• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

I kind of want to switch to an Anne avatar, if I could find one that looks good, actually avatar-fied, and not just cut out.

But on the flipside, people would despair because I switched away from Aigis.... so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Never ditch Aigis. Ever.
But seriously, a good Anne avatar would look great!

On the topic of those scans, game looks phenomenal, as expected. One thing that really stood out to me is how busy the street sections looked. I really like that, it adds to that big city feel.

Sophia

But seriously, a good Anne avatar would look great!

On the topic of those scans, game looks phenomenal, as expected. One thing that really stood out to me is how busy the street sections looked. I really like that, it adds to that big city feel.

Crimson tried to make me one, but it didn't turn out too well due the way the art is. Maybe some other time. But thanks to Crimon and TWILT, I switched back to a classic. :p

So if the 6th member is, in-fact, a girl, will she have a headband? Soejima loves dem headbands.

No, she'll have a scrunchie

and a couple of avatars I made for various reasons, they're nothing special, but might as well post them here if anyone wants them:

9YP3ls2.png
dFHlNUX.png

Aww yiss, negotiation back in the house. Hope it's more like Raidou 2's.

Not confirmed yet, people misinterpreted the All Out Attack prompt

Joqu

It could be that enemies beg for mercy when you get to initiate an all-out attack or something like that.

It's too early to say but that'd be pretty nice! And demon negotation. Or at least part of it.

Joqu

Personally, I'm rooting for it not being demon negotiation. Never was a fan of that stuff.

Eh. It doesn't even have to particularly resemble previous systems to be demon negotiation. They could always overhaul things for P5.

Having different ways to tackle a fight is always a plus imo. Especially if they make it something that's mostly optional, it doesn't have to be your only way of getting a Persona.

That's assuming it's in of course. But I think it'd be nice if only for the added variety.

Makio

I see someone translate Ann profile (i suppose from famitsu) and got this phrase
She has one friend at the same school who she treasures above all else

Is this legit ??? .... because there great chances this is our
6 th party member

arue

I said this in the other thread already, but THIS is the kind of info I want to see for Persona 5. I don't need to see anything else besides the gameplay, but that would be hard, given we still have a year of waiting.

DNAbro

I said this in the other thread already, but THIS is the kind of info I want to see for Persona 5. I don't need to see anything else besides the gameplay, but that would be hard, given we still have a year of waiting.

Basically all I need is info of how the cooperation/social link system will work and I'm good. I'll still look at whatever Atlus puts out though.

Squire

Banned

Agreed. I think everything they say from this point onward will be more specific and really worth discussing.

P5 gameplay speculation, based in part on the scans:

Hashino stated that there would be both structured and randomly generated dungeons in the game, and I think a couple shots hint at how that will work. There's one of the crew leaning against a railing, with text asking them if they want to talk or go to the Palace. This is the entry screen to a randomized dungeon, an example of which is the desert town the crew is running through in the scans. Back in PV #1 there was a shot of the crew poring over a map, and that's the entry screen for the structured dungeons. An example of a structured dungeon is obviously the heists, and the heists are related to the randomized dungeons. So for the desert town randomized dungeon, there's the heist inside of the pyramid, which is shown in PV #3 when the protagonists are running from the boulder.

A lot of that isn't particularly new thinking, but I just thought it was worth pointing out the shots that showcased it.

I'm not sure how long I'll last as I've developed a violent aversion to random battles in my old age, but all this P5 stuff lately has gotten me to finally cave and fire up P2IS on my Vita.

Top Bottom