• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

artsi

So since PV#01 I've had this theory (fantasy) about Atlus going Teddie route again with Morgana, and I tonight I had to manifest it, lol.

Cw9wX83.jpg

QuadOpto

So since PV#01 I've had this theory (fantasy) about Atlus going Teddie route again with Morgana, and I tonight I had to manifest it, lol.

Nice!

It's almost inevitable. I'd almost be willing to make a bet that somewhere down the line Morgana will have a human form!

(...Or, at least, I would If I wasn't a total pansy about bets...I've seen the kind of avatars people get if they make a blind assumption around here.>_>)

Nice. Me and friends are expecting it - but I'd love it if she ended up being a bit older than her cat voice implies. (Like this)

Makio

That reminds me a comment i make back ago right after the PV01 , saying morgana is going to have a human form and everybody was like "wtf dude ... hell no".

and for that i was not surprised when i hear morgana have a female VA in PV02 , like always i suspected.

And i be surprised if Atlus dont take the chance to give another "non human" waifu like Aigis , Labrys or
Alice Teddie

That reminds me a comment i make back ago right after the PV01 , saying morgana is going to have a human form and everybody was like "wtf dude ... hell no".

and for that i was not surprised when i hear morgana have a female VA in PV02 , like always i suspected.

And i be surprised if Atlus dont take the chance to give another "non human" waifu like Aigis , Labrys or
Alice Teddie

Hey, i'm all for another robot. Just make them as good as Aigis and Labrys' arcs and not add them for the sake of looking pretty. Only hard part will be making them feel unique, since we already have 2 androids

DNAbro

Hey, i'm all for another robot. Just make them as good as Aigis and Labrys' arcs and not add them for the sake of looking pretty. Only hard part will be making them feel unique, since we already have 2 androids

it's not going to be a robot that got turned into a real cat then cartoon cat.

Zebetite

Banned
are you the assistant manager of this thread

Yessir, I do believe I am.

are you a professional purse owner?

The most professional you're likely to find 'round these parts, I reckon. I'm up to date on all certifications and have memorized all the proper procedures to serve you in all your amateur purse-owning needs.

when's persona 6?

Exactly two years after Persona 5, so two years after never.

Did you give Makoto a noogie?

Doors are, by necessity, taller than me, so it is physically impossible.

Makio

I always feel the robot chicks thing is a Persona 3 " exclusive" thing .... i mean you can say Labrys is a Persona 4 character , but how the story play in both games in the end she feel like a Persona 3 character... in my point of view.

Mostly with this picture... (possible spoilers)
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150308194920/megamitensei/images/5/5e/P4AU_P3_ending.jpg

Sophia

I always feel the robot chicks thing is a Persona 3 " exclusive" thing .... i mean you can say Labrys is a Persona 4 character , but how the story play in both games in the end she feel like a Persona 3 character... in my point of view.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150308194920/megamitensei/images/5/5e/P4AU_P3_ending.jpg

Labrys is definitely considered a Persona 3 character. She debuted in a Persona 3 drama. Her entire story mode in Arena is basically all P3 music. And she's basically the heroine of Ultimax on the P3 route.

Makio

Labrys is definitely considered a Persona 3 character. She debuted in a Persona 3 drama. Her entire story mode in Arena is basically all P3 music. And she's basically the heroine of Ultimax on the P3 route.

Exactly what i was saying , but i dont want to give too much detail because i dont want to slip some spoilers.

But yeah she is basically the new member of SEES / Shadow Operatives in Ultimax.

Totally a Persona 3 character.

Sophia

Exactly what i was saying , but i dont want to give too much detail because i dont want to slip some spoilers.

But yeah she is basically the new member of SEES / Shadow Operatives in Ultimax.

Totally a Persona 3 character.

I meant that as a counterpoint to "you could say she's is a persona 4 character", because I don't think anyone actually could. The games are very clear they consider her one of the Persona 3 cast.

VegiHam

Labrys is a Persona 3 character, but she has some pretty heavy thematic ties to the ideas of Persona 4 that I don't feel comfortable dismissing entirely.

Yeah, i definitely feel like Labrys is part of the P3 crew. Still kinda wish she got a spot into the later spinoffs too, i would have LOVED her as a PQ character.

I may be alone on this, but i just want more Aigis and Labrys

kiyoaki

Impressive. Also drives home the fact that Morgana looks better with blue eyes than with red.

Zolo

That's what it is.

I'm hoping that in the day, she'll literally be a normal cat, and then she only gets weird when they're in whatever P5's other world is.

Unless she's a talking cat, there's pretty much zero chance she won't get some kind of human form at some point.
It's also easy merchandising.

artsi

Thanks guys, I'd like to do another "action" piece too later.

Impressive. Also drives home the fact that Morgana looks better with blue eyes than with red.

Yeah, that's the actual color anyway (except in in the stylished trailer cuts where many palettes are swapped).

PV1 and PV2 screenshots:

http://i.imgur.com/3I3tzvb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/OcBixNq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9iFbIBn.jpg

That's what it is.

I'm hoping that in the day, she'll literally be a normal cat, and then she only gets weird when they're in whatever P5's other world is.

Realistically I think that's what it's going to be despite my fantasy, lol.

You can see her turned back to a normal cat form in the PV, in the dungeon escape scene.
She's seen in both forms in the real world too (above images), so I assume it's the time of day specifically that changes her. Unless she can do it at will.

0DnWabO.jpg

Setsu00

PxD's Genesis/ Sousei is a P4 character, though. He even has a Japanese Persona instead of a Greek one.

I also know that almost all of you hate the novel, but yeah.

Makio

Let's not fool ourselves, there's a 90% chance she'll be able to, and a 99.9% chance she'll tease the protag at some point with a sultry human form.

And knowing the japanese are into the catgirls (is like a common fetish for them or something in anime and such) , like someone say earlier is easy marketing and no strange to Atlus to give us a little more of fanservice like they always do.

I personally
loved it
if Morgana have a human form.

CorvoSol

Koromaru is best mascot cuz his form is consistent.

Labrys is actually a P1 character. Labrys is Maki Sonomura.

Maki
died
in Persona 1.

the moment Elly stepped on screen.

Sophia

Aigis definitely was the "mascot" of P3. Just look at any advertising for the game and movies.

Well, she's more of a breakout character who became the mascot. The original vanilla version of Persona 3 and related art didn't put that much focus on her.

But Japan couldn't resist the awesomeness that was a blonde haired robot in the style of Astro Boy voiced by Maaya Sakamoto. :D

Well.....it took me 17 months aka 63 gameplay hours to finally finish P4G. I took HUGE breaks from it and from my lovely Vita altogether but I finally did it.

I said I'd work on my backlog as soon as I'd finish it but playing it non-stop these last two days really rekindled my love for it so now I have to immediately start my ng+ playthrough for the true and golden endings.

I did this first run blind so can anyone link me to a good walkthrough for those endings?

Sophia

I did this first run blind so can anyone link me to a good walkthrough for those endings?

How about I just tell you?

Persona 4 ending guide with SPOILERS:

Bad Ending:
Throw Namatame in the TV.
Neutral Ending:
Convict Namatame of being the killer (but don't throw him into the TV) *OR* fail to correctly guess the true killer.
Accomplice Ending:
Rank Adachi up to rank 6 before November, select Adachi as the killer, but then hide the evidence given the prompt.
Good Ending:
Identify Adachi as the killer and complete Magatsu Inaba.
Good Ending with new Persona 4 Golden content:
Same as the above, but max out Marie's social link before completing Magatsu Inaba
True Ending:
On what appears to be the last day of the game, do not go home. Instead, head to the Junes food court to trigger new scenes that'll lead you on the right path.
True Ending + Epilogue:
Same as the above, but max out Marie's social link before finishing Magatsu Inaba.

Also a tip for you:
If you didn't overwrite your save with a cleared save file, you can always go back and get one of the two true endings above. You don't need to do it on a New Game Plus run as it's always possible to get the true ending.

Shun

I cry every time I look at EVO and rankings for Persona 4 Ultimax because Naoto, despite her tier, doesn't rank well in overall results.

Anyone else a Naoto main?

Also there should be more Naoto/Mitsuru merchandise. Aegis gets a ton of stuff but I need more Naoto and Mitsuru.

I wouldn't replay the entire game just to get the new ending - if possible just search up the correct answers to the final sequence to unlock the last dungeon and such. (You may have to replay if you missed the Marie dungeon though.)

(Sophia's post above is very clear and concise, and I agree 100%)

Well, she's more of a breakout character who became the mascot. The original vanilla version of Persona 3 and related art didn't put that much focus on her.

But Japan couldn't resist the awesomeness that was a blonde haired robot in the style of Astro Boy voiced by Maaya Sakamoto. :D

Damn right! I didn't think of Aigis as a mascot character until i played the spinoffs, but i'm glad she turned out that way, just means more attention to her! :D

True Ending + Epilogue:
Same as the above, but max out Marie's social link before finishing Magatsu Inaba.

I STILL need to get this done. Beat P4G once and only got the normal true ending, still haven't gone back to it yet

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I haven't kept up with what's happening since the new OT went up. Any news about anything (EU P4D?) or is it still just rabbit season/duck season about whether or not we will see P5 this year?

I haven't kept up with what's happening since the new OT went up. Any news about anything (EU P4D?) or is it still just rabbit season/duck season about whether or not we will see P5 this year?

P4D is being released in the EU by NISAmerica, but no date as of yet (although NISA are usually really close to the U.S. releases anyway).

P5 is still Schrodinger's game at the minute.

How about I just tell you?

Persona 4 ending guide with SPOILERS:

Bad Ending:
Throw Namatame in the TV.
Neutral Ending:
Convict Namatame of being the killer (but don't throw him into the TV) *OR* fail to correctly guess the true killer.
Accomplice Ending:
Rank Adachi up to rank 6 before November, select Adachi as the killer, but then hide the evidence given the prompt.
Good Ending:
Identify Adachi as the killer and complete Magatsu Inaba.
Good Ending with new Persona 4 Golden content:
Same as the above, but max out Marie's social link before completing Magatsu Inaba
True Ending:
On what appears to be the last day of the game, do not go home. Instead, head to the Junes food court to trigger new scenes that'll lead you on the right path.
True Ending + Epilogue:
[/spoiler]
Thanks for that.

I wouldn't replay the entire game just to get the new ending - if possible just search up the correct answers to the final sequence to unlock the last dungeon and such. (You may have to replay if you missed the Marie dungeon though.)

(Sophia's post above is very clear and concise, and I agree 100%)
Well, I'm also trying to get the plat. I made a couple different saves just in case so I went back and watched all the endings except the ones with Marie because I was only able to get her to 5 or 6 S.Link.

Out of curiosity, I timed the Gameplay Trailer (PV#01) to see how much of the opening cinematic is covered by gameplay scenes, to see how much of the opening cinematic (characters & style) has yet to be seen. It clocked in at 52 seconds (give or take 1-2 seconds due to me fumbling with my stopwatch).

That means we've yet to see 52 seconds of the opening cinematic's full length (The length of the main theme presented in PV#01, which is

If you factor in the new opening cinematic footage in PV#2 - which clocks in at around 15 seconds (Again, give or take 1 or 2) - we've yet to see around 37 -40 seconds of the opening cinematic. Knowing Atlus and the style of P5, I'd say that's more than enough room to add character intros for 2 - 3 more characters. (Fox Person, Morgana, and likely 1 more character, bringing the full roster to 6)

TL:DR: I checked the trailers so far and have realized that we have yet to see 37-40 seconds of the Opening Cinematic's full length. (1 Minute & 50 Seconds)

"Unrevealed" characters like Fox Mask, Never Give in Man, and/or another character are likely filling this time frame.

I'm getting desperate - help.

QuadOpto

"Unrevealed" characters like Fox Mask, Morgana (Never had her own scene like Anne & Ryuuji), and another character are likely filling this time frame.

Well, that's if you don't count the part of her transforming from a cat into a cartoonier cat and being a series of boxes with those latin sins as her scene (Morgana).

If you're saying it doesn't match up with the earlier transition scenes of the characters (color of eyes being a focus, in the city) , remember that the original Persona 4 Opening was kind of similar with Teddie not really having any similar scenes to all the rest of the human characters. There's also the possibility that Never Give In Guy is also Fox Mask Guy, in which case, that would make him pretty much covered as well, in regards to character intros.

Not saying you're really wrong or anything. If anything I'm banking on it meaning there are even more unseen characters. At least, I'm hopeful for 2 more maybe.

I'm getting desperate too.

If Never Give In guy is also Fox-kun I'm wondering how small the cast will end up being. Or maybe they're just keeping a massive amount of info under wraps.

Makio

About the fox mask and never give in dude , i think is not the same character , even that never give in dude not seems like a party member at all to me (but of course Teddie not look like a party member in the intro either).

And i almost sure fox mask is a
lady
... just for the
"we need more waifus"
factor

Top Bottom