• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

I tolerate pre-Answer Aigis and Rise. Marie I genuinely enjoy.
Nothing at all, Shipmate! The Answer was when I started genuinely liking her.
16-Persona3-38-030.jpg

PK Gaming

Let's change things up a bit.

What is your favorite Megaten element, and why is it Zio?

Even the name is amazing. Say it out aloud. Go on; do it. It's fun, right? Zio! Z-I-O. Yep, I sure love Zio. Nevermind the fact that it's usually an the upper end of the spectrum in terms of viability (SHOCK status is my jam), it's just plain cool! Ziodyne has perhaps the most satisfying sound effect ever created. I always go out of my way to make Zio my main element in megaten games. Devil Survivor? Elec Dance all night long. Soul Hackers? Is there even choice?!? Go with the sexy element and dominate for the entire game. SMTIV? I'm a Zio man. Persona 1? I roll with Narukami the minute I get him. Persona 2? In Eternal Punishment, I gave Artemis the ZIODYNE skill card. Persona 3? Akihiko on every team + Personas that would usually have Zio skills. Persona 4? *HAH*

I can't give Zio all the credit though; Hama is pretty cool skill too.

I mean who doesn't like smiting your foes with righteous holy talismans? I wish there were variants of Hama that did damage, like in Persona 1.

Agi. Becasue I'm a child of the 90s and explosions are one of the quickest ways for me to feel gratified.
I also really like megido with its descending orbs. It's as if saying "Here comes the pain".

arue

Are you implying that everyone that will answer the question will answer Zio? :p

Anyway, I like Zio too. Thunder Reign is the best and the Reaper is no match for me and Odin (at least in FES).

Isn't 'almighty' its element?
Oh, whatever. Fire's still better.

Well, when you scan your opponents to see their weaknesses there are all the elements: Fire, Ice, Wind, Electricity, Light and Dark along with the Physical attacks.

From the megamitenseiwikia:

Almighty (万能, bannō) skills carry a special, non-elemental property and are usually not hindered by defenses such as repel or drain, barring a few exceptions like that of innate Almighty resistance from certain bosses (Noah and Lucifer in Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne), along with the new Passive skill Anti-Almighty in Devil Survivor 2. Almighty skills can be physical or magical.

That's true, but I'll allow it.

Physical skills are acceptable too!

Okay, then Almighty is my favorite one. Just because is almost indefensible and "megido" is a badass name that inflicts fear. lol

abrack08

Even the name is amazing. Say it out aloud. Go on; do it. It's fun, right? Zio! Z-I-O. Yep, I sure love Zio. Nevermind the fact that it's usually an the upper end of the spectrum in terms of viability (SHOCK status is my jam), it's just plain cool! Ziodyne has perhaps the most satisfying sound effect ever created. I always go out of my way to make Zio my main element in megaten games. Devil Survivor? Elec Dance all night long. Soul Hackers? Is there even choice?!? Go with the sexy element and dominate for the entire game. SMTIV? I'm a Zio man. Persona 1? I roll with Narukami the minute I get him. Persona 2? In Eternal Punishment, I gave Artemis the ZIODYNE skill card. Persona 3? Akihiko on every team + Personas that would usually have Zio skills. Persona 4? *HAH*

I can't give Zio all the credit though; Hama is pretty cool skill too.

I mean who doesn't like smiting your foes with righteous holy talismans? I wish there were variants of Hama that did damage, like in Persona 1.

Well, water is usually my favorite element in RPGs (and my favorite Pokémon type), so they need to bring Aquadyne back. For just the ones in the current games, I'd probably go with Agi. This probably isn't true but I felt like more enemies used Agi attacks in P3 so I always had a good fire Persona for that resistance.

What is your favorite Megaten element?
Garu. Those animations are pretty sweet and the color green makes it cool.

Wind has always been my favorite elemental attack in shows/videogames. Just the idea of making a freakin' tornado is pretty awesome. Also, most of the times it's also related to speed, and I looooove speedsters and their combat style.

Plus, only the best characters in P3 and P4 use it.

Top Bottom