• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Sophia

... Shouldn't we get back on topic, guys?

Yes, yes we should. When Twitter is more on-topic then this topic is, you know you've dun goofed.

Speaking of which, as I mentioned on Twitter, I've kinda grown fond of Marie. She's still an utterly awful character as far as Social Links go, but her appearances in other stuff has made her a much better character.

Tamanon

Banned
It helps that she is becoming more integrated with the group in more media. So, she doesn't just seem like an outsider shoehorned in. I've enjoyed her in P4GA, and this'll have the bonus of being new to me once they get into the later stuff, as the only ending I ever got in P4G was the new "bad" ending which I loved.
The Accomplice

Tiu Neo

Yes, yes we should. When Twitter is more on-topic then this topic is, you know you've dun goofed.

Speaking of which, as I mentioned on Twitter, I've kinda grown fond of Marie. She's still an utterly awful character as far as Social Links go, but her appearances in other stuff has made her a much better character.

She was meh for me, on the game. Didn't really hate her, but didn't like the way they put her on the game. The Golden Animation is fixing that for me, now.

Setsu00

Yep, her social link is awful, but I like what they did with her during
her dungeon
and I heared she's supposedly more likable in Q as well.

Sophia

In deep, you all love her. But you just don't accept it yet. That's okay. In the end, Atlus will conquer your hearts as they always do.

Uh, no. Not quite. She'll forever be one of the worst social links ever introduced in P3 or P4, and the way they keep trying to push her as a canonical romance rather than a potential romance for Narukami is all sorts of weird and stupid. Not to mention undermines the original game. And her poems suck.

But now that she's better integrated into the cast thanks to P4AU, PQ, and P4GA, she's not too bad. Certainly not the trainwreck of a character I used to think of her as.

CorvoSol

Yeah, I think that incorporating her into the Golden material helps her out. She's no favorite, but it's preferable to how she is ingame.

Gazoinks

Yeah, my main issue in Golden has always been that her S.Link was pretty badly put together. I liked most of the non-S.Link story stuff in Golden related to her.

Also her poems are the worst

kewlmyc

P4GA is making me actually like Marie, to be honest. However, I am skipping any episode that doesn't focus on comedy so that could be why.

Yup I feel like it really isn't Marie's fault (LOL), it was just how rushed her implementation was. Idk about you all but after P4GA I actually like her, and seeing her with the gang is awesome, it's almost as if she's an actual part of the group! I look forward to seeing the rest of the anime to see where they go with her, but after watching this, I definitely don't mind her at all.

Uh, no. Not quite. She'll forever be one of the worst social links ever introduced in P3 or P4, and the way they keep trying to push her as a canonical romance rather than a potential romance for Narukami is all sorts of weird and stupid. Not to mention undermines the original game. And her poems suck.

he+didnt+even+refund+me+my+money+_14a591acde30be68c743349343b9389f.gif

Shh.. it's okay, Sophia... This Marie thing is real... but everything is gonna be alright. lol

Can't help but post this, but here's a grown-up Kanji Tatsumi narrating how Atlus starts taking over the world.

Call of Duty: Modern Waifuwarfare. lol

Dantis

Oh hey guys, nice to see things didn't get weird over the last few hours.

That Fuuka art is easily the guy's best. Looks like he's responded to the praise and more work into this one. It looks so good.

.... this is not. wtf. :|

LOL.

Am I the only one who thinks that maybe Soejima designed the character's initial DAN costumes, ie the ones they wear as soon as you unlock them (and probably be used in the story mode), and then there will be other unlockable costumes designed by the other artists (which can be used in 'free play')?

If we compare DAN to the project Diva games, those have a wiiiiiiide selection of costumes to choose from. Hopefully this will follow the same trend.

I have considered this also.

Like I said, I think it's too early to say either way.

Dantis

Holy shit, I had no idea he took that. Haha.

Not pictured: NichM brutally savaging me in Netrunner with his Jinteki deck.

Also not pictured because of my big head...another prized possession next to the P3 figures.

Wait, you guys have the vinyls from the EU version of P4A? That's pretty funny/neat.

Also not pictured because of my big head...another prized possession next to the P3 figures. (CC: we.are.the.armada, Levito, Jello44, kewlmyc)

What an awesome desk. That Don't Starve figure is also pretty cool too.

Dantis

You're really just gonna straight up say he's lying? Wow.

He's an amazing artist (like, really good.), but I would say that he's either stretching what could be considered a sketch or he's lying, yes.

EDIT: To expand on that, check out his other Persona pictures. His earlier ones are lot less polished and accurate, and look more like actual polished up sketches. His Fuuka one does not.

arue

That's a lie. Just like 98% of the stuff on SketchDailies.

That, or other people have very flexible opinions on what counts as a sketch.

My definition of sketch is 30 minutes and under. That artist can draw pretty quick, so who knows.

Also not pictured because of my big head...another prized possession next to the P3 figures. (CC: we.are.the.armada, Levito, Jello44, kewlmyc)

Makoto figure.. I want it so bad.

So many Teddies in the picture, I spy eight of them already.

kewlmyc

Cool, you kept it. Also, even as a small figurine, Makoto has shitty posture.

kewlmyc

The other stuff on there compared to this one is also so much better... I love me some Persona art, but this oneis nothing compared to a bunch of stuff that's there. Is this a guy or girl btw? This style of drawing and painting seems very feminine to me, but I could be wrong.

Top Bottom