• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

kewlmyc

tumblr_mo5j33GTy81rorm7co1_500.jpg

This is more your speed, right?

I don't get the context of this...

I don't get the context of this...

I don't get it either.

But maaaybe she is blushing because she is seeing "newborn" Teddie? She is sewing his outfit after all. I hope I'm overthinking this.

Speaking of which, that Labrys looks awesome as well all of those arts from the Russian guy, specially Mitsuru-senpai. *-*

Squire

Banned
I don't get it either.

But maaaybe she is blushing because she is seeing "newborn" Teddie? She is sewing his outfit after all. I hope I'm overthinking this.

Speaking of which, that Labrys looks awesome as well all of those arts from the Russian guy, specially Mitsuru-senpai. *-*

Russian guy seems to be a professional artist. Posted a Judge Anderson cover not too long ago.

Sophia

There sure is a lot of good Labrys art.

That's because Labrys is awesome and has an awesome VA and her addition was actually foreshadowed and well integrated into the existing story. :p

Also I may or may not be biased because she's a robot!

Didn't notice the golden eyes considering how OOC it is for Shabrys.

Flux previously playing Shadow Labrys as a main makes PK's comment all the more amusing too.

That's because Labrys is awesome and has an awesome VA and her addition was actually foreshadowed and well integrated into the existing story. :p

Flux previously playing Shadow Labrys as a main makes PK's comment all the more amusing too.

I like Labrys because she could have gone so wrong, but turned out so well. Not to mention the first performance from Cindy Robinson that I genuinely liked.

Am I the only one who thinks Labrys English VA feels odd and doesn't fit her.

PK Gaming

Cindy Robinson absolutely nailed Shadow Labrys

She was perfect at conveying Shadow Labry's unbridled anger, bitterness and downright insanity.

And she also added a tea-spoon sexyness, which was much appreciated ♥

I'm probably in the minority but I prefer Labrys Japanese VA. I don't hate her English VA but like I said earlier her voice feels weird to me.

Andrefpvs

Wait, what do you mean by this? Were there hints to her existence outside of Persona 4 Arena?

By the way, I'm an unconditional fan of her English voice!

Mdesilva

Previously playing?! I thought he still did. Flux, confirm/deny?

Cindy Robinson absolutely nailed Shadow Labrys

She was perfect at conveying Shadow Labry's unbridled anger, bitterness and downright insanity.

And she also added a tea-spoon sexyness, which was much appreciated ♥
Shadow Labrys > Labrys.

She's even better as Zero III, though. Fight me.

I think I'm on a roll now!
I probably just jinxed myself...
Ne8IU8a.png

S7OZ5h0.png

I just really wanted to draw someone in a hat like that.
7th Generation Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapon, Aigis, reporting for duty! She may be a super robot, but she wasn't programmed to play golf, so her technique could use some work. Though when she makes contact she can blast it really far. Just don't expect her to drive it exactly where you want it to. Sure she's not perfect, but what human is?

Next we head over to the velvet room.

Ne8IU8a.png

7th Generation Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapon, Aigis, reporting for duty! She may be a super robot, but she wasn't programmed to play golf, so her technique could use some work. Though when she makes contact she can blast it really far. Just don't expect her to drive it exactly where you want it to. Sure she's not perfect, but what human is?

Dude, I wasn't aware of this series. It's great! This Aigis and the Yukiko one are my favorites!

Sophia

Ne8IU8a.png

*jawdrop*

PK Gaming

I still play Shadow Labrys as my main in P4A, but things will be changing a bit with Ultimax, especially since I plan to play a lot of reverse mirrors.

So you're going to dump her, just like that? After all you've been through!?!

Maybe I can pick her up on the rebound

FluxWaveZ

So you're going to dump her, just like that? After all you've been through!?!

Maybe I can pick her up on the rebound

The only reason I mained Shadow Labrys in P4A was because she was the only antagonist in the roster. Can't just outright drop her having spent 9k+ matches playing as her, but there's so many choices now, and I have a strong feeling [Redacted] will be a fundamental part of my arsenal.

8-9 new characters... it'll be tough to get used to playing them all.

PK Gaming

The only reason I mained Shadow Labrys in P4A was because she was the only antagonist in the roster. Can't just outright drop her having spent 9k+ matches playing as her, but there's so many choices now, and I have a strong feeling [Redacted] will be a fundamental part of my arsenal.

8-9 new characters... it'll be tough to get used to playing them all.

Haha, just teasing you. I figured you'd gravitate towards [Redacted] since [redacted] right up your alley. I hope [redacted] ends up being a character you enjoy using in the long run.

Now if you'll excuse me:

tumblr_m7xloaGn441qclbqko1_500.gif

Your EX-main awaits ♪

arue

Aigis looks great in red. Great job Chet!

I can't wait for Elizabeth in golf outfit~

That's because Labrys is awesome and has an awesome VA and her addition was actually foreshadowed and well integrated into the existing story.
Nope. At least in my opinion, I always found her voice annoying, specially those "Aw!" during battle, and didn't make me like the character that much (but I do agree with the other things.) On other hand, Shadow Labrys does sounds amazing.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Ne8IU8a.png

Awesome.

Sophia

Nope. At least in my opinion, I always found her voice annoying, specially those "Aw!" during battle, and didn't make me like the character that much (but I do agree with the other things.) On other hand, Shadow Labrys does sounds amazing.

Assuming you mean the English voice, as Ayana Taketatsu is still awesome in the Japanese version no matter what. :p

Some of the characters' voices in Arena are just so good in Japanese.

You know the only Persona Characters that I don't like voiced Japanese is Rise and Teddie. There are a bit annoying. Though the rest are great especially Shinji, Mitsuru, and Makoto. Shinji definitely because of Nakai the VA of Zoro from One Piece. That manly voice.

PK Gaming

Look

...She's probably the character i've spent the least time on

...And I hate using Asterius

...I'm not fond of her low HP either

...And I steel resent most S.lab mains

HOWEVER, I'm willing to overlook that and give her a chance. Why? Because she's my new favorite character.

tumblr_min4jcyb0M1qcd4vbo1_500.jpg

How can you say no to that face!

CorvoSol

Purse Owners 2: Eternal Peppermint

Well damn. I commented on this before, but I think it's interesting how, for the most part, Eternal Punishment is a lot more reserved in its insanity than Innocent Sin. IS was all about crazy shit piling up on more crazy shit, but Eternal Punishment is more like this crime drama/conspiracy scandal where you wonder just how deep this stuff goes. Then the game throws you for a loop by pointing out that everything in the game has been more subdued because your cast are adults, and credibility is requisite to the sustainability of rumors among them. Which is itself an impressive thought.

But right as you're learning this, the game drops three really big bombs in your lap.

KANDORI LIVES. Which shouldn't be a surprise after learning that HITLER LIVES (and is an immortal space wizard), but considering you physically watched the light go out of Kandori's eyes in Persona 1, it's pretty mind blowing. How he figures into everything has yet to really be explained, but the man was a) possessed by Nyarlathotep last time and b) using the mental breakdown of a dying teenager to ascend to Godhood, so whatever he's doing is bound to be fucked up anyway.

Katsuya's Chief Togashi of the SPD betrayed his father, ruining Mr. Suou's life, reputation and career (and costing him his life?) and the man has dreaded his reputation since he first signed onto the force. This is some excellent development for both Tatsuya and Katsuya because it explains how Tatsuya got to be such an aloof troublemaker and how Katsuya became such an uptight stickler for the rules at the same time. The best part of it all isn't just that Katsuya's entire view of justice and the justice symbol is dealt a fatal blow, though, it's that Baofu, who has treated him like shit for it the entire game, chooses not to do so in this moment of vulnerability.

The above is important because it ties directly into the last part, that Baofu is in fact a former member of the justice system whose life was destroyed at the Ministry's behest, explaining more or less all his motivations for the entire game. When Baofu is robbed of his chance to avenge himself by the X-1 tank, though, the tables are turned, and it is Katsuya who withholds condemnation.

What I find specifically important about these second two is that they take the time to really develop the relationship between Katsuya and Baofu in an interesting way. The two are shown to be not so different ends of a single spectrum. At the same time, they're not friends, and no major overtures of friendship are ever made. If anything, one expects that Baofu and Katsuya would likely blow sugar chunks upon the kind of friendship held between the members of the IT, but what these two do have is a sort of begrudging respect for one another and a deepening understanding of where the other is coming from.

As a last interesting bit, I'm impressed by just how much of P2 sets up concepts in P3. Namely,
we know that the Kirijo group is a splinter from the Nanjo group, and we discover that the Nanjo group helped fund the X-1 Tanks and the Kegare harvesting systems (however unknowingly). The X-1 Tanks being a sort of prototype transition from the Knights of the Holy Lance to the Anti-Shadow Weapons of P3, and the Kegare experiments heavily foreshadowing the Shadow experiments that caused most of P3.

Top Bottom