• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

arue

it's cool, and thanks! lol.

So is it just me or is P3 easier than P4?

I'm at the ass end of October. About how many hours are left?

I have like 3.5 million yen. What do I do with all my yens?

Is there any easier way to level up? Wanted to be level 60 by the next operation but all the shadows are scared of me and don't give me shit for exp. I still need like 13000 exp.
If you're aiming to 100% the compendium, all that money would be gone in a matter of minutes in late-game. Otherwise, you can spend them on the arcade to raise your stats like Sophia said.

Hydrus

Fellow persona fans, need your input! So PS3 Arena Ultimax is on sale for 20$. Should I buy? Game looks fun, but I was wondering if this thing could potentially go to 15$ or a PS4 Version gets released in the next year. Looks like new PS3 games are beginning to dry up.

Fellow persona fans, need your input! So PS3 Arena Ultimax is on sale for 20$. Should I buy? Game looks fun, but I was wondering if this thing could potentially go to 15$ or a PS4 Version gets released in the next year. Looks like new PS3 games are beginning to dry up.

PS4 version is unlikely imo. If you want it as a fighting game, go for it, it's really good.

Darksol

I literally had a dream last night where I was hanging out with Marie and Adachi and I was asking them when Persona 5 was going to come out, but they told me that they were sworn to secrecy and to ask Kanji, but I could find him anywhere. So instead, I took a job at the hospital and slept with Sayoko.

Then I woke up.

What the hell, brain. You cannot keep torturing me like this.

I literally had a dream last night where I was hanging out with Marie and Adachi and I was asking them when Persona 5 was going to come out, but they told me that they were sworn to secrecy and to ask Kanji, but I could find him anywhere. So instead, I took a job at the hospital and slept with Sayoko.

Then I woke up.

What the hell, brain. You cannot keep torturing me like this.

Ridiculous. No way you can hang out with more that two s-links per day!

I thought P3 was harder than 4, though I played 3 before 4. I also remember Golden more, which was even easier than 4 vanilla.

I haven't come across a part where I was all omg frustrated yet in 3 but had a few in 4.

.... what difficulty are you playing on, what version of Persona 3, and what level are you right now? o_O;

Also, be spending your yens at the arcade to max out either social stats or Persona stats.
Playing on normal, FES, lv 59. Only really doing the ladies s.links. also have the old couple and the gourmet kings but not really caring about them.

Oh! Happy birthday!

I always find P3 harder than P4 because you have less strategic flexibility without full party control.

Thank you.

I don't find the lack of party control hard as much as it is frustrating. At least Mitsuru doesn't have Marin Karin anymore.

If you're aiming to 100% the compendium, all that money would be gone in a matter of minutes in late-game. Otherwise, you can spend them on the arcade to raise your stats like Sophia said.

Not planning on 100%.

Sophia

Playing on normal, FES, lv 59. Only really doing the ladies s.links. also have the old couple and the gourmet kings but not really caring about them.

The reason you're not frustrated, and the reason you're having problems hitting 60, is because you're way over-leveled. Unbelievably over-leveled. Every boss is meant to be fought within five levels of it. The October boss is level
and the next story boss is level
which means you're ahead of them both significantly.

Think about it. YOU ARE
LEVELS AHEAD OF THE STORY BOSS FOR OCTOBER. You are probably spending way too much time in Tartarus. :p

The reason you're not frustrated, and the reason you're having problems hitting 60, is because you're way over-leveled. Unbelievably over-leveled. Every boss is meant to be fought within five levels of it. The October boss is level
and the next story boss is level
which means you're ahead of them both significantly.

Think about it. YOU ARE
LEVELS AHEAD OF THE STORY BOSS FOR OCTOBER. You are probably spending way too much time in Tartarus. :p
Ha-ha...I thought I wasn't spending ENOUGH time in Tartarus.

Well the upcoming full moon operation bosses are 61, 61 & 63 according to the megami rensei wiki and the October full moon operation bosses were 56.

Zolo

Lvl 60-70's a pretty decent level to fight the final boss
although I was level 90 and nearly died after getting hit with status effects. Luckily, the MC had rage and was able to kill the final boss before it could attack.

Sophia

Ha-ha...I thought I wasn't spending ENOUGH time in Tartarus.

Well the upcoming full moon operation bosses are 61, 61 & 63 according to the megami rensei wiki and the October full moon operation bosses were 56.

That information is definitely not right. The bosses are level 53 and 54. The October's full moon boss is the level I said earlier. Not sure where those numbers came from.

That information is definitely not right. The bosses are level 53 and 54. The October's full moon boss is the level I said earlier. Not sure where those numbers came from.
Hmm...so they were wrong....at least for
Jin.

Yeah, I think I'm too powerful. Lv 60 with Moljnir and Thor/Take Michzuchi combo, battle was a cinch. At least I can just focus on the story.

Damn, didn't even get touched by the
hanged man arcana shadow. Lol.

squadr0n

Where is this on sale btw? Or did I miss it already? :( Looks like it's 40$ on PSN at the moment.

Website update is pretty much guaranteed this Friday. I'd almost be willing to avatar bet on that.

I expect weekly, or at least bi-weekly #FE news at this point, either through famitsu or website updates, or both. Bet they're going to start rolling out charecter trailers for that soon.

And there's the new Atlus game that will be announced soon(TM).
Famitsu is teasing a major scoop next week, that could potentially be incredibly disappointing like pretty much every teased famitsu scoop :p
. Which will actually probably be a livestream event soonish.

And there's Etrian V, which has to be revealed at some point.

So there's still a fair amount of Atlus things going on, even if more new Persona 5 media is looking unlikely.

Kind of impressed by how much of this post actually came true, even the overly optimistic famitsu feature bit. Just need Etrian V soon now.

FluxWaveZ

Kind of impressed by how much of this post actually came true, even the overly optimistic famitsu feature bit. Just need Etrian V soon now.

I believed in the Friday update for Persona 5 (the bet I proposed was actually a bluff to see how convinced you were, since I actually wasn't going to take it), and I believed in a stream on November 24 (might still happen, I guess), but really didn't think that the Famitsu tease was going to end up being an Atlus thing.

We should see EOV again sometime this year.

Oh yeah, I don't know if it was announced before your comment, but it's also true we're going to start seeing #FE character trailers soon, so nice guesses all around.

Needless to say, there's a pretty decent sized following for "YukaMitsu" (Yukari x Mitsuru)

UqfaGuj.jpg

8h6dYGR.jpg

teWwn5l.jpg

MS45xqY.jpg

ENnLUPS.jpg

dzCaeF0.png

Personally, I'm in the camp that believes
it became canon between the events of Persona 3 and Persona 4 Ultimax. (With the MC gone, they kinda just fall into place together - that's my take on it anyway.)

It's also rather heavily hinted at in official P3 Media and Drama CDs. (Spoilers in Link, Obviously)

If there are any issues with me linking those images just let me know.

What are the actual mechanics behind that love hotel scene? I think I got paired up with Akihiko as FemC (talk about best case scenario). But I've seen a bunch of other outcomes I think.

PK Gaming

What are the actual mechanics behind that love hotel scene? I think I got paired up with Akihiko as FemC (talk about best case scenario). But I've seen a bunch of other outcomes I think.

IIRC FeMC can get paired up with either Akihiko or Junpei. Yukari is mandatory, so she's the one being paired up with the leftovers (Akihiko, Junpei or Mitsuru).

Having trouble getting the reaper to appear in Golden. So close to the platinum!

Can anyone tell me the yukikos palace trick they used? I know there are a few variations out there.

#FE is releasing 26th December in Japan, it's just 2016 for NA and Europe though. As of E3, Nintendo of America were just calling it Genei Ibun Roku #FE.

Personally, I'm in the camp that believes
it became canon between the events of Persona 3 and Persona 4 Ultimax. (With the MC gone, they kinda just fall into place together - that's my take on it anyway.)

Well, after Ultimax epilogue, they are very close.

I can see how the whole yukari x mitsuru thing came about, though I'm still confused by the amount of Naoto x Rise art

lol, I don't get it either.

Top Bottom