• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Lunar15

So, we have Arsene Lupin and we have Goemon, when's Jigen?

Next persona we see should be a cowboy or something. Nothing more picaresque than a bandit with a heart of gold, eh? Plus, like I said, we need a sniper to complete the Lupin III gang.

Nick_C

While the other Personas that the characters possess are clearly based on specific people from either folklore or fiction, has it ever been revealed who
Carmen
is based off of? While it may seem obvious, she looks like she has some kind of classical European influence in her design.

Not 100% sure either, but I think it's Ganesha who's talking. He's identified as "The Unlucky Elephant Prince" both in the upper left corner (不運のゾウ王子LV 58) and in the text box.

That's extremely weird. Why wouldn't they use his actual name?

cj_iwakura

So real talk: why do you all think it was delayed? Bugs, simple polish, adding more things, Sega DLC? (Let's pray it's not the latter)

What we've seen looks REALLY sharp, and it seems they have everything in place... a half a year is a long time for that.

While the other Personas that the characters possess are clearly based on specific people from either folklore or fiction, has it ever been revealed who
Carmen
is based off of? While it may seem obvious, she looks like she has some kind of classical European influence in her design.

Carmen
is based off of
Carmen
, from
Carmen
, the opera.

Makio

Carmen
is based off of
Carmen
, from
Carmen
, the opera.

lol

Maybe i only one doesnt like Captain Kidd design... is the boat i think... i dont know.

In other hand i love Carmen design so much.

Not sure about Zorro ... the idea is great and design but looks too bulky and "masculine" for some "female" little cat.

Lunar15

So real talk: why do you all think it was delayed? Bugs, simple polish, adding more things, Sega DLC? (Let's pray it's not the latter)

What we've seen looks REALLY sharp, and it seems they have everything in place... a half a year is a long time for that.

Who knows man, it's code. Weird shit happens.

I remember reading an interview with Retro Studios and they thought they were going to have to delay DKCR for a year because they couldn't figure out how to get the game to let the screen pan backwards.

Makio

I wonder when they are going to silent again...

I mean we got so much these days , i kinda hurt when they going silent again.

Probably sooner rather than later. I don't really see them doing any more heavy promo at the moment now that it's post-TGS and the game is almost a year away.

jzbluz

lol

Maybe i only one doesnt like Captain Kidd design... is the boat i think... i dont know.

In other hand i love Carmen design so much.

Not sure about Zorro ... the idea is great and design but looks too bulky and "masculine" for some "female" little cat.

It would be pretty neat if Morganna turns out to be genderless or at least gender fluid. Although, I guess Teddy was like that.

Nick_C

Carmen
is based off of
Carmen
, from
Carmen
, the opera.

That sort of explains the design, but from my understanding of the source material of the rest of the Personas, they all seem to be
gentleman thieves
. Or at least doing what they do in the belief that it's for the greater good.

The obvious exception being Captain Kidd, but even then there's speculation that he may have been a privateer, and not a pirate.

Do I need to spoiler tag this kind of stuff anymore?

Squire

Banned

Six months is really not that long and why do you keep bringing up "Sega DLC"? Becsuse of P4D?

How much did SMTIV have? Because if we absolutely need to have that discussion, i think they're last JRPG is a better comparison than the dancing spin-off that's honestly just doing what rhythm games (as in, not just Sega's) do in 2015.

That sort of explains the design, but from my understanding of the source material of the rest of the Personas, they all seem to be
gentleman thieves
. Or at least doing what they do in the belief that it's for the greater good.

The obvious exception being Captain Kidd, but even then there's speculation that he may have been a privateer, and not a pirate.

Do I need to spoiler tag this kind of stuff anymore?

Carmen does fit the other
met a tragic end
theme they got going on, though.

DNAbro

Atlus has #FE and Odin Sphere to promote so they will probably be focusing on those two until they release. I don't expect anything until early next year.

Also I think the Personas shown are easily my favorite personas out of any of the groups. Most Persona designs I'm apathetic to with very few winners. I love them all so far.

QuadOpto

It should be noted that Zorro isn't really a "gentleman thief" either, just a general protector of the weak.

Really, people seem to ignore that at the foremost, a picaresque novel isn't solely about thieves, just roguish low class heroes fighting against society. One fits into the other, but that doesn't mean they have to go hand-in-hand.

So far, only the protagonist is a real, "Gentleman Thief" with a Gentleman Thief Persona from the outset. That doesn't mean everyone and all their Personas have to be thieves in the straightest way.

For instance,
Carmen of the Opera "stole" the heart of a man in the play
; she didn't literally steal stuff but the message obviously rings true with P5's.

Makio

It would be pretty neat if Morganna turns out to be genderless or at least gender fluid. Although, I guess Teddy was like that.

Im pretty sure "she" is going to be the case plus they give much emphasis to her
true identity
in her profile , so we can expect something in Teddy kind of situation
a spirit , a entity or simply someone from the other world

PD: But she is going to have a sexy or cute human form at some point because ... we cant get enough waifus in a persona game.

Atlus has #FE and Odin Sphere to promote so they will probably be focusing on those two until they release. I don't expect anything until early next year.

Yeah that is was kinda expecting ... i see them going back in February or March in a earlier release scenario (June - July).

cj_iwakura

Six months is really not that long and why do you keep bringing up "Sega DLC"? Becsuse of P4D?

How much did SMTIV have? Because if we absolutely need to have that discussion, i think they're last JRPG is a better comparison than the dancing spin-off that's honestly just doing what rhythm games (as in, not just Sega's) do in 2015.

SMTIV had too much. Grinding DLC, gold farming, extra bosses, the works. It bodes ill for P5.

wk4GFhg.png
i6IBfSG.png
HPKULIS.png
UBZxju5.png
upQu1RM.png
kGl7fsa.png
PaDNYyk.png
8FkqmfO.png
c32QYQq.png
jiHMONA.png
iS9FRIJ.png
Thanks! Might switch to Cap K.

Makio

So the shit of Ann having a friend she treasures in school is legit or not.... i mean we can have a 6th party member there

Edit : NVM Mystic answer my question in twitter lol ... confirmed then

daevious

wk4GFhg.png
i6IBfSG.png
HPKULIS.png
UBZxju5.png
upQu1RM.png
kGl7fsa.png
PaDNYyk.png
8FkqmfO.png
c32QYQq.png
jiHMONA.png
iS9FRIJ.png

That Carmen is mine.

So, we have Arsene Lupin and we have Goemon, when's Jigen?

Next persona we see should be a cowboy or something. Nothing more picaresque than a bandit with a heart of gold, eh? Plus, like I said, we need a sniper to complete the Lupin III gang.

A cowboy would be a natural fit for this group, but I'd love it if Atlus took a left turn with the concept and went with Ned Kelly instead. While he's not picaresque he does fit into the common motif of "dying for what you believe in" that the other Personas fall into, so he could potentially fit in.

That famitsu cover works so well as artbox.

12034208_939715486070959_6881345029903109745_o.jpg

But i suppose the final artbox is going to include all the characters.

I love it.

I dont see why they have to change this name , since they keep "the japanese" names in two previous games , plus Ann is an "american" name already

Ah I see - I've personally never seen 'An' or 'Ann' used as names - only 'Anne.' (Like Anne Hathaway)

If it works, it works. I don't mind either way, she's still great.

daevious

Ah I see - I've personally never seen 'An' or 'Ann' used as names - only 'Anne.' (Like Anne Hathaway)

If it works, it works. I don't mind either way, she's still great.

Odds are that Atlus USA are going to translate her name as Anne anyway, so I wouldn't get too caught up about it.

Going through NG+ in P4G right now aiming to get the all social links trophy. Just thought I'd post my progress so far to make sure I'm on the right track, not using a guide for anything other than to make sure I pick the right options during the social links.

7/29 and up to the game dungeon.

Yosuke - 7
Yukiko - 6
Kanji - 1
Dojima - 10
Rise - 1
Chie - 6
Nanako - 10
Fox - 6
Athletes - 5
Saki's brother - 1
Old lady - 6
Young Mother - 10
Nurse - 6
Tutored student - 3
Ai - 3
Yumi - 3
Adachi - 5
Marie - 3

And obviously haven't unlocked Naoto's link yet.

Top Bottom