• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
absolutely gigantic

5ppLKsB.jpg

Been looking towards getting this one too!

PK Gaming

I wonder how you'd classify Tatsuya, Maya, and Naoya.

Naoya - The blankest of slates. Though he's a legitimately compelling character in the manga.

Tatsuya - The coolest, smoothest, toughest, badass...est highschool kid with 'tude, that manages attracts all of the ladies (and boys) and is a baller in general... except not really. He's actually an emotionally distant, lonely person with a traumatic backstory that practically defines him as a person. Also the unluckiest Persona protagonist.

Maya - A fun and entertaining character with supernatural positivity. Basically the best girl that ever was the best at being the best of the best. The most unusual Persona protagonist.

Oh hey, look what finally arrived...

f75410a52e61aa4d712e53d05d8f1a47_zpsowf5whh1.jpg

I'm kinda depressed that this is one of the few items to feature Dojima... and ironically, I have the other item (a keychain charm).

Dude seriously needs to be DLC for P4DAN in some way imo.

arue

since everyone else seems to be getting Aigis, I also just got an Aigis
Splatoon Amiibo for scale

absolutely gigantic

I dont have a proper display area yet, but here is where she sits for now with the rest of my persona figures. I only have on Aeon card, so once my Marie prize figure comes in Ill probably have to move Aigis behind her. Shes so gigantic anyway she makes the half circle difficult
I really want that Aigis and the Soejima Artworks Aigis. But they both cost my arms and legs.

Xenoflare

Oh hey, look what finally arrived...

f75410a52e61aa4d712e53d05d8f1a47_zpsowf5whh1.jpg

I'm kinda depressed that this is one of the few items to feature Dojima... and ironically, I have the other item (a keychain charm).

Dude seriously needs to be DLC for P4DAN in some way imo.

That Dojima almost looked like Akihiko.

Someone get me the hi res scans of those keychains those are great profile pic materials

hughesta

Banned
So I just finished P4 and oh my god it is the best thing that's ever happened to me. Gonna watch P4A and then move on (back?) To P3FES. Hopefully by the time that's all done with P5 will be right around the corner.

So I just finished P4 and oh my god it is the best thing that's ever happened to me. Gonna watch P4A and then move on (back?) To P3FES. Hopefully by the time that's all done with P5 will be right around the corner.

It would be better to finish P3FES before P4A becuase it has P3 spoilers

I'm probably late to the dicussion but

yes I'm aware only one of these is Persona

also I could have sworn the Iphone 5's camera was supposed to be better than this but maybe it just hates my room's lighting

It would be better to finish P3FES before P4A becuase it has P3 spoilers

...They might mean Persona 4's Anime. Since Arena is P4 Ultimate in Japan, a lot of Japanese promotional stuff for the anime is marked P4A...which is used over here to mean Arena. This is kinda why I usually go for P4Arena and P4Anime as my abbreviations.

FluxWaveZ

I don't own any figures, but I own some of the books:
It's great that we're going to be getting the PQ art book.

I re-read a part of the interview in the Soejima art book after a long while, and I remembered that, in June 2010, he talked about how a game he'd really want to work on is one with a military and sci-fi aesthetic. Wonder if he'll ever be able to.

cj_iwakura

I re-read a part of the interview in the Soejima art book after a long while, and I remembered that, in June 2010, he talked about how a game he'd really want to work on is one with a military and sci-fi aesthetic. Wonder if he'll ever be able to.

SMTIV would've been perfect.

Rainy

Banned
Just beat the first labyrinth in PQ. Once you get going, this game is really fun. Started with the P3 party myself.

Hmm I'm wondering what party to roll with though, so many choices..which party did you guys like the most?

danthefan

P4G - why is Marie never around to spend time with? I think I'm just into July, I'm at level 2 or 3 with her, she's never there after school. When I go into the room there's occasionally scenes about her poetry, is it to do with that?

Just beat the first labyrinth in PQ. Once you get going, this game is really fun. Started with the P3 party myself.

Hmm I'm wondering what party to roll with though, so many choices..which party did you guys like the most?

It's a good idea to use both P3MC and P4MC. (quest related)
When they both get to level 55 you get a quest to acquire everyone's Ultimate Personas.

Other than that, you can roll with pretty much anyone. Personally, I went with Aigis, P4MC, Akihiko, Naoto and P3MC for most of the game. Sometimes subbing in Junpei and Yukiko.

It's a good idea to use both P3MC and P4MC. (quest related)
When they both get to level 55 you get a quest to acquire everyone's Ultimate Personas.

I just gave the other guy one of those "Exp even out of combat" items. Didn't want to have two boring MC's in my team when there are so many better choices.

I even disliked that I was forced to have one with me.

Rainy

Banned
Thanks for the tips, yeah I heard of that quest, so I might just find a growth item (not sure where to get one though) to the P4MC. (I just beat P4G recently and I am admittedly a bit tired of him.) Think I might go with Aigis, Akihiko in the front, and P3MC, Naoto, and Yukari in the back.

P4G - why is Marie never around to spend time with? I think I'm just into July, I'm at level 2 or 3 with her, she's never there after school. When I go into the room there's occasionally scenes about her poetry, is it to do with that?
Marie's social link is very staggered since her events are tied to other party members being present. If you're knocking out her rank ups ASAP, you'll end up having to wait for certain story events or new party members before being able to proceed further.

Theodoricos

I'm probably late to the dicussion but

yes I'm aware only one of these is Persona

also I could have sworn the Iphone 5's camera was supposed to be better than this but maybe it just hates my room's lighting

Oh my god, your Nanako figure is adorable! I want it!

You're also not the only one to have figures from both Persona and PMMM. :D

I really wish I had a better Yukiko figure, but I'm pretty satisfied with the rest so far. I do want to have all the P4 party members down the line, though.

Dantis

Valkyria Chronicles 4.

P-Studio developed.

Best game.

SMTIV would've been perfect.

It would have been significantly different if Soejima had been the art director on it.

cj_iwakura

It would have been significantly different if Soejima had been the art director on it.

I'm not sure Soejima would be into doing a core game. He seems more character driven, and SMT is usually more about the world, the characters being just small cogs in the machine.

I'd love to see it happen, though. Even the non-Persona games he did(Soul Hackers) were still pretty character driven.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I went Aigis/Chie/Mitsuru in the front and P3MC/Yukari in back.

The game really becomes a slog after the third dungeon. 4th was just the pits.

DNAbro

It's been awhile since the P5 trailer dropped and I'm starting to want new info again. When do you guys think we will see something for P5 again?

FluxWaveZ

It's been awhile since the P5 trailer dropped and I'm starting to want new info again. When do you guys think we will see something for P5 again?

We got a list of some of the inspirations behind the game from the Persona Magazine after P4D's release, at least.

cj_iwakura

Near the end of Episode P4 in Ultimax... yeesh, it drags a lot more than Arena 1, the good parts are way too few and far between.

But WTF,
Kagutsuchi? What's next, YHWH? Lucy? Oh, if only. Let's see bonds stand up against HIGH KING.

Didn't expect a CP style final boss, heh. Still should've gone with Nyarlathotep, though.

squadr0n

Speaking of character design, the artist that did Devil Survivor 2 did some art for Yatagarasu. Anyone know what he worked on exactly? A character or backgrounds maybe?

The designs Soejima did for Zone of the Enders 2 were amazing. I would love to see a militaristic scifi game with his art design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom