• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

P4D trailers for the DLC characters have been uploaded:

Adachi
and Marie:
Code:
https://youtu.be/ZAm1yuVOXEI
https://youtu.be/0Hw_p8Hrq-U

As for the topic titles referencing the dunce caps... I think those titles will lose their charm when everyone switches their avatars back in ~20 days.
You can see the thumbnail for the top video on mobile. I don't think you can fix it, but it sucks.
Thanks, fixed.

I wouldn't ditch Mitsuru, she can heal and her bufudyne attack is one of the strongest in the game. She does a lot of damage. I normally use Akihiko and Mitsuru both in my party, but if you really want to use Koro, I'd swap with Akihiko if Aigis isn't an option (somehow I never use her lol).

I ended up switching Koro with Yukari. Only problem is that I haven't used her since Aigis joined so she's around 8 or so levels under the MC. Anyway to help her level faster? Kept Akihiko and Aigis since she does quite a bit of physical damage and there are a few enemies that have Zio weakness.

Does Aigis ever use magic? It seems like later on in the game I might need all magic users. Then again, Chie was part of my final team and I only used her strong as fuck physical attack (after boosting attack up with Yu) Also, is there a way to stop Mitsuru from using Marin Karin all the time?

I always went with Yukari, Akihiko and Mitsuru in the main game. Seemed like a pretty balanced party and didn't have much trouble.

For FES though, my party changed quite a bit since there's a setup that covers everything:

Metis - Strike, Garu, Bufu
Koromaru - Slash, Agi, Mudo
Ken - Pierce, Zio, Hama, Media

That party worked really well.

What's the difference between P3 and FES?

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Now's Your Chance to Play The First Two

It's funny because that's my plan. :)

artsi

The Soejima video again made me hope more footage of him working. It's always a pleasure to see good artists draw / paint.

I haven't seen even video interviews / making of footage of the guy around.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
IIRC you can level up faster by just taking the one companion into Tartarus with you. I think the exp gets split 50/50 rather than four ways as usual, although I might be wrong.

Setsu00

The Soejima video again made me hope more footage of him working. It's always a pleasure to see good artists draw / paint.

I haven't seen even video interviews / making of footage of the guy around.

Famitsu uploaded an interview with him when he was at E3 last year, but I suck at understanding normal spoken Japanese so I can't help you with a translation. The guy from Famitsu basically talks about Soejima's signing session and how there seemed to be an equal amount of men and women interested in P4U2. Soejima also seems quite flattered when the interviewer mentions that the picture with his autograph will be "super rare".

Lunar15

I don't own much gaming memorabilia, but a piece of art signed by Soejima is definitely high on the list of things I'd spring for.

Setsu00

I don't own much gaming memorabilia, but a piece of art signed by Soejima is definitely high on the list of things I'd spring for.

At this point I should probably thank Atlus USA again for sending me one of Soejima's autographs. That contest was really god sent.

I was listening to the Otaku/waifu episode of S-Link FM. Really enlightening episode about how manufactured a lot of characters are. Like I always thought Marie felt kind of forced but I still liked her or was tolerant of her, but just laying it all out like that made me question a lot of other characters that I liked.

Sophia

Does Aigis ever use magic? It seems like later on in the game I might need all magic users. Then again, Chie was part of my final team and I only used her strong as fuck physical attack (after boosting attack up with Yu) Also, is there a way to stop Mitsuru from using Marin Karin all the time?

What's the difference between P3 and FES?

Aigis eventually gets hit healing magic after a certain point in the game, but her primary abilities are physical skills and buffing skills. Later on her buffing skills become much more useful as she can hit the entire party. The only real wait to prevent Mitsuru from using Marin Karin is to set her to Full Assault and wait until she gets Mind Charge later on at level 50.

And if you're wondering what the differences between vanilla P3 and FES are, they have a ton of little differences. New cutscenes, new events, weapon fusion, new requests, being able to select music from Fuuka, The Answer, etc. There's no reason to play the vanilla version of Persona 3 really.

IIRC you can level up faster by just taking the one companion into Tartarus with you. I think the exp gets split 50/50 rather than four ways as usual, although I might be wrong.

You are correct. EXP is split across all party members. Also note that anyone lower level than the protagonist/enemies earns bonus XP as well.

I was listening to the Otaku/waifu episode of S-Link FM. Really enlightening episode about how manufactured a lot of characters are. Like I always thought Marie felt kind of forced but I still liked her or was tolerant of her, but just laying it all out like that made me question a lot of other characters that I liked.

Been a while since I heard that episode. What characters do you mean? Cause you could theoretically chalk any character up as being manufactured.

You are correct. EXP is split across all party members. Also note that anyone lower level than the protagonist/enemies earns bonus XP as well.

It does make sense that they'll learn more from an encounter the less experienced they are. Also nice way to help characters catch up.

Zolo

I still don't get why they gave Mitsuru and Metis Marin Karin. Maybe if they upgraded to Sexy Dance at some point....maybe since I think that has higher odds of working?

Sophia

I still don't get why they gave Mitsuru and Metis Marin Karin. Maybe if they upgraded to Sexy Dance at some point....maybe since I think that has higher odds of working?

There are a few bosses in Tartarus that can actually be impacted by Marin Karin, so it's marginally useful for those bosses. And in P3P more useful thanks to direct party control.

Says the person who just got called out on being biased. :p

As I picked up P4G again (I'm just a few books away from that trophy and then the platinum) I realized I forgot how crisp the character portraits are in that game. Really goes a long way.

They needed to dump status effects onto someone.

Mitsuru is great if you keep her on Full Assault. She's not an amazing healer anyway.

Been a while since I heard that episode. What characters do you mean? Cause you could theoretically chalk any character up as being manufactured.
Just characters in other Japanese games in general who are just basically their trope and a nice design.

You could do that, but some characters do have more depth to them than just being fanboy bait.

Makio

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Now's Your Chance to Play The First Two

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Dancing the Delay Away

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Hardin Lied, Fans Cried

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Persona 5 Duncing All Night!

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Happy 20th Anniversary Persona 3!!!

The best hands down , but the Hardin one or Duncing All Night are my favorites.

Sophia

Public Service Announcement: Are you bored waiting for Persona 5? Do you enjoy old-school RPGs that don't hold your hand every step of the way? Ones that let you explore and customize your party right off the get go? Regular battles where you can actually lose if you're playing poorly? An actual adventure where you're told "Fuck you, go save the world" and nothing beyond that? If you said "Yes!" to any of these questions, then you need to grab your lovely 3DS and head straight for the eShop for The Legend of Legacy demo. This is one of the best oldschool RPGs I've played in awhile and the demo is hitting all the right notes with me. More people need to know about this utterly awesome game. It deserves all the love you can give it.

This message brought to you by the "Actually Pretty Good RPG Committee" and contains the Sophia Seal of Approval for Most Excellence.

FluxWaveZ

I RT'd this and it exploded, probably despite that RT because it sure deserves it.
CPjUZUmU8AAkn0s.jpg:orig
CPjUZTzUkAAaADA.jpg:orig

Top Bottom