• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Jintor

i just noticed they don't even (fictionally) bother to edit out the animation frame notes when they lift the poochie still out of frame

Well, it all depends on the contracts, etc. But basically, the role of a VA is a performance (lots of stories about that last week if you've been following the news). I mean, they're actors so that's what they do. But because of that, they also have lots of rights that go along with that performance, one of those rights being deciding whether or not to disclose their role in a particular project. So yeah, unless it's explicitly agreed to beforehand, we (ATLUS) usually don't.

This of course changes for different companies and across international borders, etc. etc. etc., and bottom line ┐(ツ)┌
Ah thanks, now I understand.
The identity of Naoto's original Voice Actress will forever be a secret that AtlusUSA will carry to their graves.
Yeah, I think it was due to union rules. Very well done though. She came back for Golden, which suprised me.

iirc, the three most popular guesses for original Naoto were Susan Dalian, Megan Hollingshead, and Valerie Arem.

Pretty sure all of them were refuted even before the recasting, tho.

FluxWaveZ

As P4D launches in NA, I'd like to post a selection of quotes I think summarize the reactions to the game's two major reveals.

Persona 4: Dancing All Night (November 24, 2013)
A FUCKING DANCE GAME FOR THE VITA

PLEASE STOP

ATLUS PLEASE

NO

NOT LIKE THIS NOT LIKE THIS
Noooo nooooo noooooo fuck this dancing shit!
The dancing game doesn't look that bad
Persona 4: Dancing All Night (February 5, 2015)
nananako !!!!

YUKKKKKKIKOOOO
I need this game in my life.
I want Dancing All Night so bad right now! The remixes sound great!

Kinda funny that I am playing Persona 3 this year. The calendar in game matches up with the real life calendar this year.

And Shinji just had to die on my birthday. Fucking Ken. At least I never used him.

Oh man I forgot about the true ending. I heard it's hard to get it by chance on the first play through without looking at a spoiler free-ish guide?

Yeah I missed it first time around.

Not saying anything related to story but I'll spoiler anyway:
At the 'end' of the game it'll ask if you're ready to go back home, select no and go have another look around.

N° 2048

Yeah I missed it first time around.

Not saying anything related to story but I'll spoiler anyway:
At the 'end' of the game it'll ask if you're ready to go back home, select no and go have another look around.

Thanks a ton!

Will unboxing but not playing P4DAN spoil anything?

Thanks a ton!

Will unboxing but not playing P4DAN spoil anything?

No, you'll be fine as long as you don't play the story mode or check the DLC.

Oh man I forgot about the true ending. I heard it's hard to get it by chance on the first play through without looking at a spoiler free-ish guide?

One thing to add to what everyone else has said: The ending is determined by one set of choices, and it is impossible to save afterwards if you mess up. So as long as you don't overwrite your save with a new game plus, you can always go back.

also, this is a little more spoiler but its an extension to getting everything, and still barely a spoiler
in order to get 1 of those dungeons, you have to max Marie's social link

So, who else is at the mercy of their UPS driver or mailman today? DAN could be waiting for me, behind the tree on my porch, when I get home or I could get it later tonight. Who knows.

N° 2048

So, who else is at the mercy of their UPS driver or mailman today? DAN could be waiting for me, behind the tree on my porch, when I get home or I could get it later tonight. Who knows.

I am so happy I am home because Amazon sent mine with "Do Not Safedrop" so they wouldn't leave it on the porch.

Lunar15

Was there ever a high res non watermarked version of this art released anywhere:

11250-61575-thickbox.jpg

Gecoma

Yaaaay, platinum trophy for Golden.

125hr 20min all up. I have no regrets :p

Lucky you :(

I've tried to get the last trophy I need (Hardcore Risette Fan) 3 or 4 times, full playthroughs as well, & I just cannot get it.

So infuriating not being able to platinum my favourite game. Alas.

Maybe I'll get it in ten years when I go back to see how P4 holds up to P6 :p

I've tried to get the last trophy I need (Hardcore Risette Fan) 3 or 4 times, full playthroughs as well, & I just cannot get it.

I don't think I've ever platinum'd a game. The fascination some people seemed to have with it just seemed unnecessary. :/

I opened up a document I found online with everything Rise says, and had to just start checking shit off as she said it. That way I knew what I still had to get and got the trophy after a couple hours of grinding.

I don't think I've ever platinum'd a game. The fascination some people seemed to have with it just seemed unnecessary. :/
Ill platinum games if I'm looking for an excuse to keep playing a certain game and the trophies look like a fun way to do that.

Sometimes I do things that others would find boring, like Platinum FFXIII, but i truly enjoyed it. Even grinding out all the items was fun since I just kept trying to find ways to kill adamantoise faster and faster

http://psnprofiles.com/ShadowSoldier89&completion=platinum&order=played&pf=all#content
16 platinums, and the only one that was a mistake to do was rock band 2. I enjoyed the rest

JCX

I'm glad I never cared about achievements. Games are already getting too long, padded and grindy as is.

I tried to platinum inFamous, but the last things I had to do were so tedious that I gave up.

In P3P I just got to
Floor 59 in Tartarus
, still have no idea what the larger story is beyond just
Climbing up Tartarus and waiting for the next full moon boss.
I usually don't care much about story in games, but P4G raised my expectations. Does the story open up anytime soon?

Nimby

Banned
Only game I've platinum'd was
Final Fantasy XIII-2

I've considered trying to platinum more as I play, but I don't have the patience. If SMTIV had achievements, holy hell.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Never Platinumed a game, but here's my highest trophy completion percentage in ascending order:

• Shadow of Mordor
  • Danganronpa 2
  • Persona 4 Dancing All Night
  • Persona 4 Golden
  • Too Human

The shame of that last one is overwhelming.

Never Platinumed a game, but here's my highest trophy completion percentage in ascending order:

• Shadow of Mordor
  • Danganronpa 2
  • Persona 4 Golden
  • Too Human

I know that shame, I might have put close to 200 hours into Too Human.

Sophia

I tried to platinum inFamous, but the last things I had to do were so tedious that I gave up.

In P3P I just got to
Floor 59 in Tartarus
, still have no idea what the larger story is beyond just
Climbing up Tartarus and waiting for the next full moon boss.
I usually don't care much about story in games, but P4G raised my expectations. Does the story open up anytime soon?

Persona 3's story is pretty back loaded, for better or worse. The second act is pretty weak from a main story standpoint (P4 has this problem too, but less noticeable because of a better structure.)

Once you start hitting
the last few full moons
and the game's third act, it picks up like crazy.

Related to this, I'm actually very curious to see how Persona 5 shakes up the three-act structure that Persona 3 and Persona 4 had. The second act of both games is pretty weak, and made up for by a fantastic resolution/third act.

• Shadow of Mordor
  • Danganronpa 2
  • Persona 4 Golden
  • Too Human

I've only platinumed Dangan2 (fuck you Usami) and Virtue's Last Reward (which I don't think you can't not platinum)

So I bought the P4 DAN theme. Didn't think it'll be available in the NA store.

Is there a preview of the theme?

Top Bottom