• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Question for you guys: Do you think I could still get away with preordering P4:DAN Disco Edition in-store at Gamestop or has that ship sailed?

Managed to get the funds for it at the last minute and wanted to ask before I waste my time walking down there.

Question for you guys: Do you think I could still get away with preordering P4:DAN Disco Edition in-store at Gamestop or has that ship sailed?

Managed to get the funds for it at the last minute and wanted to ask before I waste my time walking down there.
Have you tried calling the store? They'd be the ones in the best position to answer your question.

They're not open at the moment (PST here) and I'd only really have time to just go right when they open and preorder and head off to take care of things.

I was just asking in case it was one of those Limited Edition deals that only have a certain amount of copies or if there'd be a supply issue.
Though I guess calling makes more sense. Thanks either way.

Edit: you know what I meant 😔

I was just asking in case it was one of those Limited Edition deals that only have a certain amount of copies

That would be what makes it a "limited" edition.

tumblr_ngnysiCzZd1qjv6clo1_400.gif

Meia

You can still pre-order it at Best Buy, and you have a GCU membership it's by far the cheapest option(becomes $63.99 instead of the $79.99 it is everywhere else).

Seriously, at this day and age, if you buy physical(especially LEs), go the BB route. :p

You can still pre-order it at Best Buy, and you have a GCU membership it's by far the cheapest option(becomes $63.99 instead of the $79.99 it is everywhere else).

Seriously, at this day and age, if you buy physical(especially LEs), go the BB route. :p

No GCU unfortunately :( Would be nice to save ~$20 or so but them's the breaks.

They're not open at the moment (PST here) and I'd only really have time to just go right when they open and preorder and head off to take care of things.

I was just asking in case it was one of those Limited Edition deals that only have a certain amount of copies or if there'd be a supply issue.
Though I guess calling makes more sense. Thanks either way.

Edit: you know what I meant 😔

My gamestop only gets like two or three copies of games like this and in the case of LE's it's really hit or miss if they'll get any at all unless someone preorders. If it were me I'd have to preorder which might be possible this late but I have my doubts.

That's why I don't shop there any more.

PK Gaming

I love that the P5 protags summon their Personas by ripping their masks off. They look so much better without them.

EDIT: I mean look at this s***

EDIT 2: Err don't, hahaha... hah

Setsu00

p5 has one serious JP voicecast lineup.

hopefully english has a good one too

idk why but black ps2 gamecase works better then the blue ps4 one.

Black is already part of the image's colour scheme while blue isn't. It should work well with a PS3 case too.

MSMrRound

p5 has one serious JP voicecast lineup.

Definitely. What's interesting to note was that I know there some PGaf members who don't usually talk about dual audio and stuff, but after PV03, I'm starting to see some of them expressing their wish for it as well.

Hopefully John and the rest of the AtlusUSA crew might decide to do another poll or something down the line, perhaps just for Persona 5 in general? Heck, like I said earlier, I don't mind it being paid DLC as well.

No GCU unfortunately :( Would be nice to save ~$20 or so but them's the breaks.

Hey, if you haven't preordered it yet and wanna use my gcu discount, let me know. Being this close to release it probably won't get there on release though.

Is Fuuka's S.Link basically
Yukiko's, where she keeps trying to get the MC to try some horrible home cooking because reasons?

Is Fuuka's S.Link basically
Yukiko's, where she keeps trying to get the MC to try some horrible home cooking because reasons?

Ignoring the fact that there's more to
Yukiko's
S-link than that, I remember next to nothing about Fuuka's. I only remember the flimsy reasoning behind
Lucia's transformation into Juno
, which isn't even part of that.

FluxWaveZ

So the Atlus USA upload of PV03 at PlayStation Experience 2015 in December, yeah? Will anyone be disappointed if it only has English subs?

Lunar15

So the Atlus USA upload of PV03 at PlayStation Experience 2015 in December, yeah? Will anyone be disappointed if it only has English subs?

No, it'd be irrational to expect dubs by then. If for whatever reason it did, that'd be a huge treat, but I certainty wouldn't expect it.

I'd be a bit dissapointed, I'm pretty interested to see how the localization of P5 is going to be as that's the version that I'm actually going to play, I don't really care about the Japanese P5 cast.

I wonder how far the localization of this game actually is (or if it even has started lol).

No, it'd be irrational to expect dubs by then. If for whatever reason it did, that'd be a huge treat, but I certainty wouldn't expect it.

Would it be irrational to expect though? I mean, Atlus USA was originally planning to have this game fully localized in 2015. I guess it depends on when Atlus USA actually knew about the delay but isn't there a chance that they already have made some plans at this point? Just throwing it out there lol, I don't know how this stuff actually works.

Makio

All I'm saying is, I wouldn't bet on it.

Oh no the magical phrase....

But still since we dont know how far they got the localization for the 2015 release ... i dont take bets , but i hope we can hear and see the pv03 in December (in full english)

DNAbro

The sooner we hear the english dub the better. I would hope we also get P5 in the summer so E3 might feel a bit too late to start hearing the dub.

Anybody else hoping for a cast of complete unknowns/newcomers?

I really dont think they'd be able to use many actors that have roles in 3/4/Arena/Ultimax/Q/DAN without people instantly linking them to their previous roles, and that would, sadly, take away from their performance.

FluxWaveZ

We should also consider the possibility that Persona 5 will not actually release in the summer in North America, and that it would actually be a Fall 2016 release in NA. Considering that, E3 2016 for an actual English reveal of the game would not be late, taking into account how Atlus USA's previous games have been marketed and when the first English trailers for the games were released.

We will surely get PV03 at least uploaded on the YouTube channel for PSX 2015, and I am actually pretty certain that it will not feature a build of the game with English UI or voice acting.

Lunar15

Anybody else hoping for a cast of complete unknowns/newcomers?

I really dont think they'd be able to use many actors that have roles in 3/4/Arena/Ultimax/Q/DAN without people instantly linking them to their previous roles, and that would, sadly, take away from their performance.

It's ok, this is a big game so I'm sure they'll allow for a good VA budget on the western side. Which, of course, means that everyone will be played by Troy Baker and Laura Bailey.

and Kiefer Sutherland

DNAbro

We should also consider the possibility that Persona 5 will not actually release in the summer in North America, and that it would actually be a Fall 2016 release in NA. Considering that, E3 2016 for an actual English reveal of the game would not be late, taking into account how Atlus USA's previous games have been marketed and when the first English trailers for the games were released.

We will surely get PV03 at least uploaded on the YouTube channel for PSX 2015, and I am actually pretty certain that it will not feature a build of the game with English UI or voice acting.

English UI not being in would seem kind of obvious cause they would have to recut the trailer with the English build but I can still see voice acting happening.

Also imo Fall 2016 is worst case scenario. I would hate to have to basically wait a full year from now to play the game. I want at the most a month between Japan and U.S.

Also imo Fall 2016 is worse case scenario. I would hate to have to basically wait a full year from now to play the game. I want at the most a month between Japan and U.S.

Agreed, I'm hoping that the delay will work in Atlus USA's favour and help narrow down the time between the Japan an US release.

English UI not being in would seem kind of obvious cause they would have to recut the trailer with the English build but I can still see voice acting happening.

Also imo Fall 2016 is worse case scenario. I would hate to have to basically wait a full year from now to play the game. I want at the most a month between Japan and U.S.

My opinions exactly.

Nachos

I'd much rather see no returning actors, unless it's to reprise a role. The industry's big enough to allow as much without forcing Atlus to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

Erin Fit....... no Cyndy Robinson
I honestly don't see her voice fitting, even though she'd nail the acting. I'd much sooner give it to Cassandra Morris, but now that I think about it, I wonder if Kimberly Brooks would be a good choice if she leaned into her native Baltimore accent. She's worked with Atlus in the past.

The record voices waaaaaaaaaaaaay in advance.
Yeah, at the very least, they'll sometimes record ten months in advance, as was the case with Record Breaker.

In the same way that people were disappointed with the E3 trailer – because the trailer wouldn't show anything other that what the fans already gleaned months prior. It would still serve a purpose for people who don't follow the game already, but it'd be pointless for the fans, especially if the interfaces are still in Japanese. I think they'll need to get the phone interface in place, bare minimum.

Makio

Anybody else hoping for a cast of complete unknowns/newcomers?.

I like and hope for that but im expecting the opposite , actors they work with Atlus in the past but dont have a main role in a Persona game yet : Kate Higgins , Cristina Vee , Benjamin Diskin , Kira Buckland , Kyle Hebert , Bryce Papenbrook etc ,etc.

Plus the voice actors of spinoffs coming back : Todd Haberkorn , Cindy Robinson , Ashly Burch, Rena Strober ....

And of course the "we cant get enough roles" ones : Erin Fitzgerald , Yuri Lowenthal , Karen Strassman , Troy Baker , Laura Bailey ...

Top Bottom