musolf815

I think I'm on a roll now!
I probably just jinxed myself...
Ne8IU8a.png

7th Generation Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapon, Aigis, reporting for duty! She may be a super robot, but she wasn't programmed to play golf, so her technique could use some work. Though when she makes contact she can blast it really far. Just don't expect her to drive it exactly where you want it to. Sure she's not perfect, but what human is?

Next we head over to the velvet room.

Wow! I really liked all of these so far, but I think this may be my favorite! Can't wait to see what you draw next!

FluxWaveZ

It'll be interesting to see what other characters' win quotes towards Marie are, especially Elizabeth's.

Ultimax has rectified many of the issues I had with P4A, but if/when they make a P4U3, they really need unique character MU entrances (and maybe even themes). I could tolerate no dedicated taunt button if they just had that to inject a bit more personality into the MUs.

Mdesilva

It'll be interesting to see what other characters' win quotes towards Marie are, especially Elizabeth's.

Ultimax has rectified many of the issues I had with P4A, but if/when they make a P4U3, they really need unique character MU entrances (and maybe even themes). I could tolerate no dedicated taunt button if they just had that to inject a bit more personality into the MUs.
Blazblue does special intros so well that I'm surprised they aren't really in P4U :(

FluxWaveZ

Blazblue does special intros so well that I'm surprised they aren't really in P4U :(

BlazBlue has a dedicated taunt button (which can be unique depending on the MU), MU specific themes, MU specific intros (which can be dynamic and cool as hell) and MU specific victory animations.

These are things I wanted in a sequel to P4A even before I knew there was going to be a sequel, and it's unfortunate that there aren't any, especially when it seems that the budget for P4U2 rivals—or perhaps surpasses—the budget for the usual BlazBlue game. Those kinds of touches add a lot of personality into a fighting game, and that's something that could have been especially effective in a game with a bunch of Persona characters meeting each other. Perhaps in P4U3.

Dugna

BlazBlue has a dedicated taunt button (which can be unique depending on the MU), MU specific themes, MU specific intros (which can be dynamic and cool as hell) and MU specific victory animations.

It does seem kinda weird they didn't make special intros or taunts for these matchups, because when the match ends each character acknowledges who they're fighting with special lines.

Wazzy

Banned
There's A different ending, but dont worry, its BLINDINGLY obvious when and what the choice should be.

Okay. I don't want to feel stupid so I'll just say where I am and what's happened(I don't think it has but to be safe)

I just beat moon boss #12 and a few things have happened. Last scene was
Chidori telling Junpei to stay away

Thanks!

Sophia

Is there anything important I need to know for P3 when I'm nearing the ending? Is there multiple endings like P4?

There's two endings, but one is basically a non-standard game over that is impossible to get unintentionally. We're talking an option that is basically "End the game early despite having fought nothing that resembles a final boss" obvious. :p

Wazzy

Banned
There's two endings, but one is basically a non-standard game over that is impossible to get unintentionally. We're talking an option that is basically "End the game early despite having fought nothing that resembles a final boss" obvious. :p

Ohhhhh okay then cool. Thank you both for the answers!

Okay. I don't want to feel stupid so I'll just say where I am and what's happened(I don't think it has but to be safe)

I just beat moon boss #12 and a few things have happened. Last scene was
Chidori telling Junpei to stay away

Thanks!

Oh. You're still a ways off if you're where I remember. What date are you at? That will clear it up.

All this Marie talk reminds me of the time I thought she was gonna be the new female playable character for p4. I decided to not read any golden content spoilers and I knew about p3p's feMC so I had certain expectations.

How could I forget the birthday of the best persona girl? I feel so ashamed

Wazzy

Banned
I haven't really struggled with any bosses yet except for Roulette and even then, once I figured out where to press the fight became easy. I think it's because I over level every time. I do a full run of Tartarus on one night while completing all requests and then work on S.links.

Yeah, youve got a good 3 months of game to go yet.

Okay sweet. Thanks!

Lunar15

I have entered an alternate fucking dimension. Is this Sliders?

The lack of P5 info has thrown this place completely off the rails.

P5? You must mean the P1 Grand Prix. There hasn't been a new Persona game since Capcom turned Atlus into a smartphone factory.
Here we just reminisce on the good old days.

The last few pages have been kind of weird, huh?

So... No English trailers today, right? I was hoping for a Chie trailer, considering what day it is today :p

Caladrius

"Marie is life, Marie is love"

Source?

Nobody has a goatee so I'll have to say it's the regular PersonaGAF.

Wow when did this happen? NaotoxNaoto, I understand.

You two are part of PersonaGAF's unofficial investigation team, so it only seemed natural.

Top Bottom