• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Persona 3/FES Spoilers:
I really wish they had done something with the fate of the Main Character after the end of 3. If anything they could have had the cast of Persona 4 being summoned too help the remaining cast of Persona 3 try and help save the Main Character. We could have seen a whole new dungeon on the other side of the giant door where the MC is trapped and we have to break him out.

tumblr_n6kos3otp91r60zuio1_500.gif

God bless you

Too bad
humanity has to basically become enlightened for him to be free.

That or
we make someone else take his place.
If only
we had a disposable Wild Card lying arou-
Ultimax, you beautiful trash!

Ok, I'll actually get behind that idea just because of how great it is

arue

Too bad

That or
If only
Agree with Crimson here.
I wonder if they'll follow up on
what happened after Ultimax... The ending is basically a sequel/spinoff hook.

Too bad

That or
If only

I've played P3 FES and The Answer, but neither Arena nor Ultimax, and I don't really care about spoilers for them much.

Someone explain.

cj_iwakura

I've played P3 FES and The Answer, but neither Arena nor Ultimax, and I don't really care about spoilers for them much.

Someone explain.

P3MC is keeping the collective malice at bay, and Erebus will be constantly revived despite Elizabeth's constant efforts otherwise, and she's arguably the most powerful Persona user alive right now.

And if Elizabeth has the wild card now, that makes her just about unstoppable.

P3MC is keeping the collective malice at bay, and Erebus will be constantly revived despite Elizabeth's constant efforts otherwise, and she's arguably the most powerful Persona user alive right now.

And if
Elizabeth has the wild card now, that makes her just about unstoppable.

See, I knew all this, except
Elizabeth has the Wild Card?

Lol,
he's a Wild Card? Toss him in there.

daevious

Too bad

That or
If only

I'm still opposed to
saving Makoto in any way, shape or form; but this is the closest we'll ever get to an acceptable compromise without completely discarding P3's themes.

I didn't know this was a thing that could be gained.

Do we know where the Wild Card ability comes from, or what causes it?

Is it Philemon messing with stuff?

I haven't played P1 or P2 either, because I don't have the hardware to do so. :'(

It's basically having a giant anvil dropped on your head by the writers that says "This character is important".

cj_iwakura

I haven't played P1 or P2 either, because I don't have the hardware to do so. :'(

Well, him and Elizabeth did get down in FES...

There's crazier theories.

But seriously, yes, probably Philemon.

daevious

I've always thought that the Wild Card ability was just a natural development of having the Fool Arcana. PQ kinda implies this with all of the other party members drawing fool cards being one half of the justification for why everyone can now change personas.

Since it looks like P5 MC will most likely be a Wild Card, I wonder if anyone will bring it up. I always thought it was weird that Yu switches between like 80 Personas and nobody ever thinks to wonder about it. At least Mitsuru was like, "and now we have someone who can use multiple Personas, what's going on?" for like one line.

So much we still don't know about Persona 5's mechanics. All PV3 really told us on that front is that you can still acquire new personas.

Hopefully everyone will be customisable this time around, and I wouldn't mind if they just drop the wildcard stuff altogether and just have it so that anyone can switch personas, no story justification needed.

I've always thought that the Wild Card ability was just a natural development of having the Fool Arcana. PQ kinda implies this with all of the other party members drawing fool cards being one half of the justification for why everyone can now change personas.

This would seem to make sense, except that apparently
Sho is a Wild Card, but the Wiki says his Arcana is Sun/Moon?

So much we still don't know about Persona 5's mechanics. All PV3 really told us on that front is that you can still acquire new personas.

Hopefully everyone will be customisable this time around, and I wouldn't mind if they just drop the wildcard stuff altogether and just have it so that anyone can switch personas, no story justification needed.

I like the way PQ handled this. But I also like how Wild Cards affect party planning. I'm good with anything, I guess, lol.

Does Sho
actually acquire the wild card, or is it just suggested that he has the potential to?

I like the way PQ handled this. But I also like how Wild Cards affect party planning. I'm good with anything, I guess, lol.

A return of the sub persona system would be good, since it would keep people who like keeping the starter persona happy too.

Grisby

Quick Persona 4 Golden late game spoiler question for the persona community here:

Is there a way to skip
Maire's dungeon? I took a break from the game thinking I wanted to do it, but now that I am back playing I just want to see the ending. Seems like the game throws me into it automatically on the ski trip.

Jachaos

Quick Persona 4 Golden late game spoiler question for the persona community here:

Is there a way to skip
Maire's dungeon? I took a break from the game thinking I wanted to do it, but now that I am back playing I just want to see the ending. Seems like the game throws me into it automatically on the ski trip.

I don't think so but it's pretty short so just plow through it, the dungeon and boss music is good and you'll get to see the scenes afterwards.

Does Sho
actually acquire the wild card, or is it just suggested that he has the potential to?

"He'll surely have many more experiences and battles on his journey from here on... as a new guest of the room." -Margaret,
Persona Ultimax (True Ending)

Not a lot of room for interpretation there.

You missed your chance to skip it by finishing her social link

You don't really want to skip it anyway, because
beating it is required to unlock the epilogue

Grisby

I don't think so but it's pretty short so just plow through it, the dungeon and boss music is good and you'll get to see the scenes afterwards.

You missed your chance to skip it by finishing her social link

You don't really want to skip it anyway, because
beating it is required to unlock the epilogue
Welp, I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't take too long. I'm not exactly a high level, although I am playing on an easier difficulty.

Wanted to beat this before Dancing All Night.

Sophia

Remember to be mindful of spoilers.
Elizabeth having the wild card is a late game spoiler for Arena, for example.

Sho as a main character in Persona :Warriors!

The concept of a Persona/MegaTen action game just sounds like it could be so cool. I'm reminded of Capcom's Chaos Legion where you could summon monsters to fight alongside you.

I need to get around to playing the Raidou games. >_>;

daevious

The concept of a Persona/MegaTen action game just sounds like it could be so cool. I'm reminded of Capcom's Chaos Legion where you could summon monsters to fight alongside you.

I need to get around to playing the Raidou games. >_>;

I'd pay a disgusting amount of money for a warriors game based on the first SMT alone, anything else is a sweet bonus.

I've only played the first game, thanks to King Abaddon not releasing in Europe and Australia, but I do remember enjoying it's aesthetics enough to power through the gameplay being below par. The manual for Soulless Army is absolutely amazing as well.

PK Gaming

I don't feel like they ruined it. Both endings are pretty good.

The extra stuff added later doesn't really even ruin it.

My post was mainly directed towards to the
revive makoto via spinoff game
sentiment that's been going around. I can't even put into words how much that would suck.

.JayZii

Banned
My post was mainly directed towards to the
revive makoto via spinoff game
sentiment that's been going around. I can't even put into words how much that would suck.
It certainly is missing the point. To me it would undercut all of the impact that P3 earned by the end.

"Nevermind, we saved him. Humans are all better now." Yay?

Every time I get to November in P4,
I get annoyed that I have the option to tell Dojima everything, but I can't shove my hand in a TV to prove it. Like, I get they don't want the story to take that path, but having the option to confess everything paired with a TV right there in the interrogation room, and not to do the incredibly obvious proof is just so...dissonant. Just remove the television from the room or something.

Every time I get to November in P4,
I get annoyed that I have the option to tell Dojima everything, but I can't shove my hand in a TV to prove it. Like, I get they don't want the story to take that path, but having the option to confess everything paired with a TV right there in the interrogation room, and not to do the incredibly obvious proof is just so...dissonant. Just remove the television from the room or something.

Yeah, that was a little frustrating.
I believe that TV was necessary later, though.

It's really not.

Unless I've forgotten something that happens with it at a later date, all that happens is Yu sees that Nanako is the one on the Midnight Channel. That could be reworked, really.

Didn't
Adachi throw Saki in with that tv?

In P3, is there any penalty from not completing ALL of Elizabeth's requests? I didn't realize I needed to actually accept the particular request and now it's too late.

P3's ending is P3's ending. Only way they can "ruin" it is by making what's suggested an epilogue for P3 Definitive. :p

P3 ending was amazing. It's technically sad and tragic but I found it to be a happy ending of sorts (until FES at least).
The final few days were almost written as a funeral/eulogy, the whole sequence has a "life well lived" kind of feeling to it, which thematically fits with all the memento mori stuff they shove down your throat. It's sad that the MC died but it felt like the game was trying to emphasize all the good the MC did with his limited time.

If it's one thing I'm hoping P5 does well it's the commitment to theme that P3 did.
It's amazing that everyone and their dog (except Fukka) had some family or loved one die in story or be a major component of their backstory. P4 did it too with it's emphasis on like hiding the truth and whatnot, though the theme was less straightforward. P5's theme sounds to be in between, a little less specific than P3's theme but at least more focused than P4's.

Top Bottom