• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

SoulUnison

Banned
Is Persona 5 set in the same world?

Like 4 was set in the world of 3 since you visit locations and see characters, and 3 seems to be set in the world of 1 and 2 because of things like the the television reports with the old characters.

Atlus doesn't seem to want to bring 1 and 2 into the "present", even though they had opportunities like Arena and Ultimax, but we get references like alt. colors and costumes in the aforementioned and Dancing All Night.

I wonder if someday we'll see a full-blown RPG that's the "Shadow Operatives," "Investigation Team," "Take Your Heart," "Persona 6 Party," and so on, (for the most part, not every character could be playable unless they increased battle parties to, like, 10 people,) all taking on some all-encompassing threat.

...I need Arena's story to go somewhere that isn't a spin-off rhythm game.

Lunar15

I'd imagine it'll be like 4: Set in the same world, but restricts any mention of past games to minor cameos and nods.

And that's just how I want it.

Weiss

Banned

Like 4 was set in the world of 3 since you visit locations and see characters, and 3 seems to be set in the world of 1 and 2 because of things like the the television reports with the old characters.

Atlus doesn't seem to want to bring 1 and 2 into the "present", even though they had opportunities like Arena and Ultimax, but we get references like alt. colors and costumes in the aforementioned and Dancing All Night.

I wonder if someday we'll see a full-blown RPG that's the "Shadow Operatives," "Investigation Team," "Take Your Heart," "Persona 6 Party," and so on, (for the most part, not every character could be playable unless they increased battle parties to, like, 10 people,) all taking on some all-encompassing threat.

P1 and P2 are set in 1996 and 1999, respectively. All the Persona games have set dates when they occur.

JCX

When I began seeing connections between P4/P3, I was super impressed that Atlus didn't do what you just mentioned. Unless it were something like Q but still normal Persona structure it could be fun, but I admire their restraint.

Would like to see a Junes in P5 though.

Makio

Whatever it is, it's going to be pretty hard (IMO) for AtlusUSA to match Persona 5's list of Japanese voice cast.)

I feel "lucky" to basically dont be familiar with anyone from that "all star" cast at all (only The Phantom and Yusuke seiyuu). Since im dont watch anime in japanese and im not aware of the seiyuu / japanese VA scene. .

So whatever cast they choose for the english cast is going to be fine with me, since i known very well the english actors. Plus i dont "suffer" when they decide not to put dual audio again.

Wonder which ones we can consider as a English VA All Star Cast, since im pretty sure Persona 3 & 4 already have some of them.

FluxWaveZ

Wonder which ones we can consider as a English VA All Star Cast, since im pretty sure Persona 3 & 4 already have some of them.

Quality voice acting trumps the "all-star" label, for me. The VA scene in the West is very different than in Japan, and I don't think there's any problem if the cast was full of unknowns but were talented nonetheless. Danganronpa 1 had a couple of those.

The plus for an all-star group is that at least there's the reassurance that the cast will most likely be talented, and they have a bunch of notable previous performances to point to.

Makio

The VA scene in the West is very different than in Japan, and I don't think there's any problem if the cast was full of unknowns but were talented nonetheless. Danganronpa 1 had a couple of those..

True , true

And damn the Danganronpa series have a great english cast in those games , i can easily choose a voice actor for each party member (known so far) of Persona 5 , using only Danganronpa voice actors. A lot of my wishful choices for the p5 english dub are in there anyway.

That's what Q2 is for, no? :p

mdubs

Banned
JYB for P5MC. It needs to happen so much because of the Lelouche connection, like it is just screaming for it to happen

Nachos

Depends on how Atlus wants to connect their worlds. Until now, all of the Persona games have been set in fictional locations, yet 5's set in Shibuya. A crossover is going to get past any logistical issues no matter what, but I'm curious to know if Atlus is going to smush the real and fictive together from the get-go.

Quality voice acting trumps the "all-star" label, for me. The VA scene in the West is very different than in Japan, and I don't think there's any problem if the cast was full of unknowns but were talented nonetheless. Danganronpa 1 had a couple of those.
DR1's a bit of a special case, since it was recorded at Bang Zoom. Granted, the ultimate decision for casting falls to the client, but the first game was directed by Tony Oliver, who isn't afraid to push total newcomers, even if they don't have a credit to their name. Not many studios have the same outreach programs for letting newbies make themselves known, much less a top-tier studio like PCB, which is less likely to pick up on new talent just as they're just entering the scene.

I honestly don't see P5 going with anyone who isn't already established to some extent, but that's still a good pool, even if you bar actors who have already had major roles in the past.

JYB for P5MC. It needs to happen so much because of the Lelouche connection, like it is just screaming for it to happen
Said it before, but nah, it's gotta be Robbie Daymond, aka the new voice of Tuxedo Mask and someone who's already worked with Atlus before.

DNAbro

Atlus has #FE, Odin Sphere, and SMT4:F to promote. MysticDistance predicted new info in March and I'm inclined to agree with him.

Gecoma

Looks like he's in a basement or something.

Would be kinda weird for a Coffee shop to have a basement like that, I would think an upper floor apartment would be more likely living quarters. Maybe it's different in Japan.

Hell maybe that isn't even the Coffee shop that was talked about in February. Could be more of a secret base type of thing.

FluxWaveZ

Atlus has #FE, Odin Sphere, and SMT4:F to promote. MysticDistance predicted new info in March and I'm inclined to agree with him.

For Persona 5? March sounds too late.They'll most likely be showing off the anime before the game comes out in the summer, after all, and we still need to hear more about that.

Zolo

I wouldn't expect much of anything until we start getting closer to release date with two other games to advertise. On the bright side, Persona 5 will likely have a fairly heavy presence at E3 like a lot of people wanted.

Makio

Said it before, but nah, it's gotta be Robbie Daymond, aka the new voice of Tuxedo Mask and someone who's already worked with Atlus before.

Shit this is a great casting pick , need to hear more from him , but i definitely buy it.

PD : That Sailor Moon new dub is a real All Star cast , a lot of great talent in there im surprised to see so many familiar names even for little roles.

And of course a lot of Persona VA , including S.Sheh (Metis) as Serena / Sailor Moon.

Shit this is a great casting call , need to hear more from him , but i definitely buy it.

PD : That Sailor Moon new dub is a real All Star cast , a lot of great talent in there im surprised to see so many familiar names even for little roles.

And of course a lot of Persona VA , including S.Sheh (Metis) as Serena / Sailor Moon.

Keeping with Sailor Moon VAs, I wouldn't mind Amanda C. Miller in a Persona game. Both of the roles she did in Fire Emblem: Awakening were distinct and well-done.

Actually im surprised C. Vee or Higgins didnt get a role in Dancing all night , mostly because both was like my top choices for voice Kanamin or one of the Kitchen Girls.

I figured Higgins was busy due to other commitments in recent years. (admittedly, this assumption is based on her not voicing Talis anymore, and that's it)

Makio

So,
PV2: Battle Theme

No sure if is the battle theme but how they work the instrumental vs Lyn vocals in the Pv01 theme, you can actually place or imagine where the vocals are going to be in the "guitar" parts.
And yeah the PV03 is the Master of Tartarus / I Face Myself (Dungeon Boss Battle Theme) of Persona 5 in my opinion

Keeping with Sailor Moon VAs, I wouldn't mind Amanda C. Miller in a Persona game. Both of the roles she did in Fire Emblem: Awakening were distinct and well-done.

She is pretty good , love her Cherche in Awakening.

I would love to see her voice Anne in Persona 5 , just for the laughs since she is the VA of Junko in Danganronpa hahaha

And for that cast i would love to see Cristina Vee , Kate Higgins and Benjamin Diskin make it into a Persona game.

Actually im surprised C. Vee or Higgins didnt get a role in Dancing all night , mostly because both was like my top choices for voice Kanamin or one of the Kitchen Girls.

PK Gaming

giphy.gif

Maybe she didnt get a dancing role because she is in P5!!
Ill keep dreaming, cristina vee is one of my favorite voice actors ever

squadr0n

Guys, I did it! Thank you both, and everyone else, so much for all the help! In the end I fused my Pixie, who had Zan, with a guy that Zan enhancing skills to make a Zan machine she could barely hurt and after a bit of training I got her! 'End Negotiation' really did seem to be the trick I was missing. Might stick with this game a bit longer now.

Great Job! You should be good for awhile now that your past the 2 hardest parts of the opening. The game really takes off and picks up a stride once your actually in Tokyo. Here is a great article on SMT IV for anyone on the fence or having trouble picking it back up: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/18/will-always-need-shin-megami-tensei/

No Spoilers btw

Setsu00

P5 is set in the same universe as P3 and P4 (and probably P2EP). Soejima confirmed that in one of the Persona Magazines IIRC.

i thought we all agreed that the platinum persona game is gonna be aegish

Only if they decide to remake Vanquish.
tbh, having a Bayo-style game as a wild card could work. Multiple weapons for hands and feet replaced by multiple personas (main and sub?).

I don't want another spinoff until we get Persona 5.

Anything more and it actually WILL be cheapening the brand of Persona.

HAH!

So in p3 FES I'm at the part where
where Chidori gives her life for Junpei.
I'm like level 68/69, should I just stop leveling?
Chidori
never even got a chance to attack.

I didn't mean to be overleveled, bit it makes this game so boring.

Top Bottom