• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

DNAbro

do the arena stories spoil any of the answer? was gonna take a break from this for a bit after i finish the journey and play some of the other games, but if they do then i wont

it spoils quite a bit of it.

though I would recommend just watching the answer on youtube. Not worth playing imo

cj_iwakura

I can't say I recall this...

tumblr_nw9xngtGKI1rpsmato2_500.jpg

Oh, wait, it's IS. I believe it.

Also:
tumblr_nw995v9hG51t04spvo1_540.jpg

So I tried to fight the reaper again and after Odin uses thunder reign I got Akihiko to attack next, but he double critical hits so reaper won't stay down.

Also, bad ending is booooooooooring.....

So I tried to fight the reaper again and after Odin uses thunder reign I got Akihiko to attack next, but he double critical hits so reaper won't stay down.

Was he set to Knock Down? I think they'll skip their turn if all possible enemies are knocked down.

What actually happens in that, I didn't go for it because I never really like to be a douche in games.

Everyone forgets everything and the world ends off-screen.
Fun.

Lunar15

One thing I like about what we've heard with P5 is that the MC has a bit more stake. I'm not sure what they'll do, but since Picaresque novels are usually about someone who is terribly wronged and desires revenge, I think we could see something taken from the MC or him getting framed for something. This is a nice contrast to P4 and 3's MC's who, aside from gaining awesome powers, don't have a whole lot of personal vested interest in succeeding.

hughesta

Banned
I'm still working my way through P3, slowly but surely. From what I've heard I'll know the bad ending when I see it, but I'm in November so I must be getting pretty close. Anyone just wanna throw out a date I should keep my on?

I'm still working my way through P3, slowly but surely. From what I've heard I'll know the bad ending when I see it, but I'm in November so I must be getting pretty close. Anyone just wanna throw out a date I should keep my on?

I don't remember the date, but you're literally given the options "final boss fight" vs "<insert not-alternative>" in less blunt phrasing. It's the most obvious ending split I've ever seen.

It's way obvious, but....
new years eve.

So make sure you save the day before.

Was he set to Knock Down? I think they'll skip their turn if all possible enemies are knocked down.

Everyone forgets everything and the world ends off-screen.
Fun.

Nope, didn't think about that. I'll try that later.

It amuses me on some level that, even though it fits and is thematically consistent, selecting the bad ending in P3 is essentially the same as outright asking the player
"Do you want a game over screen?" Yes/No
with a level of bluntness you don't usually see even with "bad" endings.

"You've been playing this game for like 90 hours. Give up and let the final boss win?" Yes/No

I know it makes sense from a thematic standpoint, but from a gameplay design standpoint it's just funny.

It amuses me on some level that, even though it fits and is thematically consistent, selecting the bad ending in P3 is essentially the same as outright asking the player
"Do you want a game over screen?" Yes/No
with a level of bluntness you don't usually see even with "bad" endings.

"You've been playing this game for like 90 hours. Give up and let the final boss win?" Yes/No

I know it makes sense from a thematic standpoint, but from a gameplay design standpoint it's just funny.

On the other hand, the bad ending sequence in P4 features an almost impossible (on the first try) maze of questions that you have to answer right, I guess that fits the theme of P4 though.

They haven't found a real balance yet I guess, but if P5 has a bad ending I'd rather have that they choose for something more like P3 and P4, getting the correct ending in P4 is just tedious IMO.

On the other hand, the bad ending sequence in P4 features an almost impossible (on the first try) maze of questions that you have to answer right, I guess that fits the theme of P4 though.

Hated this.

I'm not sure why Persona needs more than one ending at all, really. It's not like they're equally weighted.

I guess they're relevant from a thematic standpoint. From a gameplay standpoint they feel unimportant.

PK Gaming

FREEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddddddddddoooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Q. How many letters was that

PK Gaming

110, if you don't count the space. Just paste it into a word processor.

Also freedom from what?

PS. In case you decide to be a wiseass, I'm well aware the number of letters in "that" is 4.

1) BZZT WRONG
2) Freedom from having to wear a dunce avatar for a month
3) I can't believe you got that wrong! Didn't you use a word processor?!!?!?!!

From now on, with every month that passes we're at least one month closer to P5.

I mean, it's not like it's going to be delayed another time.

Right?!!??!?

1) BZZT WRONG
2) Freedom from having to wear a dunce avatar for a month
3) I can't believe you got that wrong! Didn't you use a word processor?!!?!?!!

What? But I-
*checks it again*
139? Must've been more tired than I thought.
Oh well. It's in keeping with my reputation as village idiot.

Not that it has anything to do with the dunce avatar. I could have quit any time.

Top Bottom