• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

muteki

P3D needs to happen, the songs are great, P4D is fun to play, and they could fix some of the near-misses in that game and really have something awesome. P5D could be a thing too.

Just don't know if Atlus wants to be releasing Vita games a year or two from now, and I'm not sure I would enjoy it as much on anything else outside of maybe a 3ds.

If P3D actually becomes a reality, I really don't want to see it on 3DS.

I have nothing against the handheld, but it's not exactly the greatest at rendering models.

Even if it means that I'll actually get to play it.

Gradon

I thought I'd post my Teddie cosplay here, just in case anyone wants to see.

10382089_10152592129327148_326102000882187035_o.jpg

I'll be cosplaying Teddie again at MCM Comic Con Manchester in the UK if anyone here is going, say hi.

Guess Who

Banned
This mentality doesn't make sense to me. Let's say they do that. When in 2016 would they localize it? When would Laura's schedule fit with the production schedule? What do they do if she's booked solid for the first five months of 2016? Do they release DAN after P5 then? If they do that, is it going to negatively impact DAN sales, and if so, how much?

You're looking at this from a "this wouldn't be practical for Atlus" perspective and I am looking at this from an "I don't give a fuck" perspective

You're looking at this from a "this wouldn't be practical for Atlus" perspective and I am looking at this from an "I don't give a fuck" perspective

Fair enough! Just different mindsets.

Just to add to that though: I wasn't saying it wouldn't be practical for just Atlus, I don't like it as a player either. But that's just me.

VegiHam

Thing about Rise's voice is, I feel like she comes across a little different between English and Japanese. Japanese Rise has this whole cliché anime girl 'I'll try my best' incompetency vibe; English Rise felt a lot more like a confident professional. I don't really know how to explain that better. I seriously hope that was deliberate though and NewRise comes across similarly.

PK Gaming

Thing about Rise's voice is, I feel like she comes across a little different between English and Japanese. Japanese Rise has this whole cliché anime girl 'I'll try my best' incompetency vibe; English Rise felt a lot more like a confident professional. I don't really know how to explain that better. I seriously hope that was deliberate though and NewRise comes across similarly.

No I get you. There's this nuance to Laura Bailey's rendition of Rise. Like, she's got the hyperactive "SENPAIIIIIIIIIII" aspect of her down to pat, but she's also got the thoughtful, "real talk" aspect of Rise as well. Not sure if that's the case in the Japanese version, but it was very clear in the English version. Not trying to bag on Ashley Burch since I love her, but I don't think she's suited to delivering that dichotomy.

CorvoSol

Honestly, I think people are too worried about all this.

This is not a game that you play for story. People are going to blitz through the terrible story mode and then spend the bulk of their time in Free Play.

I'm not worried about that, and while I think the new voice cast tend to get way too much flak from the fanbase (Matt Mercer is doing just fine, guys) the sound bites in gameplay will still kinda be there. So I mean, you're right, after story we'll hear ~less~ NewRise, but she'll still be there makin' quips and tips while playing her songs in free play.

Unless we can turn off character voices entirely during Free Play, which I would welcome because sometimes you just want video game characters to not talk.

Honestly, I think people are too worried about all this.

This is not a game that you play for story. People are going to blitz through the terrible story mode and then spend the bulk of their time in Free Play.

So is it better or worse than Ultimax in terms of story?

Dantis

Now that's salty. Oh my.

So is it better or worse than Ultimax in terms of story?

I dunno. I can't understand it.

I can tell you that it only spans a handful of locations and events, and is largely WORDS WORDS WORDS with no actual action taken.

From what I could tell, it seems very, very straight forward. It's written by the same guy who wrote Arena, and it seems to be very much in the same vein as Arena's plot (minus the Labrys stuff).

I'm sure some people will enjoy it, but it's not for me. Fortunately, Free Dance absolutely is.

Lunar15

I can't imagine why anyone would play the spinoffs for the stories. Character interactions sure, but really, the spinoff stories are all contrivances in order to explain why the characters are fighting/dancing/map drawing. Then, to stay "true" to the theme and message of the original games, they wheel out a speech or two about believing in yourself and your friends. Nothing expressly wrong with that, nor is it wrong to enjoy that, it's just that there's no reason to take them seriously or worry about canon.

I'm just there for the fighting/dancing/map drawing/music.

Makio

Seems the english voice of Kanamin in Dancing All Night is Rena Strober (which confirmed a weeks ago she is going to voice Azura / Aqua in Fire Emblem IF).

Is not 100% confirmed but if is true , im glad they pick someone new for a change and can actually sing, (But i dont know if Kanamin sings in the game ... but she is a idol so maybe).

A MV of her ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qULAVnNX8nQ

Seems the english voice of Kanamin in Dancing All Night is Rena Strober (which confirmed a weeks ago she is going to voice Azura / Aqua in Fire Emblem IF).

Is not 100% confirmed but if is true , im glad they pick someone new for a change and can actually sing, (But i dont know if Kanamin sings in the game ... but she is a idol so maybe).

A MV of her ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qULAVnNX8nQ

Kanami's VO sings the song used for the credits, although I doubt that they would translate that.

Makio

Kanami's VO sings the song used for the credits, although I doubt that they would translate that.

Can happen ... but is not likely , makes me wonder about the Junes theme too , they going to keep the japanese too... but is going to be weird hear the Junes japanese slogan and not the "Everyday day is great to junes".

I mean they dub "True Story" in Persona 4 Golden.

So for me is a chance they dub the tracks , but dont see happening really

Same thing in Fire Emblem IF , since she dub the Aqua song in the trailer and that is basically the main theme of the game so wonder if she going to dub the full song or they keep the japanese one.

Meia

Yeah, the Junes song is one of those things that probably didn't need to be changed in terms of localization since it's a jingle/slogan that was already in english anyway, but eh.

Thanks for reminding me that we never got a full Laura Bailey version of True Story, and now never will. :p

Can happen ... but is not likely , makes me wonder about the Junes theme too , they going to keep the japanese too... but is going to be weird hear the Junes japanese slogan and not the "Everyday day is great to junes".

I mean they dub "True Story" in Persona 4 Golden.

So for me is a chance they dub the tracks , but dont see happening really

Same thing in Fire Emblem IF , since she dub the Aqua song in the trailer and that is basically the main theme of the game so wonder if she going to dub the full song or they keep the japanese one.

With Laura Bailey gone one thing we won't be getting is a full version of True Story in English.

The context in P4G forced them to translate True Story, they don't really have any reason to translate any other tracks, and they had the Junes theme at their E3 booth untranslated, so that's not getting dubbed at least.

Makio

Thanks for reminding me that we never got a full Laura Bailey version of True Story, and now never will. :p

I pay real money for a Ashly Burch version though

PD ; Ok so they not going to touch the music ... ok ok i dont say anything.

Yeah, the Junes song is one of those things that probably didn't need to be changed in terms of localization since it's a jingle/slogan that was already in english anyway, but eh.

It wouldn't fit the beat then, would it? It only works in Japanese because they pronounce it "Ju-ne-su." So if they're going to have to change it, they might as well have it make more sense too.

cj_iwakura

I'm listening to a ton of 80s synthwave while editing P2 EP PSP. Hopefully that doesn't result in Katsuya talking like a new waver.

Starting PQ. is it necessary to use a guide at any point? Or can you go through the game fine without one.

A couple of the puzzles are a bit obtuse, but just take your time and think through them and you should be fine, if needed just ask in here for a hint or two.

I can't imagine why anyone would play the spinoffs for the stories. Character interactions sure, but really, the spinoff stories are all contrivances in order to explain why the characters are fighting/dancing/map drawing. Then, to stay "true" to the theme and message of the original games, they wheel out a speech or two about believing in yourself and your friends. Nothing expressly wrong with that, nor is it wrong to enjoy that, it's just that there's no reason to take them seriously or worry about canon.

I'm just there for the fighting/dancing/map drawing/music.

I dunno, i legitimately enjoyed Arena and Ultimax's stories

Shun

Ugh, I really want one of those. Did you manage to find one that didn't cost an arm and a leg?

¥4500 + tax + shipping.

How much does it really go for?

Also the head can't separate sadly. I can't use this superior Aegis head for anything else...

Rainy

Banned
Hm I'm unsure which protag to pick in PQ, hmm hard choice.
Did you guys playthrough the game twice with different protagonists, or do you guys think there is a better side?

FluxWaveZ

Wheee, binged on the Persona magazine and the Playstation magazine for P4DAN dlc codes...

Fun fun though I still need to order a yen card but ugh, dunno how much I want to spend for one.

Well just picked up an Aegis.

I remember my first Aigis. Now i have 3

Hm I'm unsure which protag to pick in PQ, hmm hard choice.
Did you guys playthrough the game twice with different protagonists, or do you guys think there is a better side?

I just went with my favorite characters. So P3MC, Aigis, Shinji, Yukari, and i have P4MC thrown in there because i want to level him up too

FluxWaveZ

Atlus put up a p-ch post about the maintenance. That's all.

Also, if a weird Persona 5 rumor starts catching on while I'm away, I want to indicate a few things:
  1. Track the original source.
  2. Look at my forum post (compare dates and reasoning of the original source).
  3. Persona 5 is not coming out for the PlayStation Vita.
Edit: Awesome, seems that it didn't catch on whatsoever and that it isn't going to. Ignore the above, then.

FluxWaveZ

Looks like they're taking PMB2014 to another level and actually doing a small tour.
Sorry if old, I'm just so happy to see all their success.

It was just announced a 2-3 hours ago, actually. So there's the Persona Dream Concert, Persona Super Live 2015, the Persona 4: Dancing All Night launch event and now the Persona Livehouse Tour 2015. Heh, when it comes just to Persona, these guys have been busy.

It was just announced a 2-3 hours ago, actually. So there's the Persona Dream Concert, Persona Super Live 2015, the Persona 4: Dancing All Night launch event and now the Persona Livehouse Tour 2015. Heh, when it comes just to Persona, these guys have been busy.

Oh, OK, I'm not feeling too hot so I just did a quick check of my twitter feed and saw this.
All these shows and I don't get to see a single one, the dream for a european show is still alive though.

since everyone else seems to be getting Aigis, I also just got an Aigis
Splatoon Amiibo for scale
absolutely gigantic

I dont have a proper display area yet, but here is where she sits for now with the rest of my persona figures. I only have on Aeon card, so once my Marie prize figure comes in Ill probably have to move Aigis behind her. Shes so gigantic anyway she makes the half circle difficult

Sophia

Just use this handy dandy quick guide to protagonists I made to help you with your decision

And to answer your second question, yes.

Psst, P3 protagonist uses "ore" during the movies. Also, "boku" isn't deferential normally. "Watashi" would be deferential when used by a man.

absolutely gigantic

I dont have a proper display area yet, but here is where she sits for now with the rest of my persona figures. I only have on Aeon card, so once my Marie prize figure comes in Ill probably have to move Aigis behind her. Shes so gigantic anyway she makes the half circle difficult

Unable to comprehend awesomeness. Shutting down.

DNAbro

absolutely gigantic

oh wow that's pretty big

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom