• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SND

Banned
So I've finally gotten to that point in P3P where I need to decide which of the ladies I'll date. I've dated someone different on each playthru, but have always stuck with just one girl

It got me wondering if the average Persona player dates as many girls as possible, or if everyone is as monogamously boring like I am.

I don''t think it's about being boring so much as being patient.

I would figure by your second playthrough you would prioritize seeing everything that you missed.

Near the end of Episode P4 in Ultimax... yeesh, it drags a lot more than Arena 1, the good parts are way too few and far between.

But WTF,
Kagutsuchi? What's next, YHWH? Lucy? Oh, if only. Let's see bonds stand up against HIGH KING.

Didn't expect a CP style final boss, heh. Still should've gone with Nyarlathotep, though.

Nyarly or at least Erebus. Something to tie the series together.

Setsu00

Speaking of character design, the artist that did Devil Survivor 2 did some art for Yatagarasu. Anyone know what he worked on exactly? A character or backgrounds maybe?

The designs Soejima did for Zone of the Enders 2 were amazing. I would love to see a militaristic scifi game with his art design.

Soejima didn't work on ZOE2, Kaneko did. However, Soejima was responsible for the original characters in A.C.E.3.

Zolo

Persona 1 and 2 characters show up only for the P3 and P4 characters to get pissed off they enter the velvet room and get to use multiple personas.

Considering the quality of the p4 spin offs, I'd rather them being self contained.
No need to drag down old villains in to that cesspool of horrible

Maybe..?
I mean, you're right, but even if they screwed it up we could have declared them non-canon all the same.
Who knows, maybe using characters with a legacy behind them would have encouraged the writers to do a better job.

cj_iwakura

Maybe..?
I mean, you're right, but even if they screwed it up we could have declared them non-canon all the same.
Who knows, maybe using characters with a legacy behind them would have encouraged the writers to do a better job.
Kagutsuchi does have a legacy, though. In Nocturne, at least.

Meia

Is P3P the definitive version of P3?

There is no definitive version. You either get a path with better social links and a greatly simplified battle/fatigue system but assy/cheap presentation, or worse social links but a more fun battle/fatigue system and good presentation.

arue

Some Persona merch from AX arrived today, thanks to a friend. \o/
bRQk73s.jpg

FluxWaveZ

Famitsu’s most wanted games (6/14/15): [PS4] Persona 5 – 562 votes; [PS3] Persona 5 – 350 votes; Total – 912

Famitsu’s most wanted games (6/21/15): [PS4] Persona 5 – 527 votes; [PS3] Persona 5 – 454 votes; Total – 981

Famitsu’s most wanted games (6/28/15): [PS4] Persona 5 – 648 votes; [PS3] Persona 5 – 480 votes; Total – 1,128

Famitsu’s most wanted games (7/13/15): [PS4] Persona 5 – 689 votes; [PS3] Persona 5 – 470 votes; Total – 1,159

Most recent one has it above FFXV.

Nimby

Banned
Famitsu’s most wanted games (6/14/15): [PS4] Persona 5 – 562 votes; [PS3] Persona 5 – 350 votes; Total – 912

Famitsu’s most wanted games (6/21/15): [PS4] Persona 5 – 527 votes; [PS3] Persona 5 – 454 votes; Total – 981

Famitsu’s most wanted games (6/28/15): [PS4] Persona 5 – 648 votes; [PS3] Persona 5 – 480 votes; Total – 1,128

Famitsu’s most wanted games (7/13/15): [PS4] Persona 5 – 689 votes; [PS3] Persona 5 – 470 votes; Total – 1,159

Awesome.

PK Gaming

lcsZaYS.gif

tumblr_inline_nndmet25yk1r4h9jn_500.gif

giphy.gif

DC541hO.gif

I don't know if I'm just out of touch, but I expected there to be more votes for the PS3 version, maybe tied at best. Wonder if that's going to translate into sales at all. Regardless, happy to see that hype.

FluxWaveZ

I don't know if I'm just out of touch, but I expected there to be more votes for the PS3 version, maybe tied at best. Wonder if that's going to translate into sales at all. Regardless, happy to see that hype.

Since the Famitsu readership is more indicative of an audience similar to us (i.e. enthusiasts) and really not indicative of overall sales, those are probably people who are more about the current generation systems than wanting to think about the previous generation, so I guess the votes reflect that.

Dugna

Sony needs to work with Atlus to make a LE PS4 for P5, I mean even freaking P4DAN got a LE console so P5 should definitely get one.

DNAbro

Sony needs to work with Atlus to make a LE PS4 for P5, I mean even freaking P4DAN got a LE console so P5 should definitely get one.

it's one of the biggest PS4 games hitting japan this year. Only one i can think that may be bigger is MGSV. No way isn't it getting a LE.

Since the Famitsu readership is more indicative of an audience similar to us (i.e. enthusiasts) and really not indicative of overall sales, those are probably people who are more about the current generation systems than wanting to think about the previous generation, so I guess the votes reflect that.

Makes sense.

Olengie

it's one of the biggest PS4 games hitting japan this year. Only one i can think that may be bigger is MGSV. No way isn't it getting a LE.

I believe this will happen.

I hope Persona 5 gets a Collectors Edition and I hope it blows my mind away.

The strolls in PQ are kinda like social links, I like em. Rei is cuuuute.

I'm usually not a fan of fanservice, but PQ did something right that made me enjoy all the interactions between characters so far, even the 5 minute long dialogue sessions that randomly crop up in dungeons sometimes

So I've finally gotten to that point in P3P where I need to decide which of the ladies I'll date. I've dated someone different on each playthru, but have always stuck with just one girl

It got me wondering if the average Persona player dates as many girls as possible, or if everyone is as monogamously boring like I am.

I've actually only maxed Chihiro and Yukari on the list of people you can romance in FES (even though Aigis is technically
a "love" candidate from her last 2-3 S. Link ranks
, she isn't affected like the other girls are. But god damn i love her final S. Link ranks)

Nope. You have FES and P3P. FES lets you actually control the character on an overworld, cutscenes use actual character models, there are a few anime-style animated cutscenes (although those are fairly poor quality, but i like the few that play at the end of the game), The Answer, and you can only control the MC.

P3P has a visual novel style, only having portraits as backgrounds and characters only appearing for dialogue boxes on screen, you can control your entire party, and you can play as FeMC, who is much more headstrong and cheerful judging from her dialogue options.

I've said it many times, enough to where i both sound like a broken record and must be annoying people by now, i want them to both be put together into one definitive version.

Wow, Ps4 version is above Ps3?

Guys, I've played Persona 3 last year and it was going pretty nice although I felt pretty lost, I mean I should do stuff but there is so much to choose from so I have problems deciding should I improve my stats or go with friends or whatever.
Anyway I was kinda burned out after marathoning Planescape back than so after a while I stopped and I got the urge again today. I loaded it back up it is 15th of May. And I don't really remember all that much. I think I beat the boss in the
train
last.
But I hope I'll remember as I go. Anyway any tips on enjoying myself and not stressing out on activities? Can I screw up so hard with "wrong" activities that I make it a lot harder for myself?
Anyhow I'll give it a shot again and am sure to ask a question or two in the coming days :)

Guys, I've played Persona 3 last year and it was going pretty nice although I felt pretty lost, I mean I should do stuff but there is so much to choose from so I have problems deciding should I improve my stats or go with friends or whatever.
Anyway I was kinda burned out after marathoning Planescape back than so after a while I stopped and I got the urge again today. I loaded it back up it is 15th of May. And I don't really remember all that much. I think I beat the boss in the
train
last.
But I hope I'll remember as I go. Anyway any tips on enjoying myself and not stressing out on activities? Can I screw up so hard with "wrong" activities that I make it a lot harder for myself?
Anyhow I'll give it a shot again and am sure to ask a question or two in the coming days :)

There's nothing you can do that will ACTIVELY ruin a play through, so don't worry about it.

Play it blind and do what you want to, leave a 'perfect' run for NG+ since that is pretty much how it's meant to be done anyway.

Also, don't be afraid to ask if you get stuck with anything. Nothing worse than seeing 90000 people on gaming side telling you to 'grind more' when that's never the optimal solution.

train
last.

There's nothing you can do that will ACTIVELY ruin a play through, so don't worry about it.

Play it blind and do what you want to, leave a 'perfect' run for NG+ since that is pretty much how it's meant to be done anyway.

Also, don't be afraid to ask if you get stuck with anything. Nothing worse than seeing 90000 people on gaming side telling you to 'grind more' when that's never the optimal solution.

you should probably grind more, but with a smile.

Jakku

Definitive? Absolutely not, it's all preference. The female MC was a cute addition, but no anime cutscenes and the weak descriptions acting as a visual novel didn't let it stand up on its own to me as compared to the ps2 version. Plus the Answer, which is shit, but.. it's still content.

Zebetite

Banned
train
last.

Try not to spend too much time in Tartarus. Night Time is extremely valuable for getting your social stats (Courage, Academics and Charm) up via the Arcade in the mall, plus there's a couple night time social links. Get as far as you can in Tartarus after each story boss (like, go up until you can literally go up no further), but try to do it in as few nights as possible.

That's probably the only advice I'd give.

Sophia

Happy 9th Anniversary Persona 3!

The world is better off now thanks to more Aigis.

train
last.

May 15th is indeed right after fighting Priestess on the train. Don't worry too much about screwing up, as others have said. Just enjoy yourself. If you need help with any specific bosses we can give you some advice.

In general, you should be trying to hit the blockade goalposts in Tartarus that Mitsuru mentions earlier. Once you've hit those, you know you're done for the time being. Each blockade has an item that is associated with a quest from Elizabeth, and offers a reward accordingly.

you should probably grind more, but with a smile.

There is almost no need to actively grind in Persona 3/4. As long as one is not running from every encounter, one will be fine fighting off most of the game's boss battles.

What about fusing? Should I go for highest lvl personas all the time? Ofc except for bosses having weaknesses and such. Or should I try and have as many as possible?

Sophia

What about fusing? Should I go for highest lvl personas all the time? Ofc except for bosses having weaknesses and such. Or should I try and have as many as possible?

The highest level doesn't matter too much. Remember we're talking about a game where the level cap is 99 and you get one to two stats points on average per level up. Obviously you don't want to be hanging onto stuff massively low level, but in general as long as the stats and abilities are good a Persona can last you awhile. Therefore, making sure you have Personas to best fit your situation is a better idea. Also make sure you're not passing on junk skills (I.E. physical skills to a Persona with low strength/agility) to Personas won't best make use of them.

To give you an idea of how unimportant leveling is: A level 8 Persona, Lilim, will last you until level 25 if fused with all four elements. Her magic stat is great, Agi and Zio innate out of the gate, she can inherit all four elements, and she has a great set of resistances.

Happy 9th Anniversary Persona 3!

Awesome work, Arue!

In general, you should be trying to hit the blockade goalposts in Tartarus that Mitsuru mentions earlier. Once you've hit those, you know you're done for the time being. Each blockade has an item that is associated with a quest from Elizabeth, and offers a reward accordingly.

Or be me and spend more time with S. Links, skip days wjere i could have gone to Tartarus to get to the story sooner, and be extremely behind and reach each blockade AFTER the next blockade up has already been unlocked too

secretly the best way to experience Persona 1 and also the best Persona manga

it's missing a few ultra good scenes from P1, tho

It's a rare case where the adaptation is a better way to experience the story than the original material.

The lead of P1 goes from a total blank slate to a fairly complex and realized character in his own right.

Here's my review on it

Suffice it to say, I enjoyed it a lot

Thanks. I'll check it out soon. What are those good scenes from the game?

So how popular is the Persona Stalker Club in Japan?

I don't think a lot of people in the west care about it (besides the new info that they have) but what about the Japanese? Is it something every Japanese Persona fan watches? I guess they're a big deal since they get invited to all those events but I'm not really sure.

Skii

I just bought Persona 4 Arena Ultimax and was wondering whether I need to play Persona 4 Arena to understand the story?

I just bought Persona 4 Arena Ultimax and was wondering whether I need to play Persona 4 Arena to understand the story?

Isn't there DLC which gives the P4A content?

I don't know a lot about the story though, it's probably important I guess, you could also look it up somewhere.

Sophia

Isn't there DLC which gives the P4A content?

I don't know a lot about the story though, it's probably important I guess, you could also look it up somewhere.

Yes, you need to play Arena to really understand Ultimax's story (it's a literal direct continuation), and yes there Arena story mode is a $10 DLC download for Ultimax, so there's no need to go out and buy a separate game unless you intend to give it to someone else later.

I'm actually planning to draw Aigis with my usual style, but I haven't got the time yet :x

More arue drawn Aigis is always good! \o/

Dang I just got to a boss on 25th floor and I couldn't even dent it. So what is the proper way of proceeding? Trial and error until I find bosses weakness or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom