• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

All I'm saying is, we're not making it out of the next decade without a few crossovers and a couple of brand new "Marie Sues" to hate.

Atlus hasn't actually been all that bad with new characters. Marie and Sho get a lot of hate sure, but Labrys, Rei and Zen are decent, and I've heard good things about Kanami too, so it's not all bad.

It's just that Marie gets bought up more frequently.

Hi Persona-Gaf, long time lurker first time poster.

Thank god they didn't approve my neogaf account a week or so ago. That sure seems like a fast way to get banned on my first day.
RIP 2015 release

Oh also!
Marie is no worse a character than Ken, Fukka, Koromaru or Yukiko.
:p

Welcome to PersonaGAF. You've made a questionably articulate enemy. :p

Hi Persona-Gaf, long time lurker first time poster.

Oh also!
Marie is no worse a character than Ken, Fukka, Koromaru or Yukiko.
:p

Hey!

Fuuka get's way too much slack btw, I think her Navigating is pretty charming, and she really improves in Persona Q, although her story in Persona 3 isn't bad either.

Gecoma

Hey!

Fuuka get's way too much slack btw, I think her Navigating is pretty charming, and she really improves in Persona Q, although her story in Persona 3 isn't bad either.

I'm definitely liking her navigation in PQ so far. Probably due to the better VA.

She was fine main story wise in P3 but much like Yukiko's I found her SL unbearable.
What is it with the Priestess arcana & cooking?

Welcome to the ride.

While this is true I'm having a hard time trying to figure out why Koromaru is in that lineup. What are you implying, friend?

He fits in my mind because much like the rest of that list he's very boring. At least the other 'mascot characters' (Teddie
& presumably Morganna
) have a legitimate story reason for being part of the team.

Welcome to PersonaGAF. You've made a questionably articulate enemy. :p

I knew I would :p

He's making fun of the dog! Get him, PGAF!

Robots > Cat > Bear > Dog

Man now that I'm wrapping up my Golden platinum I'm itching to replay P3, but I can't bring myself to play the stripped down Portable, or the outdated (lack of party control etc) FES.

I need a definitive edition on Vita or PS4 Atlus! ;_;

I was thinking about that for a while too, since I haven't played P3 yet either. I'll probably start with FES, since it has anime cutscenes and 3D environments (should be more immersive for a first time play). If I go for a second playthrough, I'll probably pick the female protagonist route in P3P.

daevious

He fits in my mind because much like the rest of that list he's very boring. At least the other 'mascot characters' (Teddie
& presumably Morganna
) have a legitimate story reason for being part of the team.

Koromaru may have shaky story reasons for being in the team, I'll give you that much. But if you're going to call a dog that wants to see the manliest samurai films boring, then we gonna fight son.

Not really, but I will frown at you a lot :mad:

Gecoma

Koromaru may have shaky story reasons for being in the team, I'll give you that much. But if you're going to call a dog that wants to see the manliest samurai films boring, then we gonna fight son.

Not really, but I will frown at you a lot :mad:

Huh, I don't think I ever did the Koro movie event.
Or just I totally forget it.

I (kinda?) liked his
SL in P3P
& the "I want to go to school too" line (technically I liked that so much because of Karen Strassman's deadpan delivery).

...so there's two things I liked at least!

out of a 100 hour game

PK Gaming

Reminder that this is Fuuka's character arc in P3

fuuka__s_resolution_by_turtwig123.jpg

Best dog > Fuuka

FluxWaveZ

She also has one of the best NPC designs. Is there any concept art for her (or any other P4D NPC) in the artbook?

No, only her character portraits. She's probably one of my favorite Persona supporting cast members overall. The Kanamin Kitchen members unfortunately lack depth like the rest of the "new Persona 4 characters," but they're generally better than Sho, Marie (P4G), Rei and Zen.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Atlus hasn't actually been all that bad with new characters. Marie and Sho get a lot of hate sure, but Labrys, Rei and Zen are decent, and I've heard good things about Kanami too, so it's not all bad.

It's just that Marie gets bought up more frequently.

To many, it seems Marie is the Poochie of the Persona series. I don't actively hate her though. And mostly I just wanted to mention Poochie so I could use this:

giphy.gif

And yeah, both Kanami and Ochimizu (P4D) are great.

Setsu00

No, only her character portraits. She's probably one of my favorite Persona supporting cast members overall. The Kanamin Kitchen members unfortunately lack depth like the rest of the "new Persona 4 characters," but they're generally better than Sho, Marie (P4G), Rei and Zen.

The best part about Kanamin Kitchen is that
Tamami's backstory actually gives more fuel to the theory that she is Brown's daughter

Gecoma

Surprised by the fact that people seem to like Kanami's character. That english trailer of hers did not fill me with confidence.

I figured she'd go down as worse than Sho.

Wasn't he only assigned to the first two victims? Seeing as how they're the only ones who died, your point still stands

EDIT:

By
Mitsuru
you mean
Rise
, right?

Hahaha,
Mitsuro

That's what happens when you post while playing P3.

Also, what the heck Best Buy? Haven't shipped my P4DAN DFE yet, but shipped the standard version I ordered my friend. :/ Hopefully it gets here before I leave to work, but Ultra Despair Girls didn't so....

FluxWaveZ

The best part about Kanamin Kitchen is that
Tamami's backstory actually gives more fuel to the theory that she is Brown's daughter

Heh, well a critical hit against that theory is that
Tamami's 16 in 2012. Brown's 19 in 1999. That means Brown's 32 years old in 2012, which would mean he already had a kid during the events of P1. That'd be pretty cray.

Surprised by the fact that people seem to like Kanami's character. That english trailer of hers did not fill me with confidence.

I figured she'd go down as worse than Sho.

Shos what you know! *shot*
In all seriousness, a lot of that probably comes down to her having an easier time by not being an antagonist.

Also who the hell is Brown?

Setsu00

Tamami's 16 in 2012. Brown's 19 in 1999. That means Brown's 32 years old in 2012, which would mean he already had a kid during the events of P1. That'd be pretty cray.

Oh well, it would have been too nice.

the worst thing atlus has done with sequels is the way
the relationship with adachi has developed. Its awful and cringeworthy and the worst part of P4AU's story

Marie, and labrys are fantastic. Rei and zen are boring but not actively bad.. Sho sucks but not as much as my spoiler. I look forward to seeing what the P4D characters are like tomorrow

Also, what the heck Best Buy? Haven't shipped my P4DAN DFE yet, but shipped the standard version I ordered my friend. :/ Hopefully it gets here before I leave to work, but Ultra Despair Girls didn't so....
I ordered from Best Buy as well. Mine has been ready for UPS, as in not actually shipped yet, for the past day.

lol looking at that guy, I wouldn't doubt it.

Atlus started localization right? Have they announced the English VA cast? Really wanna play the dub because they have consistantly above average dubs.

Any predictions?

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Isn't there a point where the VA cast can start talking about their roles though? I assume they are NDA'd till you guys say so.

Also everyone is voiced by Troy Baker and Laura Bailey. Everyone.

Yeah. That's kind of the deal. The voice actors themselves can reveal their roles if they want, but we don't. Unless we have super explicit permission from them prior, a la Erin Fitzgerald, etc.

Those two are so damn good in Tales from the Borderlands

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Ah sorry I don't know much about video game companies and VA in depth. Do all game companies not announce the VA cast? Is this only for the english VA?

Well, it all depends on the contracts, etc. But basically, the role of a VA is a performance (lots of stories about that last week if you've been following the news). I mean, they're actors so that's what they do. But because of that, they also have lots of rights that go along with that performance, one of those rights being deciding whether or not to disclose their role in a particular project. So yeah, unless it's explicitly agreed to beforehand, we (ATLUS) usually don't.

This of course changes for different companies and across international borders, etc. etc. etc., and bottom line ┐(ツ)┌

daevious

Funny story, I once interviewed some of the students on my campus to find out what they're opinions were on the Persona series (For an assignment, you see ;>_>).
One of the responses I got came from a girl who'd played maybe 8-10 hours of Persona 4. Despite that short amount of time, she told me that she related to Yukiko really closely because, and I'm paraphrasing this a bit, "Like [Yukiko's] bird caught in a cage, Australia was also my gilded cage."

Moral of the story: Never underestimate Persona 4's ability to connect with people.

Top Bottom