• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Whats the common view of DAN? Its good?

Asking cuz Im somewhat interested?

BTW, any one wanna trade JP PSN credit to US? pls :3

Do you like rhythm games and Persona 4? Then it's a must buy and a ton of fun.

If you don't like rhythm games, I would wait for maybe a price drop? $50 is a tiny bit steep for the amount of content, and the plot is enjoyable but not worth the price of entry alone, imho

Sophia

General census I've seen is that it's a fun music game, but not terribly amazing because of some questionable beatmaps + odd UI design. All basically depends on how much you like the Persona 4 soundtrack, really.

I generally don't like rhythm games, I haven't picked one up in years really. But I'm having fun in DAN. I haven't finished the story yet, I'm about half way, but I suspect the story is exactly what you'd come expect from a P4 spinoff by now. And the music is of course top notch.

But if you're not revving up for this kind of gameplay I would wait because it will surely drop in price sometime soon. There's no rush.

General census I've seen is that it's a fun music game, but not terribly amazing because of some questionable beatmaps + odd UI design. All basically depends on how much you like the Persona 4 soundtrack, really.
Yeah, that I've noticed as I play the higher diffculties of songs. Like, it's a bit apparent on some songs on lower difficulties, but moreso on higher ones Like, the beatmap will fine for most of the song and then will a bunch of random notes that don't even flow with the rhythm of the song itself will come in and throw me completly off and end my combo I had or make me end the song prematurely. Or in a few cases, just throw so many random notes all at same time at you. I understand that harder difficulties are supposed to be more like your playing the song note for note, but it's also got to flow well to the song's rhythm itself as well.

Makio

Late: I forgot I had actually taken a few screenshots of P4D. Bonus:

Man i cant decide which one is better
Nozomi or Tomoe
both are
cute as fuck

And the
Nozomi X Kanji
part was great and cute , better fit than whatever they try with
Naoto
over the years hahaha.

Headcanon in my heart right there

Crazy idea: The final P4 spinoff will release in 2020.
Persona 4
Olympics.

The final boss is the manifestation of man's hatred of foreigners.
(This is of course after facing
the embodiment of man's desire for affordable housing in their Sim City game, and the embodiment of man's desire to remove dissenting opinions in their Twitter app for smartphones.
)

The Aigis ones there are pretty funny too:

Makoto has the best comment ever. XD

These should have been in Persona Q itself, like when you're looking at the profile of other party members.

Kinda wished they did more with the stroll feature, and let you actually talk 1 on 1 to the characters here and there, but it's still a nice feature. (stroll event spoiler)
So far my favorite one was Yukari voicing her concerns on her feelings after Rise told her to not just say "nevermind" and to spit it out, with Rise helping her on those feelings she was having. Made the casts feel even more like real, fleshed out characters

If you don't play other rhythm games often, and you like Persona music, go for it. But I've been playing it, and after playing other rhythm games, it seems to be pretty half-assed in terms of beatmaps and note placements.

PK Gaming

CP8ekaeUcAAxZNy.jpg

Lunar15

Random,Unsubstantiated Prediction time:
The other girl party member is the detective he's speaking to in the interrogation. Final member being another detective? I wouldn't put it past Atlus!

JCX

3rd block of Tartarus. Very frustrated by
One hit Mudo kills by shadows in this area, even while wearing the revival beads.

PK Gaming

There's going to be a female detective in this game. It's just of matter of whether or not she joins the team.

Oh for sure. The girl who interrogates the protagonist is most likely detective.

But another detective party member? A retread of Naoto? F Thaaaaaaaat.

Dantis

Random,Unsubstantiated Prediction time:
The other girl party member is the detective he's speaking to in the interrogation. Final member being another detective? I wouldn't put it past Atlus!

It's also Naoto.

It's reeeeeeally good. I love it.

Top Bottom