• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Zolo

I had a decent amount of trouble with the final boss even at level 90 or so....
mostly due to the final boss inflicting all my characters with status effects.
. On the good side, you're pretty much the perfect level to face the reaper.....though you may need to use one of the three well-known ways to take him down rather than straight up fighting him.

Sophia

So in p3 FES I'm at the part where
where Chidori gives her life for Junpei.
I'm like level 68/69, should I just stop leveling?
Chidori
never even got a chance to attack.

I didn't mean to be overleveled, bit it makes this game so boring.

That's an easy fight even when you're not overleveled, so don't worry about it.

I had a decent amount of trouble with the final boss even at level 90 or so....
mostly due to the final boss inflicting all my characters with status effects.
. On the good side, you're pretty much the perfect level to face the reaper.....though you may need to use one of the three well-known ways to take him down rather than straight up fighting him.

What are these ways you speak of?
Also should I be fusing s.link personas?

Meia

What are these ways you speak of?
Also should I be fusing s.link personas?

Depends on the persona.

There are 4 personas that gain skills no other persona can: Surt(Ragnarok - fire), Odin(Thunder Reign - Lightning), Norn(Panta Rhei - Wind), Skadi(Niflheim - ice). These skills are the Severe version of each of the elements, and can do massive damage if put on a persona that has boost + amp of the appropriate element, especially boosted.

You can fight the Reaper the regular way, but the "cheap" way(so long as you're playing Fes) is to fuse an Odin and level it til it gets Thunder Reign. Thunder Reign has a 100% chance of shocking an enemy, which means a physical attack will knock it down. MC uses it, then the next character uses a physical to knock it down. Refuse the all out attack, then continue. Reaper wastes a turn standing up, and you can beat it this way without ever being attacked.

You CAN beat it at your level normally though if you keep your party buffed and Reaper debuffed, but it would take awhile. Only real award for doing it is opening up a new block in Tartarus that has insanely high leveled mobs(but because of this your party will gain 2-3 levels a fight you survive at first), so you can get even more ridiculously overleveled. :p

Setsu00

Very... uh, creative?

149426.jpg

Funny enough i can hear that track being in the p5 soundtrack , kinda fit with the others hahaha.

Mmmhhh, Bayo and P5 both have jazzy soundtracks but they're very different kinds of jazzy. Bayo's is very sparkly and feminine and makes you wanna poledance on an oversized cocktail glass.

JCX

Add in Kanye West and you've got yourself the perfect shitstorm.

I'd actually love a Kanye helmed persona soundtrack. Wouldn't want him to rap on all of it, but he could produce something great. At least better than "3 dots connect to rectangles"

FluxWaveZ

Atlus Japan has stopped hiring, after a lengthy period where they were accepting newly graduated applicants.
現在、応募受付を停止しています。= We've now stopped accepting applicants.

There are 4 personas that gain skills no other persona can: Surt(Ragnarok - fire), Odin(Thunder Reign - Lightning), Norn(Panta Rhei - Wind), Skadi(Niflheim - ice). These skills are the Severe version of each of the elements, and can do massive damage if put on a persona that has boost + amp of the appropriate element, especially boosted.

You can fight the Reaper the regular way, but the "cheap" way(so long as you're playing Fes) is to fuse an Odin and level it til it gets Thunder Reign. Thunder Reign has a 100% chance of shocking an enemy, which means a physical attack will knock it down. MC uses it, then the next character uses a physical to knock it down. Refuse the all out attack, then continue. Reaper wastes a turn standing up, and you can beat it this way without ever being attacked.

You CAN beat it at your level normally though if you keep your party buffed and Reaper debuffed, but it would take awhile. Only real award for doing it is opening up a new block in Tartarus that has insanely high leveled mobs(but because of this your party will gain 2-3 levels a fight you survive at first), so you can get even more ridiculously overleveled. :p

I actually fought him the normal way. Had Aigis buff everyone, had Akihiko debuff Reaper, had Yukari on healing duty, and pummeled him with Surt until he went down. I wasn't even ready, i just decided to see how long i could go, and Yukari's heals were enough to keep the party alive

Depends on the persona.

Well, I do have Odin.....

Zolo

The other ways are to use either the fusion spells Armageddon(The easiest if you can afford it) or Infinity. I personally used infinity since the Thunder Reign strategy didn't work for me. I didn't even know it was a known strategy for it either since I just tried to think of ways I could defeat it though I believe it is the least popular.

The other ways are to use either the fusion spells Armageddon(The easiest if you can afford it) or Infinity. I personally used infinity since the Thunder Reign strategy didn't work for me. I didn't even know it was a known strategy for it either since I just tried to think of ways I could defeat it though I believe it is the least popular.

:/ doesn't look like I'm high enough level to fuse the personas for those spells.

Well that didn't work. Reaper immediately recovers.

If you're playing FES, recovering from downed status should take up a turn. The strategy is to lock him into a cycle of repeatedly wasting his turns while you chip away at his HP.

This only works if the Reaper doesn't act immediately after the MC, since you need someone else to critical him.

I was watching PV03 again and I just realized that
the beginning of the last third of the trailer wasn't just a strange transition but a window rolling up on a car with Anne inside.
But I'm pretty sure me just noticing that was just because I haven't watched the trailer in HQ on a large screen up until now.

So, uh... Carry on.

If you're playing FES, recovering from downed status should take up a turn. The strategy is to lock him into a cycle of repeatedly wasting his turns while you chip away at his HP.

This only works if the Reaper doesn't act immediately after the MC, since you need someone else to critical him.

This is what's happening. Odin stuns him, but he recovers before someone else can attack.

It's Christmas time. How many more hours do I have?

I remember trying the thunder reign strategy against the reaper in P3 and having it fail...I think because party members ended up getting KO'd anyway and no one could deal damage to the reaper with that method. So mid way through the fight I had to fight him the old fashioned way.

This is what's happening. Odin stuns him, but he recovers before someone else can attack.

It's Christmas time. How many more hours do I have?

I don't remember if turn order is random or if it's decided by the agility stat. Someone confirm plz. ofc if you're levelled enough and your Personas are good then fighting him proper is easy.

There's not that much left of the game now, sub-10 hours. January isn't an exciting month, but the payoff is worth it.

do the arena stories spoil any of the answer? was gonna take a break from this for a bit after i finish the journey and play some of the other games, but if they do then i wont

Top Bottom