• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

If there was one genre I absolutely never want to see Persona explore under any circumstance, it's the MOBA genre.

They're games that are rarely developed by Japanese studios, anyways. And it would have to be on PC to function properly. And it would have to be F2P to compete properly with others in the already saturated genre. It wouldn't have a proper story facet, like literally every other, non-mobile Persona game to date.

Nimby

Banned
Oh, that does make me recall the only game that I could think of that a Persona cross-over would work with: The World Ends With You.

I've always felt Persona vibes the TWEWY cast, despite never actually playing it
it's on a very long list!

King Fost

Neo Member
If there was a theoretical Persona x Danganronpa, what do you think it should be, then? It's hard to think of since the game's they originate from are not only of different genres (though one could argue JRPGs can be pretty close to VNs in a way), but the subject matter of the franchises are entirely different. What comes to mind is both games' characters stuck in a school, but doing classroom trials about stuff like "Who stole the meat gum?" (reminds me of some PQ side quests)

This is why I was wondering about this; it's pretty hard to envision a proper Persona cross-over (and I don't mean simply in terms of genres like they've been doing, but of IP), although Persona x Devil Survivor was suggested above, and that could be pretty simple to imagine.

Persona 4 Arena x Tekken

EMT0

Banned
How about a Persona crossover with...Persona? Those games that are rumored to exist but only Buddha swears as a witness they're real? :p

Before Atlus thinks about a Persona crossover with another franchise, I'd like a proper crossover of the Persona franchise

EDIT: My legit answer to this is sort of cheating, I guess, but Persona(and SMT) x Smash Bros would be my dream choice. A healthy mix of cast members and demons to Smash Your Bros(tm).

Makio

Her voice improvement does wonders for her too
That's because Wendee Lee voice is fucking sweet and adorable and goes too well with the adorable Q's Fuuka design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf5eXsj6Ptw

Wendee Lee is one of the best VA (maybe one of my female top 3 VA) too bad she is the female Troy Baker or Yuri Lowenthal ... she in EVERY anime or game.
-------
I love that Mitsuru pic , and i love that girl how make the role in Weird Masquerade and this one ... she is the same girl right ?

If one day they decide to make a live action P3 movie , i can see someone like her taking the role.

1798168_688715111242939_294483272235558106_n.jpg

(Because its almost imposible to make a actress looks exactly like the anime counterpart).

Makio

Persona X Conception series....

Yu Narukami having babies with all the waifu , using that to defeat shadows.

Every child with one persona ... based in class , mother and shit.

Minstrel.jpg

Easy money there...

Vylash

Minstrel.jpg

Easy money there...

This is interesting, though I found the combat and dungeon crawling in Conception 2 even more tedious than Persona, and I'd want a crossover to move away from that

PK Gaming

Persona x DanganRonpa is awesome on a conceptual level, but it would never work in practice.

TXNUbQO.gif

This totally needs to happen though

3IkCS2h.gif

FluxWaveZ

Basically, none of us have good ideas or ideas crazy enough for it to actually happen... like a Persona dancing game.

Bring on the new IP, I guess. Radiant HiSTORIEa.

How about a Persona crossover with...Persona? Those games that are rumored to exist but only Buddha swears as a witness they're real? :p
Persona 1 and Persona 2 Rumored to Exist

NeoGAF user buddha0991 outrageously claims to be a fan of Persona games that precede Persona 3
[…]

Gazoinks

I don't ever want to see Personas in an operating room

"Mara has several deadly blood cots, you'll have to go in with the scalpel and remove them!"
"That's... No, I'm good actually. It's fine. Just give it some aspirin and send it home. Please."

Meia

I'm ok with more Persona Q moving forward, not sure what else could really be done. I mean I guess another obvious one could be Miku x Persona 4 Dancing(provided that turns out good), though a Theaterrhythm: SMT(including Persona) may be the best out of anything. :D

Guess Who

Banned
So. P4, Arena, and Ultimax spoilers.

So in the true end of P4, the TV world has been purified and turned into a beautiful green mountain landscape and shit. Hooray. In Arena, it becomes the Midnight Channel again. D-did they ever fix it back in Ultimax?

I feel like they never did and this is a giant problem, but maybe I'm forgetting something.

So in the true end of P4, the TV world has been purified and turned into a beautiful green mountain landscape and shit. Hooray. In Arena, it becomes the Midnight Channel again. D-did they ever fix it back in Ultimax?

I feel like they never did and this is a giant problem, but maybe I'm forgetting something.

I'm guessing they just forgot about it. :/

Caladrius

Persona x Coming Out On Top.

*whistles and slinks away*

It shows up as it did in Arena at the end of Ultimax, so I assume it wasn't fixed.

PK Gaming

I think Teddie makes an off-hand comment about how things will go back to normal "when things settle down."

FluxWaveZ

I can't find this line for the life of me, even after searching for various phrases through the entire P4-side Ultimax script, sigh. Was it in Arena 1, maybe?

I don't remember that specific line, though it's pretty much how I assumed it would happen in the end. Though, hopefully it's not that much of an issue in the future, if the Midnight Channel isn't to be revisited again.

Sophia

I remember the line. I think it's on P4 side of Ultimax? Not 100% sure, but it was definitely said.

EDIT: Found it. I was right on it's specific location.

Teddie: Still the same. It should go back to normal eventually, but the P-1 Grand Prix had such an effect that it's still noisy there...

BizzyBum

I finally got around to beating P3 and currently on the first boss in Antenora in The Answer epilogue.

This is not fun. I was expecting The Answer to be more laid back with more story then fighting, yet it's the exact opposite. All this is is fighting with small snippets of story at the end of each block. It wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't so freaking hard. Bosses usually crush me forcing me to grind in the dungeon for hours until I stand a chance.

I'm at the point where I might just watch a Let's Play and see how the story unfolds and just move on.

I finally got around to beating P3 and currently on the first boss in Antenora in The Answer epilogue.

This is not fun. I was expecting The Answer to be more laid back with more story then fighting, yet it's the exact opposite. All this is is fighting with small snippets of story at the end of each block. It wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't so freaking hard. Bosses usually crush me forcing me to grind in the dungeon for hours until I stand a chance.

I'm at the point where I might just watch a Let's Play and see how the story unfolds and just move on.

You don't want the story Answer's selling.

See, for me, Chie is the only one I find upsetting. Chie was a caring, easy-going girl next-door and PQ reduces her to a flesh eating bacteria in a plaid miniskirt.

Were Q and Arena by different writing staffs? Because I actually feel like Arena does a much better job of keeping the characters from 4 consistent with themselves.

I think it's a tossup for me. Arena does Chie and Teddie *slightly* better, but Q does Kanji and Yukiko better. Bias aside, I feel like from the 4 cast, Yosuke and Naoto have had the most consistent characterization across all the games.

Basically, none of us have good ideas or ideas crazy enough for it to actually happen... like a Persona dancing game.

Bring on the new IP, I guess. Radiant HiSTORIEa.

Yeah... I'd love something else like Radiant Historia. Some kind of spiritual sequel would be awesome.

You don't want the story Answer's selling.

See, I disagree. I really like The Answer's story, so I think their best bet would be to try playing/watching it themselves and then they can decide.

CorvoSol

Is there any other series anyone here can think of which would actually fit well with Persona for a cross-over game (or which anyone would genuinely want to see)? I was thinking about the nature of Atlus' recent collaborations, and I was wondering if P Studio would actually want to do this with Persona for anything.

I do think that something about SMTxFE actually makes sense. Then there are others which make even more sense like Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright or Street Fighter x Tekken. Can't think of any analog for Persona off the top of my head, though.

Persona x Mother. The cast of Mother isn't as pronounced as Persona's, but Mother's quirky urban fantasy world fits Persona's perfectly.

Sophia

Hmm... An excuse for reused assets or another sequel hook?

There are sequel hooks everywhere in Ultimax. That isn't really one, though. Not necessarily an excuse for reused assets, either.

Eh. I'd disagree with that. They didn't really leave much anything open for a sequel. They just left it open-ended in case they ever wanted to go back to it. The actual plot from the first Arena was concluded.

FluxWaveZ

Eh. I'd disagree with that. They didn't really leave much anything open for a sequel. They just left it open-ended in case they ever wanted to go back to it. The actual plot from the first Arena was concluded.

Sure, there are no cliffhangers. Still, I would say there are at least a few sequel hooks in the game, regardless. Sho himself is a big one already.

Sophia

Sure, there are no cliffhangers. Still, I would say there are at least a few sequel hooks in the game, regardless. Sho himself is a big one already.

That's really about the extent of it tho. Everything else was cleared up.

P4 ULTIMAX ENDING SPOILERS TIME. DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU WANT TO CRY IN DESPAIR THAT YOU SPOILED YOURSELF:
I am curious as to where they intend to go with Sho. I actually felt he was much better in the P3 route without all that wildcard crap being thrown in. Plus his interactions with Labrys are amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom